Jump to content

Snitsky's back acne

Members
  • Posts

    12,191
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Snitsky's back acne

  1. How is it "fucking with people" though? Seriously. What are people missing out on? If there was no way of watching both and you had to choose one over the other I would be more inclined to agree with you but just watch whichever you want to watch more first and then watch the other one. I honestly don't get it. As a kid if there were two things on at the same time that I wanted to watch I'd watch one live, tape the other one and watch it afterwards. If anything, I liked that more because it meant I got to see two things I really wanted to watch instead of just one. Maybe my autism is going into overdrive here and there is something I am not getting but I am not seeing the issue.
  2. In the days of streaming is "counter programming" even a thing? Genuine question. Nobody is going "Shit if I watch Dynamite I can't watch When Worlds Collide". If someone is inclined to watch both they will watch one, then the other. Hell, if they are really fussed they could watch one on the TV and another at the same time on their phone. Honestly not getting the gripe.
  3. Bret Hart gives a tour of Calgary.
  4. Woke up to a message from my mate saying he had died. Absolute shock. Just 40 years old. I remember seeing Pac at 1PW and the King of Europe Cup in 2006 and 2007. He was so different to everyone else. Some of the moves he did were completely mind blowing and it was no surprise he caught the attention and Japan and America. I believe Regal recently posted that he held Pac in incredibly high regard and that is quite the endorsement in my opinion. RIP Pac. Incredibly sad and shocking.
  5. Taking over the role Robbie Brookside used to have.
  6. First seen under his real name, Paul Beswick, on Gladiators.
  7. Bill Dundee slaps Lance Russell. NOBODY touched Lance Russell.
  8. Bring back the Shitarse 50! EDIT - Just checked and 20 years since I joined. Damn! My username was actually relevant back then!
  9. In Hull they would have been called the Breadcake Express.
  10. Sami Zayn is such a cowardly prick it's brilliant. I saw an article saying Zayn is not world champion material but surely that's the whole point? He is an updated version of The Honky Tonk Man. You know that everyone he wrestles can kick his arse and beat him - and you want to see them do it - but he somehow gets away with the title and that just pisses you off even more because you're sat there going "How is this guy the champion?!".
  11. Absolutely. "Only intense, hate filled brawls allowed." - both matches definitely fit that bill.
  12. Yeah, what they are doing/not doing with Blake Monroe is frankly inexcusable. If they had nothing for her they should not have brought her up to the main roster but HOW could you not have something for someone clearly as talented as she is? I know that is a statement which is not solely relevant to her either.
  13. Fuck it, I'd have switched the belt. Penta would not have had to hold it long if they didn't want him to but it would have made huge headlines and social media views, which is what WWE/TKO likes and, who knows, just like when Edge beat Cena in 2006 - Penta might have surprised people and got over better than they thought so that they decided to put the title on him longer the next time. So much for the tease with Royce Keys group being there and going "Hey Roman" too. "Oh no, these psycho, hard nuts are outside and....oh, they've done fuck all". Oh well....
  14. Very decent crowd. Fair play to them.
  15. I do think AAA has a pretty underrated tag division tbh. War Raiders, Wagner Brothers, Los Americanos, PDM, Tokyo Bad Boys, Fraxiom, Money Machine and I'm sure a couple of others I'm forgetting. Now they just need to boost their women's division a little. Unsure if Lady Maravilla from Las Toxicas has left but she was not been around for a while. They need a few more challengers for La Catalina in my opinion.
  16. I see your Austin vs Dude Love and raise you Funk v Flair from 1989. I'm undecided if their GAB match or the I-Quit Match was better but both were intense fights which looked like they meant it and had you questioning whether there might be some genuine animosity there. Here's their I-Quit Match for those who want to see it. Heck of a fight.
  17. Agreed. It's not smooth or polished and looks more like a real fight would were it a real fight. The bit where they fight into the set and it nearly falls over adds a genuine layer of danger and unpredictability to it. Imagine seeing this on TV at 11 o clock on a Saturday morning.
  18. I've been binging on some old school brawls recently and figured I would start a thread to pay homage to pro wrestling's greatest brawls. Any era. Any territory. Any country. Only intense, hate filled brawls allowed. I'll start. Obviously, Memphis were the pioneers and had some absolute crackers. Of course, there was Lawler and Dundee vs The Blonde Bombers in the original Tupelo Concession Stand brawl... ....but they also had a wild one in Evansville many years later where Lawler and co. trashed the backstage area.... ...and another one several years after that where Jerry Lawler, Jeff Jarrett and the Moondogs destroy the American Legion Hall in Kennett, Missouri. Nutters. So, come on lads, Fights. Brawls. Grown men (or women) punching each other in the face, hitting each other with inanimate objects, bleeding and generally just hating each other. What are your faves?
  19. I don't know if it was the same for everyone but the sheer volume of YouTube ads made this almost unwatchable for me In some instances during the main event there were literally adverts every minute and it completely disrupted the flow of the match. It was ridiculous and infuriating.
  20. The Undertaker 1991. Obviously his later entrances with the lights going out etc were even better but there was something about the stripped back version that makes it more eerie for me - the way it is shot too. You see him walk into frame from the left, then the long shot with him slowly walking towards you, then the low shot looking up into his face, the cutaways to scared or enthralled kids in the crowd. Perfect example of TV production enhancing his aura. It made him all the more intimidating.
  21. Yeah nice easy watch when you fast forward all the ads. Hopefully Lady Shani is okay. I'm looking forward to tonight. Should be a good show.
  22. Speaking of which, its not much of a match and the quality is shit but its The Undertaker vs Freddy Krueger!
  23. I remember reading about Nitro in Powerslam and seeing a few episodes on German sports channel DSF. As you say, it's crazy now to comprehend waiting a month for the next issue of a magazine to come out before getting updates on a wrestling show - or having to catch it dubbed on a German sports channel before they switched to the softcore European porn at 10pm. I remember channel surfing and seeing AAA on Galavision in the 90's too. It was like something from another world - particularly because the first time I saw it they had 5 ninja turtles battling another team with a mummy or something equally as crazy. 90's Sky was awesome and bizarre in equal measures.
  24. It could be argued that beating someone up to solve a dispute is not a message you would want a child to take on board either, to be fair, yet millions of parents have happily let their kids watch wrestling for many decades. I guess it depends on where you draw the line. Apparently there are some conflicting reports about Bayley doing the rounds. Meltzer has said she has signed a new contract. Apparently PWInsider are saying she hadn't, as she has a fair bit of time left on her existing contract.
  25. He had a match v Madusa at Uncensored 1996. It was as a result of the wedding but I cant remember why.
×
×
  • Create New...