MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

After seeing Arn with Cody they are a much better fit than I thought they’d be. The grizzled old coach makes Cody look like a big deal and will draw great sympathy if the old boy gets smashed by Wardlow. 

Best Dynamite of the year!

Seriously though, that was a fantastic show. Here's hoping they can continue with the same quality throughout the rest of the year.

Echoing everyone else's thoughts - that was as fun a show as they've done. A lot of good damage control done quite quickly.

The idea that there's someone else behind the Dark Order was probably the plan all along, but I'm entertained by the thought everyone suddenly realised Uno didn't convince as a big bad and went into damage control. There are some fun theories on Reddit, with the top contenders for the 'exalted one' being Christopher Daniels (unlikely, but likely to join), Marty Scurll (most likely) and... Matt Hardy (due to Uno's 'Wonderful' reference - unlikely, but his contract does come up in a couple of months, so not impossible).

Still holding out hope for Hangman joining the Inner Circle and feuding with Omega etc. He's got potential.

38 minutes ago, Chris B said:

The idea that there's someone else behind the Dark Order was probably the plan all along, but I'm entertained by the thought everyone suddenly realised Uno didn't convince as a big bad and went into damage control. There are some fun theories on Reddit, with the top contenders for the 'exalted one' being Christopher Daniels (unlikely, but likely to join), Marty Scurll (most likely) and... Matt Hardy (due to Uno's 'Wonderful' reference - unlikely, but his contract does come up in a couple of months, so not impossible).

Luke Harper I reckon... Assuming I wasn't dreaming that he got his release.

Doesn't Sami Callihan have a bit of a cultist gimmick? Or have I confused him with someone else?

5 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Doesn't Sami Callihan have a bit of a cultist gimmick? Or have I confused him with someone else?

Close, Callihan has the cuntiest gimmick.

12 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

After seeing Arn with Cody they are a much better fit than I thought they’d be. The grizzled old coach makes Cody look like a big deal and will draw great sympathy if the old boy gets smashed by Wardlow. 

Cody was already a big deal and garnered plenty of sympathy for himself without Arn. So unless this is going to a heel turn where Arn suddenly spinebusters Cody and aligns himself with MJF or someone else, it's a wasted opportunity to elevate someone who actually needs Arn's presence, knowledge, experience and attributes.

Edited by Accident Prone

Very good show. 

Tazz slotted in great. Cody needs to lose Arn, preferably in the next 7 days. It's like Janella always as the flu when he talks. 

God bless the people sat behind the guy constantly standing up in the front row.   

41 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

Cody was already a big deal and garnered plenty of sympathy for himself without Arn. So unless this is going to a heel turn where Arn suddenly spinebusters Cody and aligns himself with MJF or someone else, it's a wasted opportunity to elevate someone who actually needs Arn's presence, knowledge, experience and attributes.

I think we’ll get both in all fairness. No harm in building on the things Cody already does well. Why not build on his two strongest qualities before using it to give someone else a shot in the arm. 

Really good show overall to start the year. Cody/Darby was really good, I’ve not heard Taz on commentary for years but he didn’t seem out of place at any point.

Jericho trying to feng shui his way into that tiny car was quite funny, and the only real downside to the whole show was the women’s match. Britt Baker is shit, Shida who is usually decent had a bit of a shocker and Riho is fucking awful. Everything from her shite annoying entrance music, to her practically floating down from that crossbody ala Mr Burns being saved by Homer and the volunteer firefighters, she doesn’t look like she could fight her way out of a paper-bag

Edited by WyattSheepMask

I like a bit of Riho. I wasn’t sure what to make of her at first but similarly to Marko Stunt she works a style that compliments her tiny frame.

She isn’t going out there dropping people of their heads nor is she super athletic but that’s ok because she isn’t supposed to be. She’s the ultimate underdog and that’s how she performs. 

They picked the wrong woman, Yuka comes across as the plucky little underdog so much better.

Edited by Merzbow