The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

After seeing Arn with Cody they are a much better fit than I thought they’d be. The grizzled old coach makes Cody look like a big deal and will draw great sympathy if the old boy gets smashed by Wardlow. 

Cody was already a big deal and garnered plenty of sympathy for himself without Arn. So unless this is going to a heel turn where Arn suddenly spinebusters Cody and aligns himself with MJF or someone else, it's a wasted opportunity to elevate someone who actually needs Arn's presence, knowledge, experience and attributes.

Edited by Accident Prone

• Paid Members

Very good show. 

Tazz slotted in great. Cody needs to lose Arn, preferably in the next 7 days. It's like Janella always as the flu when he talks. 

God bless the people sat behind the guy constantly standing up in the front row.   

41 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Cody was already a big deal and garnered plenty of sympathy for himself without Arn. So unless this is going to a heel turn where Arn suddenly spinebusters Cody and aligns himself with MJF or someone else, it's a wasted opportunity to elevate someone who actually needs Arn's presence, knowledge, experience and attributes.

I think we’ll get both in all fairness. No harm in building on the things Cody already does well. Why not build on his two strongest qualities before using it to give someone else a shot in the arm. 

Really good show overall to start the year. Cody/Darby was really good, I’ve not heard Taz on commentary for years but he didn’t seem out of place at any point.

Jericho trying to feng shui his way into that tiny car was quite funny, and the only real downside to the whole show was the women’s match. Britt Baker is shit, Shida who is usually decent had a bit of a shocker and Riho is fucking awful. Everything from her shite annoying entrance music, to her practically floating down from that crossbody ala Mr Burns being saved by Homer and the volunteer firefighters, she doesn’t look like she could fight her way out of a paper-bag

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I like a bit of Riho. I wasn’t sure what to make of her at first but similarly to Marko Stunt she works a style that compliments her tiny frame.

She isn’t going out there dropping people of their heads nor is she super athletic but that’s ok because she isn’t supposed to be. She’s the ultimate underdog and that’s how she performs. 

• Paid Members

People thinking Marty Scurll or Luke Harper are going to be revealed as some type of Higher Power figure behind Dark Order are probably the same people who were convinced Charlotte wasn’t going to be in the main event of Wrestlemania and that Baron Corbin wouldn’t really be facing Kurt Angle in his retirement match.

11 minutes ago, Supremo said:

People thinking Marty Scurll or Luke Harper are going to be revealed as some type of Higher Power figure behind Dark Order are probably the same people who were convinced Charlotte wasn’t going to be in the main event of Wrestlemania and that Baron Corbin wouldn’t really be facing Kurt Angle in his retirement match.

I’m worried that it’s going to be Brandi Rhodes. I’d take anyone or anything over her. Marko Stunt, a reveal that Evil Uno was talking to his reflection, Dr Britt Baker running the group out of her dental surgery - anything.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members

If it meant all the shitty cults joined forces and the show was no longer riddled with separate factions all looking and doing the same, I’d be happy for it to be revealed that Brandi Rhodes and The Bunny are co-Higher Powers.

4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

That Janella segment was easily the low point of the show.

He's fine as fodder for the main guys and that's it.

However, joy of joys, that segment has prompted tremendous banter back and forth between her, Kip and Janella on Twitter with Joey saying he is the only reason she got the job with AEW and her saying he has a tiny dick and Kip making a dig about Joey still living with his Mum. Ah, kids today...