The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

10 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Bryan Alvarez trying to get some sense out of Meltzer (I know, I know) regarding the PAC attacks Nakazawa angle

Bryan: "Apparently he has been in the dressing room for 4 weeks"

Dave: "Nah, they're in a different city"

Meltzer really is a classic.

That clip also has Meltzer saying that it was explained on Being The Elite, and sort of implies that if you don’t watch that then it’s your fault for not keeping up.

Admittedly, he does say that it should be recapped on Dynamite, but “that’s not how they work”, so again it’s on the viewer to go watch the YouTube show to get the full story.

As for his point about them “trying to do more than 2hrs of storylines” in their 2hr show- If they’re trying to push people to YouTube to keep up, why not make AEW Dark the defacto second show and push certain storylines on there rather than ‘here’s former IWGP Champion and only Gaijin winner of the G1 Kenny Omega taking 15 minutes to beat Kip Sabian, who...was on World of Sport for a bit’

Edited by WyattSheepMask
Worst spelling & grammar ever

7 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Isn't Dr Luther good mates with Jericho? Surely this is Jericho giving him a mainstream run as a favour before he bows out. 

He hasn’t wrestled for 2 years and before that there was a spell where he didn’t for 7 years, he’s already fucking bowed out, Jerico’s just got him a seat on the Gravy Train

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

"I believe in nepotism, I believe in giving your friends jobs. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for nepotism." - Cody Rhodes at Starrcast. Tony Khan needs to leave the dogs alone and actually put his foot down at some point. 

Because Tony Khan doesn't believe in nepotism.

• Paid Members

Enjoyed this more than others on here. My other half and I have been watching more wrestling than usual this week, and it certainly couldn't compare to Wrestle Kingdom, but we still enjoyed the show overall. There are definitely crap bits, but even then, there are usually interesting things involved.

The opener was fun - liking Hangman's development, both like Kenny, and Private Party are just fun to watch.

Sure, the Nightmare Collective is crap, but it's Awesome Kong, and neither of us have got past 'yay, it's Awesome Kong' yet (partly because of GLOW). And the Statlander/Riho match was fun enough in the middle of all of it. Neither know nor care who Luther is, but whatever. Brandi isn't working in what she's doing, which is a shame because she's generally watchable. 

Loving the Christopher Daniels insecurity thing, and Pentagon's laugh when mocking him was actually hilarious. Interesting to see the ad break, and that Daniels is someone they trust to go out and nail a promo in the time allotted. Rhodes vs Luchas was really fun. Nasty bump near the end.

I hope there's something else going on with Dark Order. Uno looks so low-rent in his check shirt and badly-fitting jacket.

The crowd generally seemed muted, as did the ring at times. It made everything feel a little off - the crowd looked hotter than they were sounding, and they were certainly constantly making noise. That said, MJF is just a star. Makes me laugh a lot, which helps. Nice to see DDP - crap promo, but he's fun to see if it's not overdone.

The Mox/Jericho thing - certainly could have been done better, but it was signposted and obvious where it was going. Was kind of hoping he'd quit rather than be kidding, so he could legally get the car. It's nonsense, but that would have amused me rather than him 'stealing' it. 

It wasn't great, but it was fun. Didn't fast-forward anything, and what didn't work wasn't there for TOO long. It still feels like they're taking criticism on-board and making improvements overall. A small point, but the 'It's LUTHER' stuff worked much better than the 'Butcher/Blade/Bunny' bit, because at least Excalibur explained who he was enough for the audience to understand why he cared.

While the factions thing is overdone (and yeah, two cults one after the other... eesh), it was nice seeing two teams semi-naturally forming for larger women's matches that at least have a storyline.

Next week's looks pretty good - Allin vs Pac in particular.