The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Not seen this weeks yet but I liked how Jericho referenced three factions all recruiting last week. Again, it's something that could be addressed easily enough by saying that all three groups are trying to build a strong position in the early days of the company to establish dominance, that would at least give some reasoning. Without any explanation it just looks like lazy writing.

31 minutes ago, cobra_gordo said:

Not seen this weeks yet but I liked how Jericho referenced three factions all recruiting last week. Again, it's something that could be addressed easily enough by saying that all three groups are trying to build a strong position in the early days of the company to establish dominance, that would at least give some reasoning. Without any explanation it just looks like lazy writing.

To be honest that's how I took it anyway, just common sense, why wouldn't all these factions want to keep recruiting? 

I'm not sure everything needs explaining down to the finest detail.

22 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Nice tease on Dark this week (only 33 minutes long) when Daniels stalled hitting his moonsault because of the recent botches.Just doubting his ability. Though it was a nice call back.

Interesting news about why Dark was so short this week, they had a tag match with Billy Gunn teaming with his son Austin against Shawn Spears and some random guy called Preston Vance, (originally it was to be against Proud and Powerful), that many thought was taped for the show but turns out it was a true ‘dark’ match intended as a tryout for Austin which seems to have gone well

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Interesting news about why Dark was so short this week, they had a tag match with Billy Gunn teaming with his son Austin against Shawn Spears and some random guy called Preston Vance, (originally it was to be against Proud and Powerful), that many thought was taped for the show but turns out it was a true ‘dark’ match intended as a tryout for Austin which seems to have gone well

Yes. It may air on the next dark, but they have now announced Austin Gunn has been signed.

• Paid Members

It's a bit shallow but as soon as I saw Moxley in his fucking coat, I hated that. The segment was naff. I've no problem with predictable if it's good but this just wasn't. Wasn't as cool as that time Batista did it, didn't have the crowd baying for it and just felt so completely obvious.

The whole stable thing is annoying. They clearly have a hard on for the stable wars/attitude era and that's fine, there hasn't been a great stable in WWE for years and their insistance on 3-man groups is shit. There is an opportunity there to be different (to WWE) and potentially create some fun down the line when the groups interact. It's all a bit half arsed though. You've got the Elite who aren't really a stable but sort of are, you've got the Inner Circle who are the good one but are being watered down by the mess around them, then the Dark Order who would be fine as a low-card act if they kept them in their place and didn't run the same angle three times on one night. Then you've got whatever the fuck they're doing with Brandi. Which just makes no sense when her husband is the biggest babyface on the roster and is too much like the Dark Order in conception. Does MJF have a stable? I can't even work that out. If he does, DDP fucking killed them in one night.

It's just a lack of quality control. It's like Jericho is doing his thing, Brandi is doing her thing, someone else is coming up with the Dark Order and Kenny and the Bucks are playing at whatever they're doing.

A shame because last week showed how good this show can be. Wasn't all bad, Lucha Express were fun, Cody and Dustin teaming was fun, Sammy winning again was great for him, the dissension between Kenny and Page was a bit on the nose but still continued nicely. Lots good but probably say mostly bad this week.

Edited by tiger_rick

The crowd seemed absolutely dead or the first couple of matches.

Dr Luther, fucking hell. He can’t have had any more than 30 matches in the last 20 years. Got absolutely no reaction either.

What an absolute wet fart of a finish to that Daniels/Guevara match. Also, Pentagon does an on-ramp distraction promo, fucks off so that Player Uno can come out and do...an on-ramp distraction promo. Then Pentagons out again in the next segment for his match. It’s thing like that which are so frustrating with the show. That and having to get MJF to do his countdown because they weren’t on the fucking air!

“An argument could be made for the Lucha Bros being the best Tag Team in the world” - well they’ve lost twice this year already, and have now lost more than they’ve won, so where’s the argument?

Butcher & Blade stood there while MJF finished his promo then the pair of them got beat up a 63 year old man by himself. They’re fucking done

Bryan Alvarez trying to get some sense out of Meltzer (I know, I know) regarding the PAC attacks Nakazawa angle

If Michael Nakazawa is Kenny Omega’s best mate, why isn’t he teaming with him?