MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

It’s not entirely my cup of tea, but it can only be good news that they’ve been renewed through to 2023. Well done and all that.

EDIT: they’ve plans for a second show too. Perhaps like “Dark” but an Xplosion type version?

Edited by Daaaaaad!

Let’s just hope another show on national TV doesn’t mean even longer matches now that they haven’t got to squeeze everything into two hours. They could do far worse than to fill the extra time with all the great recap and montage videos they put online.

I’m already sick of the knobheads on Twitter trying to use this news to suggest AEW is some huge success that’s without fault. Don’t get me wrong, it’s good news and overall I usually enjoy Dynamite, but you’d have to be either blind or married to Brandi Rhodes to not see some of the major problems they continue to have and desperately need to address.

Edited by Supremo

17 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Let’s just hope another show on national TV doesn’t mean even longer matches now that they haven’t got to squeeze everything into two hours. They could do far worse than to fill the extra time with all the great recap and montage videos they put online.

Definitely this. I'm hesitant over a second show, to be honest - a one-hour recap show would be preferable, mixing match highlights and 'Road to...' stuff. That stuff needs to be on TV.

4 minutes ago, iMPACt! said:

The article touts reaching 32 million viewers over all platforms. What does that mean/how is that calculated?

If you add up all their streams/views/ratings since they started it’s probably about that in total. It can’t be anywhere near that many individuals watching, but a total number since they started sounds reasonable 

Observer reporting $45 million a year deal, with TNT having an option to renew in 2024 at a "significantly increased price." No word on whether they are still getting a cut of the ad revenue. Even without it, you'd have to assume they can produce the TV for well under that money, so they're pretty much in guaranteed profit even before any ticket sales and PPV profits.

41 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Observer reporting $45 million a year deal, with TNT having an option to renew in 2024 at a "significantly increased price." No word on whether they are still getting a cut of the ad revenue. Even without it, you'd have to assume they can produce the TV for well under that money, so they're pretty much in guaranteed profit even before any ticket sales and PPV profits.

That’s  kind of what Fox were  saying about the Smackdown deal. That a regular show’s season of 20ish episodes a lot costs more then the cost of 52 weeks of Smackdown. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

Huh, weird seeing no one talking about last night's show. I think interest has plummeted a bit seeing as a lot of folk, myself included, would make the time to watch in the morning (or live, if you're insane). I haven't watched the show as I'm still a tad trepidatious but I might jump back in next week as this show sounded pretty solid with the exception of Brandi Rhodes wrestling on actual television.  

Also, somebody fiddled with audio levels and found out who the secret leader of the Dark Order is;

Can this promotion get any more TNA? Bringing back Raven and having their disguised spoiler unraveled instantly by armchair audiophiles? Christ.

Edited by Accident Prone