-
Posts
7,546 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by DavidB6937
-
It was when my daughters asked if they could play it recently that both excited me and absolutely traumatised me because I remember playing it when one was small and my wife was pregnant with the other!
-
Haven't watched it but saw a clip of Corey giving a tribute to PAC on commentary so at least that was a very small something I guess.
-
So much of it should be easy to do - let people go out there, be themselves, say and do what they feel comfortable with and that's how it all comes across so genuine and sincere in an industry where that's often hard to find. Sometimes it's the overthinking and the overcomplicating that leads to things getting messy. Nature of the human condition and grief in general really. I think one of the toughest things in these scenarios is putting together one of those tribute videos. I can't imagine the pressure in getting that right and trying to choose what to put in and the music etc. They absolutely fucking nailed that though.
-
After 2 hours of crying over the PAC tribute, this is exactly the kind of shit I needed.
-
Another one glad to be working from home because I'm a fucking wreck. Just a perfect show. No notes. Exactly what he deserved. Full of love and wrestling just like his life.
-
And that's exactly how it should be. People can be sad but still want to celebrate his life and who he was and pay tribute to him in any way they can. And he absolutely bloody loved wrestling so putting on a good show and letting people remember him in that way feels like such a right thing to do.
-
I doubt it was deliberately. Just different perspectives.
-
I think if you can't see why it's a shitty thing at this point then that's on you.
-
So of all the days and all the times to schedule something, you don't see something a little bit off with the fact that they've (a) put it on against AEW in the local area and (b) then put it against AEW on streaming? I see your point regarding people being able to choose whatever whenever now but that ignores the intention. The intention is to fuck with AEW. To put a dent in their sales and their viewership. I'm pretty sure you can see that whether people have a choice of viewing on Wednesday or not.
- 58 replies
-
- 10
-
-
Nice to see the Rock taking the time to do a tribute too. Didnt have to. Even mentioned AEW which I thought was pretty classy considering how fucking weird some of these people can be in WWE land about that shit. Good for him.
- 122 replies
-
- 11
-
-
One thing I think we can all agree on - grief takes different forms for everyone. Cry. Don't cry. Rant. Don't rant. Watch matches. Listen to music. Anything. Absolutely none of it needs an apology. It's not too little. It's not too much. Just do what feels right to you.
- 122 replies
-
- 16
-
-
The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...
DavidB6937 replied to The King of Old School's topic in UK Fan Forum
Well hopefully she'll get arrested now. -
The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...
DavidB6937 replied to The King of Old School's topic in UK Fan Forum
How dare they use Jaida to get me interested in the never ending Bloodline saga. They're full of dirty tricks. -
It's just one of those things you wake up the next day and hope isn't real isn't it? But the outpouring of upset and shock and love and respect hasn't stopped. Eddie's IG tribute was a beautiful but difficult watch. He's just such a raw and emotional guy, you can't help but feel every word he says. I mean it's the exact reason so many of us love the guy and want him to succeed but god you can't help but be worried for the guy too. It's a lot. I love that the tributes and stories keep coming. Whether it's the simple dedication and the armbands on Raw or his friends sharing stories on socials, he's just a guy who had a tremendous impact all over the world to so many people. Easy to take for granted when you've got someone like that in your life, but it sounds like he had a lot of love given back to him too. So I hope he knew.
-
I'm curious as to what the overall benefit is to a media company by selling out to someone like WWE. Is it not incredibly limiting for them? Or are the "exclusives" worth it enough that they don't care about the wider coverage anymore?
-
I find it a bit uncomfortable when people start following socials of companies and other people to see who posts when about someone dying. It's not a race. There's no right or wrong way of dealing with something like that. There's more important things in the grand scheme of things than who posted what when on socials. If nothing pops up from WWE today and they don't bother mentioning it on RAW then fair enough have a pop then because they've had plenty of opportunity by that point. But some are like "oh Sami hasn't posted yet" or "oh Finn hasn't posted yet" and it's just like fuck off. A man has died. People are all taking it in their own ways and don't owe anyone anything.
- 122 replies
-
- 25
-
-
I know it's been mentioned a few times but the fact he was able to wrestle his style as a heel is something so rare. I can't think of many guys that have been able to convincingly pull off a heel persona while doing moves like PAC did. Obviously he mixed them in with more grounded stuff and brought the intensity which helped, as well as a willingness to commit to the character as well. He just had a real understanding of what he was looking to do that so many could only dream of.
-
Genuinely thought I was still asleep when it popped up first on my feed this morning. Had to do a double take and then came the tributes and the Lance video and the Marina video and it was all too much. Just awful, especially some of them finding out the way they did. I mean I know life has no logic other than it ends but fuck me it's a complete cunt sometimes. None of this is eloquent but it's honest. One of the guys I'd seen from local events all the way up to the top and it'd always make you smile seeing him mix it up with the big guys knowing where he came from. Same sort of pride you got from Regal just going and doing what he did and being loved and accepted for that. In many ways also completely underappreciated because he made everything look so natural and easy every time he was in the ring despite so much of his shit being really fucking difficult. As many others have said and will say - never heard a bad word about the guy and much like Andy that's a really rare thing. It's just shit. Really really shit. An incredibly tough time in the industry recently and I hope everyone gets the support they need. Despite there being no guarantees of tomorrow, it's still so jarring seeing someone go out one day doing what they love best and not being there the next. Fucking awful.
-
Jeez there's low and there's low. That's genuinely terrible.
-
Gutted that they've accidentally managed to schedule it against another AEW show.
-
It's a shame they can't bring Matt Cardona in as the new leader so they can be the Death Ryders. Or maybe Myles Borne so they can be the.. no, I can't do it. I'm just bored of it all now. Make it stop.
-
Agreed - if that's going to keep happening then there's no way you should have to put up with that.
-
Yeah, I really like the fact that they've managed to reinvent it over the years without losing too much of what made it good in the first place. They've mostly made smart decisions, although some of them were pretty much forced on them with cast leaving etc. As with anything, you're not going in expecting the best at series 15 but there's just enough to keep you invested. Only watched 2 episodes of the latest series so far and they're utterly ridiculous but there's an odd charm about it.
-
I actually enjoy stuff like that. Didn't know about Catherine Tate originally etc. The show's had a lot of ups and downs, pretty miraculous it's still on air now really.
-
Send it in pennies the stupid git.
