iMPACt! Posted January 15, 2020 Posted January 15, 2020 Ah right. Totally exaggerated then as it sounds like they are talking about individual viewers
Members SuperBacon Posted January 15, 2020 Members Posted January 15, 2020 Exaggerated numbers in wrestling. Shocking.
Paid Members JNLister Posted January 15, 2020 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2020 Observer reporting $45 million a year deal, with TNT having an option to renew in 2024 at a "significantly increased price." No word on whether they are still getting a cut of the ad revenue. Even without it, you'd have to assume they can produce the TV for well under that money, so they're pretty much in guaranteed profit even before any ticket sales and PPV profits.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 15, 2020 Paid Members Posted January 15, 2020 (edited) 41 minutes ago, JNLister said: Observer reporting $45 million a year deal, with TNT having an option to renew in 2024 at a "significantly increased price." No word on whether they are still getting a cut of the ad revenue. Even without it, you'd have to assume they can produce the TV for well under that money, so they're pretty much in guaranteed profit even before any ticket sales and PPV profits. That’s kind of what Fox were saying about the Smackdown deal. That a regular show’s season of 20ish episodes a lot costs more then the cost of 52 weeks of Smackdown. Edited January 15, 2020 by Hannibal Scorch
Love-Wilcox Posted January 15, 2020 Posted January 15, 2020 So is AEW a success yet? Or do we have to wait three years to see if their deal is renewed?
Paid Members Accident Prone Posted January 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2020 (edited) Huh, weird seeing no one talking about last night's show. I think interest has plummeted a bit seeing as a lot of folk, myself included, would make the time to watch in the morning (or live, if you're insane). I haven't watched the show as I'm still a tad trepidatious but I might jump back in next week as this show sounded pretty solid with the exception of Brandi Rhodes wrestling on actual television. Also, somebody fiddled with audio levels and found out who the secret leader of the Dark Order is; Can this promotion get any more TNA? Bringing back Raven and having their disguised spoiler unraveled instantly by armchair audiophiles? Christ. Edited January 16, 2020 by Accident Prone
Paid Members garynysmon Posted January 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2020 I'm happy to wait for the Friday night showing on ITV4 every week tbh.
Paid Members Chris B Posted January 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2020 I'm in the habit of watching it on Thursday evenings. A couple of years ago, Wrestlemania becoming roughly 3 days long finally killed off my interest in watching anything live late-night. It's become so easy to watch things on-demand that I rarely watch anything live these days.
DavidB6937 Posted January 16, 2020 Posted January 16, 2020 There's plenty of things I'm enjoying on the weekly show but nothing I'm feeling is must see to the point where I'm avoiding spoilers or rushing to watch it. Personally I still care more about what's happening on NXT so I still prioritise watching that first.
Merzbow Posted January 16, 2020 Posted January 16, 2020 For all the good on the show I just can't get over them hiring Dr Luther and putting him on national TV in 2020, even at his hight in FMW he was someone I never cared to watch. Absolute shitehawk. Darby vs Pac was great, liked the Mox angle and Page had nailed those lost puppy dog looks if that's what he's going for.. I'm fine with the Dark Order leader, he's someone who can talk well but I hope he has a stylist that makes him not look like a sack of shit.
Paid Members IANdrewDiceClay Posted January 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2020 Just now, Merzbow said: he's someone who can talk well but I hope he has a stylist that makes him not look like a sack of shit. He'll use the same one that makes Jericho look good on TV. Oh.
RedRooster Posted January 16, 2020 Posted January 16, 2020 I’m probably going to get accused of hating on AEW for the sake of it, but the only positive thing I have to say about last night’s utterly tedious show is that it’s nice to hear them use the word ‘hospital’ rather than ‘local medical facility’
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted January 16, 2020 Paid Members Posted January 16, 2020 20 minutes ago, RedRooster said: I’m probably going to get accused of hating on AEW for the sake of it, but the only positive thing I have to say about last night’s utterly tedious show is that it’s nice to hear them use the word ‘hospital’ rather than ‘local medical facility’ The started saying "local medical facility" to avoid the poor bastards at the local hospital dealing with loony wrestling fans. Very noble.
Recommended Posts