The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Maybe it's because of that shirt. Maybe it's because of the whiskey. But I'd love for Adam Page to morph into AEW's version of Kenny Powers. Shame the lad ain't got the chops for it.

Edited by The Maestro
Dolla dollar bill's y'all

• Paid Members

With DDP wrestling soon, Dr Luther on this show, and all the old Memphis lads showing up, I just want them to lean fully into booking like one of my EWR games five years in and give me the Dr Luther Vs Jimmy Valiant in 2020 match of my dreams.

On 1/9/2020 at 10:39 AM, Bohan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Over in NWA Strictly Business managed to recruit Scott Steiner that's the recruiting war of 2020 done right there!  All these other factions should just give up now!

It’s probably a bit late now, but could you put an NWA spoiler tag OUTSIDE of the spoiler box? I’ve not had time to watch this yet, and the last thing you expect to find in an AEW thread is spoilers for NWA Powerrr. 

As for Dynamite, I was worried the show would be shitty when they advertised Dark Order, Statlander and the Nightmare Collective for the same show, and it was. Impressively though, they manage to carry over the stink in to most of the other segments.

Edited by RedRooster

Amateur hour with their time management again. Closing angle would’ve come across so much better if it didn’t drag so much.

How long before we start getting negative chants from the AEW faithful? I don’t see how else this Brandi nonsense will stop. Only a matter of time before this shit starts eating in to Cody’s reactions too.

DDP needs to to get taken out or fuck off. 

On the positive side, it finally feels like some of the young guys are heating up with Sammy G and The Hangman doing fun character stuff.

• Paid Members

Sammy Guevara was the one saving grace during that awkward, badly timed closing angle. He’s such a fantastic little prick. He does everything perfectly. I don’t think anyone has ever taken Dirty Deeds better, either. Looked like Mox straight up murdered him.

• Awards Moderator

NO. 👏 ONE. 👏 SHOULD. 👏 SELL. 👏 FOR. 👏 MARKO. 👏 STUNT. 👏 EVER. 👏

This will continue to irrationally annoy me until the rest of the AEW roster realise how awful they make themselves look. I thought Trent had it in the early stages of that match, but no. No he did not.

Other than that and the closing segment which I ended up muting and watching in the background as soon as Moxley revealed the Inner Circle t-shirt, I enjoyed that episode. It felt like every match moved a character, an angle or a feud forward and even if the way they did it was repetitive, you can see things moving forward and building.

Page and Omega is definitely leading to something and this week continued that.

PAC wants Omega and will be a bastard until he gets him.

Christopher Daniels isn't sure if he has it anymore. The Dark Order's after him, Pentagon's not done with him.

Cody and MJF are going to end up against each other and they're building up layers.

Jungle Boy got a win.

Even if the closing segment was the most predictable thing they've done to date, Moxley and Jericho is definitely going to happen sooner rather than later.

Oh, and the Women's title match was a pile of shite as well. Why did none of that interference result in a DQ? Riho at least did a better job at using her lack of size than Marko, but the finish (I saw it as her going 'might as well' to accepting Brandi's help) made her feel way more heelish than she ever should be. 

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

For some reason it's not turned up on my virgin media catchup service yet. I've been trying to watch it all weekend.

ITV don't give a shit do they?

Last time I checked they hadn't even updated their Twitter account since December. Really surprised at how hands-off they've been with it really, especially when social media is a pretty big thing for the target audience.

I know AEW isn't high on their priority list but they could at least try.

I quite like Excalibur's excited voice (which is probably 98% of everything he says), though him saying Chris Daniels was having a "crisis of conscience" re: ability to do the moonsault annoyed me more than it should have. Unless he's suddenly concerned about stealing moves.

Do they start every week with a 20-25 minute match with tons of near falls? I know they're workrate pervs but it felt like it unbalanced the show this week. I get that they want to be "not WWE" and start the show with a match rather than a promo segment, but I'd rather see a crisper 10-12 minute match. If it's a match that needs more time, don't put it first. It's the TV equivalent of WWE PPV match order being all over the place.

The end segment was sloppy and too long, and it's not like there was a great build up for Moxley's eventual reveal. Also they should have worked on their champagne spraying technique beforehand. Huge swathes of the "celebration" looked like a bunch of lads desperately tugging the shaft hoping for a 2nd erection to no avail.