The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

22 hours ago, cobra_gordo said:

Has anybody ever done a points based league in wrestling? Three for a win, 1 for a draw, thatĀ sort of thing?Ā There was the Bound For Glory series a few years back but that's the only one that springs to mind. I think it was week one or two of Dynamite there was this ace graphic that showed where everybody ranked that I thought was really cool. I like the idea of JR saying mid-show "Tony, what does that win do for Janella in the table" or whatever and gives a visual idea of who sits where, who is next in line for a title shot and whatnot. It's a plot deviceĀ that thy can bring in or remove as and when they can be arsed without having a win-loss recordĀ plastered all over the screen showing howĀ much everyone loses.Ā Or it could be shit. And to stop Dem from counting up and saying "Suchandsuch is actually in forth but the table says they're third" you count house shows, Dark, any old shite to manipulate the table to suit the booking.

Along with a few mates I launched a show on Amazon Prime called Underworld Wrestling with a points base system.

1 point for a pinfall or countout, 2 for a submission or KO.Ā 

If you accumulate enough points you trade them in for a championship match.

Had pros and cons but generally worked ok. Takes serious long term planning and a mid series injury really through a spanner into the works.

19 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Some people are moaning that the Juggalo dude that jumps into shit is on Being The Elite, ignoring that the womans champ looks like a total loser later on.

I didn't think she looked like a loser at all. She looked completely non plussed and confused by Penelope Ford acting a doucheĀ to her and trying to give it the big un.

Not sure how that would make her look a loser as opposed to Ford?

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed the 'Road to Memphis' special. The music video for the Rhodes Bros and Lucha Bros was simple but effective. And the stuff with Jurassic Express was great. The simplicity of the 'boy and his dinosaur' bit was always fun, but the explanation of the thinking behind the characters was lovely. And it's made me like Marko Stunt more than I was expecting to. Loving that group.Ā 

• Paid Members

Brandi Rhodes has worse go-away heat than anyone in the business. EvenĀ Baron Corbin feels like an effective heel compared to her. Also absolutely hated how Dean Ambrose-y Mox felt in that main event segment.

After such a great show last week, this felt like a massive step backwards again. Three factions doing the same recruitment storyline on a two hour show. Fuck me.Ā