Jump to content

BomberPat

Paid Members
  • Posts

    6,472
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BomberPat

  1. The thing that really annoys me about this is that it's a taped show. There's every possibility they air it "as live", and viewers who don't realise that it was taped on Saturday will see friends and former colleagues of Pac working a show that runs opposite his tribute show, without paying tribute in any way themselves. It risks making those people look complicit or uncaring through no fault of their own. It should, at the very least, air with a disclaimer
  2. I worry about Eddie Kingston too; I think he's in a better place than he has been in the past, but it's still a rough time for someone who struggles as he does. I remember when Larry Sweeney died, it was the strength of King's tributes to him that made me a fan, and people around CHIKARA at the time would talk partly but not entirely in kayfabe about how Eddie only really had a handful of friends in the business, and Larry was one. From there to lose Brodie Lee, Jay Briscoe, Butcher, and now PAC, obviously it's horrible for everyone involved but Eddie Kingston, Bryce Remsburg and Excalibur are the people who always come to mind first for me - Eddie because of how much he wears his heart on his sleeve, Bryce for similar reasons and because he always posts really heartfelt messages remembering friends he's lost, and Excalibur just for having the job of trying to communicate to an audience not just the fact that they've lost someone, but trying to convey the love a locker room had for that person, and how he's had to do that far too often for a young company.
  3. Mighty Sparrow, aged 91 earlier this week. Legendary Trinidadian calypso singer. I discovered him from Eliza Carthy's cover of Mister Walker, and her at a live show explaining who he was and show she came to his music, but well worth digging into in general, there's some real gems in the back catalogue, from a genre I always want to know more of and rarely know where to start.
  4. Aside from the insistence that he work a twenty minute Triple H match (the same problem they hit with Goldberg - almost makes me think Triple H was making up for missing out on the Invasion by finding time to bury WCW talent after the fact), the main thing I remember is that for the rematch at No Way Out Scott Steiner was wearing tights with stars and stripes on them. The show was in fucking Montreal, Scotty!
  5. This is something I was singing his praises for just yesterday, which makes this whole situation feel so much more surreal. The way modern wrestling works, a high-flyer is kind of inherently a babyface thing to be - it's fast-paced, it's death-defying, it's exciting, all things designed to pop an audience. A lesser wrestler would have seen the way to get himself over as a heel would be to just cut all that stuff out, don't give the fans anything to be impressed by, and get back to basics. What PAC was better than anyone I think I've ever seen at was working heel without diminishing his athleticism in that way; the way he was able to get a move as mind-blowing as the Black Arrow over not as an impressively flippy acrobatic display, but as a really targeted, offensive attack. It's so rare that the focus on a top rope move is what it does rather than how it looks. And it wasn't just the Black Arrow - even at All Out, he was doing all the usual flips and handsprings and roll-throughs, but because he does them so slow and deliberately, it's still heel work, there's still intensity to it. Even when he does speed up, it never feels like he's upping the pace of the match to make things feel more exciting, it feels like "oh fuck, here he comes", because you know that whatever he does at the end of it is going to look brutal. A guy who does flips and dives and acrobatics shouldn't work as a "Death Riders", but it's a testament to him that he was arguably the most convincing and the most terrifying of the lot of them. And I've just realised how much of that I was still writing in present tense about him. Fuck.
  6. I hadn't even thought about this but, no, it doesn't look like it. Nothing on their website or any of their social media.
  7. I used to live on quite a large estate, where there were multiple blocks of flats, both called something Gardens. The buildings had pretty clear signage, but at least once a week something would be delivered to our number but the wrong building, or vice-versa. Or you'd be told something was left "with a neighbour", and it was basically a complete write-off because it could mean fucking anywhere. Amazon were the worst, because of the insane thing where if something is marked as delivered when it isn't, they won't let you file a complaint for 48 hours in case it shows up. Well was it fucking delivered or wasn't it, then? They'd always explain that the tracking was updated prematurely or some bollocks like that, and never have an answer for, "then why was it specifically updated to say that it was handed to a resident, or signed for? Why was it marked as delivered, and then when I went downstairs to check I could literally see the van driving away?".
  8. it feels weird to be talking about this show after the news about PAC. I thought it was that weird AEW phenomenon of being generally really good, but totally inessential. Nothing that happened on this show felt like it has any long-term impact or will matter all that much by the end of the year. PAC vs. Andrade was fantastic, the Trios match was great fun, and Okada vs. Ciampa managed to be absolutely brilliant in spite of being set up to fail by being absurdly presented as a dream match. Top end of the card I thought was a slog. The Ladder match had its moments, but there was very little to it that won't just blur into every other big ladder match spot of the last few years. I largely hated the main event. The Death Riders/Ospreay storyline is so bogged down with ideas never explored to fruition and "tell don't show" bullshit that the dynamic is a mess, no part of the story felt like it was satisfactorily concluded, and "Will Ospreay beats the guy who broke his neck" was barely even a factor in the story they were telling, which is just a complete failure in my eyes. I love an overbooked schmozz, and it was too overbooked for my tastes, just far too busy for far too little reward. What's more frustrating is that it's a Champion vs. Champion match, and because of the mess of the story, that just didn't matter. That should be an exceptional main event, but AEW do them so often it's just a non-factor. There was one line in a promo about how Mox wouldn't have the advantage because there wasn't a 20 minute time limit, but Mox has already had two title defences this year where they got rid of the 20 minute time limit for Continental rules anyway! Moxley has had the Continental Title since December 2025, he won a tournament to win it, he won another tournament to defend it, he's presumably going into a third tournament to defend it again in November, he's beaten all-comers in that time - I don't know who it helps to have him lose to a different champion. Maybe if the story was that he's going to lose in the C2 because losing to Will has knocked his confidence, but that explicitly wasn't the story they told - they went with "Moxley accepts his fate". And to make matters worse, Ospreay's next challenger is Okada, and he has Andrade waiting in the wings - they're having the World Champion beat every other singles champion, and that's not even the storyline. The Steve Borden stuff is such a bad luck moment. He shouldn't have been doing it this early in his career, and the blame sits with the agent, but there's also a reputational thing with Darby Allin - I think Darby is likely smart and self-aware enough to not be asking other people to do the kind of big stunts he does, but the moment you make it explicit that the daredevil who doesn't care about his own safety is the mentor to the green young rookie, every time that rookie takes a risk there's going to be a spotlight on Darby. My gut instinct is that it's probably a spot they ran through in training a dozen times, nailed it every time, and then it just went wrong on the night because even when you think you've got it nailed, you haven't factored in the impact of the adrenaline of working in front of a crowd, the fatigue of doing it deep into a match, the ropes being looser or damper than you expect, all these other factors.
  9. I've had a running joke with my partner and some friends in the wrestling business about how the difference between Pac and Ben is that Ben wears so many clothes. Pac is always in trunks, but when you see Ben backstage, he's in a shirt, fleece, hoodie, hat, glasses, halfway to looking like Joey wearing all of Chandler's clothes. I was absolutely stunned hearing the news this morning. I can't really say anything that hasn't been said; just an incredible talent, and a great bloke who knew his worth, knew his credibility, and did as much as he could to help others and leave wrestling better than he found it. I wrote a lot after All In about how a lot of younger wrestlers and fans don't realise how the idea of making it from a tiny UK independent to headlining a stadium show was unthinkable not that long ago, and honestly I don't think that happens without Pac opening as many doors as he did twenty years ago. Apparently AEW wrestlers found out the news while they were at Andy Williams' celebration of life. Just a devastating thought.
  10. The PPV replay wasn't available on Prime this morning either, when it normally is up pretty much straight away. I assume they have either edited the show, or at least were considering doing so, so the PPV replay isn't/wasn't front and centre until they were sure what they were dealing with.
  11. as I've said, I've given up on predicting the end of or any meaningful change to the Death Riders - but surely they're not planning on having Jon Moxley win another Continental Classic, having won the last one, and the Continental Cup? Surely they do something there? Maybe they do some kind of Death Riders derby there, with one of the others upsetting him to kick things off. He wrestled Claudio in the Cup, and in the Classic last year, maybe they decide third time's a charm and have Mox lose this time around? Or maybe the Death Riders just persist forever.
  12. I don't think you've missed anything. AEW is generally pretty fluid with the heel/face dynamics, but taking Ciampa from violent unhinged heel to de facto babyface is one of the odder moves.
  13. I grew up with breakfast, dinner and tea. The posher families I knew might say "supper". Not long after we moved to Jersey, I was round a mate's house for the day, and as evening started drawing in, some of the other kids there started to talk about how they would have to call their parents to get picked up. I said, "oh yeah, I hadn't even told my parents I'd be having dinner here", and someone asked, "are you?". And I was so confused - we had already had dinner, but they were talking about it as something in the future tense. That's when I realised that there were people who called the midday meal "dinner". So these days I tend to be breakfast, lunch, tea. I could easily adapt to lunch as the midday meal, but I'd never be comfortable calling the evening meal "dinner". The boring etymology part of it all is that "dinner" historically meant the largest meal of the day, rather than a meal at a specific time; if you worked on a farm, you'd be getting up at first light to make the most of the daylight, so you'd need something big to eat by midday. Chances are you lived on or close to the land you were working on, so you could return home for a big cooked dinner. But historically if you've got a middle class job, chances are you live further away from your work, so you grab a small lunch during the day, and the big cooked dinner is pushed back to the evening when you get home. "Lunch" becomes more widespread as industrialisation means more people are working further from their home, and having to grab food on the go, and "lunch" becomes something more related to work - so even if you call the meal dinner, you'd still take a lunch break rather than a dinner break.
  14. the problem with the idea of Kidd leading the Death Riders is that - and I hate this - he's also still in The Dogs. I think there is a story to be told of Gabe Kidd being willing to go further than the Death Riders, though I don't believe Gabe Kidd has the ability to tell that story well. Any splintering of the Death Riders I think has to come down to their weird dual identity; on one hand, Moxley is all about the sanctity of professional wrestling as a sport, and forcing everyone else to take it seriously and up their game, while on the other hand they're breaking people's necks, suffocating people with plastic bags, and generally being horrible cunts. One thing I've always disliked about them is how AEW can't make their mind up whether we're supposed to believe Mox when he's talking about the former, if he keeps doing the latter - they could almost manage to resolve all of that if it becomes the sticking point they break up over. I think the Death Riders should splinter into two groups; one loosely aligned, where the focus is on serious wrestling, and another that is chiefly made up of horrible shits who far more interested in just having an excuse to hurt people. I'd say have Yuta as the centrepiece of the second group, but he seems to have taken way more of a backseat since Gabe Kidd was in the mix, which is a shame, as he's the perfect little creep to step up into a kind of Kylo Ren role of trying to act up to his hero worship of the old big bad, and learning all the wrong lessons from it.
  15. BomberPat

    Work

    I was concerned about that, and the tone of the Teams chat never really goes beyond "this is what he wants, and this is the background", a few people saying "well he's never going to get it" or "surely taking a university to court will cost him more than that?", with the worst of it being laugh reacts. I don't think we've said anything that would insult or denigrate him. I also suspect he wouldn't know how to do an FOI request in the first place. I have a call with Legal to talk through it this morning. This one expense claim for less than forty quid has ended up costing me half my time this week!
  16. I gave up predicting a Death Riders split a long time ago. They didn't split when Moxley lost the title, they didn't split when Moxley kept tapping out, they didn't split when Moxley lost to Darby Allin, they didn't split over Ospreay, and I'm sure I'm missing half a dozen other potential catalysts in there too. I don't know what to expect from Ospreay/Moxley. The other week, Will told Mox that he had the advantage because he had him for 60 minutes, not 20. That makes me dread that they're at least considering having it go the distance. Everybody knows I've found the whole Ospreay/Death Riders storyline a complete waste of time, so I would hope that All Out is the end of it, but how slow and lacklustre the build has been makes it feel like they're holding something back for a rematch, and that they're going to gimmick that up as a Lights Out or a Street Fight or something. The schedule of big shows for the next couple of months is bonkers, so they could easily burn through a Death Riders/Ospreay multi-match series before the end of the year. Grand Slam France is in a couple of weeks; I can see them running Ospreay vs. Gabe Kidd there. I'm not sure why else Gabe Kidd would have been such a ridiculously big part of the build for a match he isn't in. Less than two weeks after that is Wrestledream - a year on from Moxley losing to Darby Allin - and maybe they do Ospreay vs. Moxley in a rematch there, or a United Empire/Death Riders tag. Start of November is Blood & Guts, and I can't see that being anything but Death Riders vs. United Empire, and I think AEW and Ospreay in particular are really into symmetry and repetition in how they present wrestling, so I think they will have a callback there to Ospreay being trapped in a cage with the Death Riders and having his neck broken - either they try and do it again but Will is able to fight back, or Will has the opportunity to do the same to Moxley. 10 days after that is Full Gear, and by then they could be up to the third Ospreay/Moxley match in this series, so maybe blow it off there with the big gimmick match. That leaves World's End for a fresh start, challenger-wise, and then build up a big match for Ospreay in Liverpool in February. The Continental Classic starts on the Dynamite after Full Gear, so having Moxley/Ospreay all wrapped up before that starts gives Moxley a clean run at the tournament. The only wrinkle in all of this is that, when writing it out, I pictured Steve Borden getting the last babyface spot in Blood & Guts, coming in and doing a mad vertical leap from one ring into the other, and now I say sod Will Ospreay and the Death Riders and book whatever gets us to that.
  17. I'm also hoping it's not accidental, particularly coming not long off the back of Cage and Cope basically cheating to beat the Young Bucks. Difference is, I'm not convinced Cage & Cope come out of All Out as tag champs, I assume the belts are getting shifted on to one of the other two teams - the Young Bucks have the history with Sting, and FTR are a great team to work with a rookie like STEVE, and I just don't see how much more mileage there is in Cope and Cage as champions. At some point you would think they'd be shuffling the decks to get to Young Bucks vs. New Level - I would prefer Omega & The Bucks vs. New Level & Swerve for the Trios belts, but it's AEW, so you can't rule out them getting both sets of belts on one team. Something I do like in the Moxley/Ospreay build is Excalibur and Moxley both talking up how Mox was wrestling Dezmond Xavier because he's testing himself against high-flyers to prepare for Ospreay. That's the sort of wrestling storytelling I love, and really gets into the weeds of different approaches to wrestling being things you have to train and prepare for, love it. But it feels like the build you'd do to these two meeting for the first time as big stars with no history, not Ospreay and Moxley now. Watched Collision now - I thought Steve Borden looked incredibly awkward and nervous, shuffling on his feet, and didn't know where to look. But he still looked like an absolutely gorgeous megastar. Strike while the iron's hot and push him as far as he will go. Three matches in? Who gives a fuck! Give him the world. I agree that Ace Austin vs. PAC was brilliant match-making. Ace Austin is the kind of wrestler who does something I've never seen before in every match, which on paper is what I want, but in practice can be kind of exhausting and makes things feel a bit too choreographed; I've often said that he'd be brilliant if he can focus his creativity to one or two big ideas per match, and then work on making them really make sense and mean something. PAC is exactly the kind of opponent he needs to do that.
  18. BomberPat

    Work

    I think getting the interview questions ahead of time is good - a lot of places offer that as accommodation for neurodiverse candidates, and the last time I had an interview I requested them on those grounds. I've always found interviews massive sources of anxiety, and having the questions in advance helps with that and gives you time to prepare and actually plan an answer, rather than having to prepare for every possible question they might ask you. From an employers' perspective, you'd assume it's better to have a candidate who has had time to plan and to demonstrate their best work and the best possible answers to the questions you want to ask, than someone getting tripped up by a question they don't expect, or that they haven't been able to prepare a decent answer for. I hadn't considered people using AI to come up with answers, but it just kind of highlights how dreadful interviews are as a means to demonstrate someone's actual aptitude for a job anyway, and half the reason AI is able to answer those questions is because the questions themselves can be formulaic to the point of cliché.
  19. really perfunctory episode of Dynamite. Nothing felt like it added anything or escalated anything going into All Out, which is a mad showing for the go-home show. They're doing Will Ospreay vs. Jon Moxley, which is a champion vs. champion match, a match between a guy who had his neck broken and career almost ended by the other guy - months of storyline between Mox and Ospreay with Will as a member of the Death Riders, and then Mox endorsing Will going into the All Out match, and you wouldn't know any of that from this build. It's being treated as a purely competitive deal between two wrestlers who have been kept apart, not a clash between those characters. There's been more focus on mad lad Gabe Kidd and the fucking United Empire in the build to this match than there has on the fact that it's Jon Moxley vs. Will Ospreay. Underneath it all, there's the question of what their relationship actually is now. There's the question of whether Ospreay learned enough from the Death Riders to be able to beat Moxley; a real "I taught you everything you know, but did I teach you everything I know?" set-up. There's the question of how much Mox now likes and respects Will, how far he is prepared to go to try and take him out, vs. how much Will has really forgiven Moxley for breaking his neck, and how far he would go to get revenge once he's actually in the position to deliver it. But they're not exploring any of that. Even after the Death Riders took out Francesco Akira last week, after Gabe Kidd has been threatening to murder Ospreay every week, Will's still doing friendly babyface "thank you Jon Moxley" promos. They finally got it so right with Ospreay vs. Omega after wasting months of time with the Death Riders bollocks, and I figured going to Will/Mox was just to round off the hanging threads of that storyline, but they've been taking it so slowly that I'm more convinced than ever they probably see out the rest of the year without finishing the Ospreay/Death Riders storyline. And if the plan isn't for Cope and Cage to turn heel, then Adam Copeland is fast becoming the worst babyface in the company. The promo he cut on Steve Borden was so obnoxious and condescending, and really counter-productive for a guy they're trying to build up as a future babyface star. The whole tone of treating a challenge for the tag titles as some kind of personal slight is just the least babyface behaviour going. And he wasn't much better in the three-way face-to-face, because he can't get through a promo without talking how important and legendary he is.
  20. BomberPat

    Work

    yeah, being able to see it in court would honestly be the dream at this point. I doubt it ever remotely goes that far, his claim form is amateurish bullshit, and he's said he's going to submit all the emails he's received as evidence - all they will prove is that he's consistently refused to engage with anything we've asked him to do, and usually in a really shitty and unprofessional way. That he's trying to claim we've failed to honour policy, when I've repeatedly quoted the policy at him to explain how he hasn't followed it, yet still thinks he's in the right is mental. The only part I have any sympathy for is that there's a month between him submitting the claim and us starting to process it. But that's because he sent it by post, despite no indication being given that he should do that. I can't blame him for not knowing that we're a team who largely work remotely and don't receive post, but when you've had an Excel file emailed to you, it's just common sense that it should be submitted by email, and that if you do send it by post instead, it wouldn't hurt to say "I've sent it by post, could you confirm receipt?", or even to ask that you have the right address! But even then, I lost any sympathy based on how he's behaved since then, and even if the delay were his only complaint, there's no legal recourse to that. I've sent all the paperwork and a timeline of events to Payroll and our Legal department for them to deal with, so it's likely completely out of my hands now. Explained it all to my team in our Teams chat so everyone could have a good laugh about it. I imagine he will continue to email us, as it's clear ours is the only email address he has and he's not smart enough to find someone else's, so I expect I'll hear from him again.
  21. BomberPat

    Work

    cunt's actually done it. Yesterday evening, we got a county court claim from him. It's absolutely riddled with spelling mistakes, so at least I can rule out ChatGPT. He is claiming that the "failed to contractually honour their own regulations". Which we didn't - literally my last email to him is quoting the specific regulations he hasn't followed. He then complains that we asked for itemised receipts, "which is not appropriate and disproportionate for the amount claimed". Aside from the fact that nowhere I have ever worked would allow you to claim expenses for any amount without an itemised receipt, the card receipt he did submit (which, again, is expressly against the regulations he's claiming we haven't followed, which I quoted to him) is for a totally different amount to what he's claimed for, with no indication of even where it's from, and he's done nothing to respond to that question at all. He then says "their final response after 4 months of non payment was to request me got complete more paperwork for lost receipts". Typos aside, the only reason that was our "final response" is because he told us not to bother replying, and refused to fill out the paperwork. The paperwork he only had to fill out because he was refusing to provide an itemised receipt. I gave him three options - he provide an itemised receipt (which he insists is impossible because "cafés don't provide itemised receipts", which must come as news to the hundreds of other people successfully managing to claim expenses), he complete a form justifying why he was unable to provide an itemised receipt, or I ask that Payroll process the remainder of his claim for travel expenses, but not the £10 being disputed. He has completely refused to engage with any of it. He's trying to claim his expenses, plus a penny interest for every day since he "submitted" the claim - by which I assume he means when he posted it to an address he took a best guess at, and then didn't tell anyone - and the cost of his court expenses. It's funny, because it's so ridiculous, but it's wasted so much of my time dealing with this cunt.
  22. BomberPat

    Work

    He didn't get the job, thank fuck. I copied Payroll in to his email to clarify the process, Payroll said what what was required, he said he "wasn't about to engage in more bureaucracy to make up for <the university>'s failures". I'd almost want to be in a courtroom as he tries to take the high ground explaining how he's been screwed over by people who have repeatedly told him that if he just did the bare minimum he would get his money, and told him exactly what the process he needs to follow is. He kicked off about the lunch part being £10 for a "meagre" lunch, as if we're somehow responsible for what he chose to eat as well, and then insisting that he didn't get an itemised receipt because "cafes don't give itemised receipts". Which is both bollocks, and fails to explain why the amount he is claiming for doesn't match the amount on the receipt
  23. BomberPat

    Work

    I think that's part of it. A lot of university staff, especially those who have been around a long time, just have an expectation that every little thing will be done for them, and resent having to lift a finger themselves. I get claiming for food if you've had to travel for work, if you're at a conference, staying overnight, anything like that. This bloke has been on a train for less than an hour, and come in for an interview day, with a decent break for lunch. If he wouldn't ordinarily pay for lunch on a working day, there's nothing stopping him packing a lunch at home and bringing it with him. It he would ordinarily pay for lunch on a working day, why are we paying for this one? He's replied again, saying that my response was unsatisfactory and that he will "let a district judge decide". The email is, as usual, really shitty, full of spelling errors, and doesn't engage with anything I actually said. He just keeps repeating that things are "unsatisfactory" or a bad experience, or how badly he's been treated, without ever addressing the points that he hasn't actually submitted any of the paperwork I asked for, and hasn't engaged with any of the possible solutions. I would put money on, somewhere down the line, a ridiculous ChatGPT-generated "legal challenge" showing up. He seems the type.
  24. BomberPat

    Work

    fucking exhausted today. Everyone's a dickhead. Someone came in for an interview a couple of months ago, somehow got wind that somebody else who interviewed was given permission to claim for travel expenses, so insisted they be allowed to as well. For context, the person who was given permission got a flight to London from Dundee, the guy complaining took a twenty minute train. He's also claimed for lunch, which I don't think he was entitled to, but the head of the school he was interviewing for permitted it, and asked that I send him the appropriate paperwork. I sent him the claim form, and a few weeks later he sent a shitty email saying "still not paid" with a sad emoji. Not the model of professionalism. I said we'd never received the expense claim back, it turns out he'd printed it out and posted it, and not told us. Our team largely works remotely, we're not a regularly manned office, and we don't get regular post. Nobody ever posts us anything, so we're not in the habit of checking the post room. This bloke, rather than filling in an Excel spreadsheet and returning it by email to either the person who emailed it to him, or to the email address it explicitly tells you to send it to on the form, printed it out, filled it in by post, half-guessed the right address to send it to, and then mailed it to us without thinking to reply to my email saying that's what he'd done. One of my colleagues was in the office when I found this out, and helpfully went and collected his form and scanned it for me to upload to Payroll for processing. Payroll queried it, because he hadn't submitted proper itemised receipts with his claim. He was claiming £10 for lunch, but the receipt associated with it was for a single payment of £27, wasn't itemised, no indication whatsoever of where it was from, what it was for, or how it related to his claim. I emailed him to say that we hadn't been able to process his claim because of this, and he replied saying "life's too short", and then threatening to contact our new Vice Chancellor to complain about how badly external candidates are treated. Proper dickhead behaviour. I intended to reply to that email with a copy of his claim and his receipt, making it clear that they didn't match up, but I've got more important things to be doing than constantly dealing with this knob, so I had left it a few days. Today, he emailed threatening to take us to county court to get his expenses repaid, and that we would incur this court cost, and all this additional legal action he was threatening if he didn't get his money back within 48 hours. What happened to "life's too short", then? All this over a claim for less than forty quid, that he'd have had back months ago if he'd just actually done what he was asked to do.
  25. thing is, I don't think Rey looks to AEW and other people's success there with any jealousy. I think he's completely WWE-pilled, and sees it as the pinnacle of the industry. There's a reason Dominik was fast-tracked to WWE without getting any experience elsewhere, and that Aaliyah is set to do the same. I've heard Rey talk about Randy Orton as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and one of the best to study and learn from. I think he's like Cody Rhodes - he had that independent run between WWE runs, went and worked AAA, NJPW, the first All In, was making sweet money (he was quoting around $20,000 a booking at one point), but deep down it was only ever about proving his worth to WWE, showing them what they were missing. It's weird thinking of this guy who was absolutely revolutionary in ECW, was a big part of AAA feeling exciting and fresh, and then a cornerstone of one of the best parts of WCW, that he just a WWE guy inside and out now. Sort of like AJ Styles ending up being a company man.
×
×
  • Create New...