The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Observer reporting $45 million a year deal, with TNT having an option to renew in 2024 at a "significantly increased price." No word on whether they are still getting a cut of the ad revenue. Even without it, you'd have to assume they can produce the TV for well under that money, so they're pretty much in guaranteed profit even before any ticket sales and PPV profits.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, JNLister said:

Observer reporting $45 million a year deal, with TNT having an option to renew in 2024 at a "significantly increased price." No word on whether they are still getting a cut of the ad revenue. Even without it, you'd have to assume they can produce the TV for well under that money, so they're pretty much in guaranteed profit even before any ticket sales and PPV profits.

That’s  kind of what Fox were  saying about the Smackdown deal. That a regular show’s season of 20ish episodes a lot costs more then the cost of 52 weeks of Smackdown. 

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

Huh, weird seeing no one talking about last night's show. I think interest has plummeted a bit seeing as a lot of folk, myself included, would make the time to watch in the morning (or live, if you're insane). I haven't watched the show as I'm still a tad trepidatious but I might jump back in next week as this show sounded pretty solid with the exception of Brandi Rhodes wrestling on actual television.  

Also, somebody fiddled with audio levels and found out who the secret leader of the Dark Order is;

Can this promotion get any more TNA? Bringing back Raven and having their disguised spoiler unraveled instantly by armchair audiophiles? Christ.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

I'm in the habit of watching it on Thursday evenings. A couple of years ago, Wrestlemania becoming roughly 3 days long finally killed off my interest in watching anything live late-night. It's become so easy to watch things on-demand that I rarely watch anything live these days.

For all the good on the show I just can't get over them hiring Dr Luther and putting him on national TV in 2020, even at his hight in FMW he was someone I never cared to watch.  Absolute shitehawk.

Darby vs Pac was great, liked the Mox angle and Page had nailed those lost puppy dog looks if that's what he's going for.. I'm fine with the Dark Order leader, he's someone who can talk well but I hope he has a stylist that makes him not look like a sack of shit.

I’m probably going to get accused of hating on AEW for the sake of it, but the only positive thing I have to say about last night’s utterly tedious show is that it’s nice to hear them use the word ‘hospital’ rather than ‘local medical facility’

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I’m probably going to get accused of hating on AEW for the sake of it, but the only positive thing I have to say about last night’s utterly tedious show is that it’s nice to hear them use the word ‘hospital’ rather than ‘local medical facility’

The started saying "local medical facility" to avoid the poor bastards at the local hospital dealing with loony wrestling fans. Very noble.