The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

3 hours ago, Merzbow said:

spacer.png

Ortiz is a black metal fan? His facepaint was a spot on recreation of Abbath from Immortal.

A* reference.

Nothing wrestling related here, just appreciation. Abbath’s first solo album is great too.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

I remember O'Reilly having a decent run in the Best Of The Super Juniors a few years back. He's not bad. 

1 hour ago, Infinity Land said:

Speaking of ratings.

Is it just me or is this a bit lazy? Two markets stay at the same time and there's a 21% difference between them. If you can't tell why there's that significant a difference between them, how can you infer what caused the change in the two West Coast markets that changed time slots.

What that doesn’t tell you is what percentage the markets where of the total. But will appeal to an audience of people who hunt for the negatives 

• Paid Members
23 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

Why are Fish and O'Reilly called Red Dragon when they don't wear red?

Red Dragon is, apparently, the name of a skate company. They thought it sounded cool, and so reDRagon was born. Or so I read somewhere.

I thought it was the best Jade has looked up to now, not a high bar I know. Thunder Rosa seemed to be wrestling in slow motion, at one point  she ran the ropes Orange Cassidy style!

Matt Hardy wrestled like he'd shat himself. Such odd ways of moving, but I suppose years of wrestling the style he used to has caught up with him.

I enjoyed the main event, whenever O'Reilly wasn't involved. Some of his stuff was so fucking weak looking, it was so bad. 

Opener was decent, but early on there seemed a misfire with a spot that left Fenix looking like a spare prick at a wedding. Oh, and that scream from Isiah (I think) had me in stitches.

• Paid Members

That was fine. Far from the best episode and a bit inconsequential, but it passed the time entertainingly enough.

Not sure why the hate on the Cargill/Rosa match - I thought it was okay. Loved Rosa's X-23 outfit, and Jade's not bad for someone as green as she is.

I don't love Undisputed Era, but the intrigue with the Bucks and Cole is okay. The episode was sorely missing some real main-eventers - they're really missing Mox and Omega at the moment. I like the Best Friends a lot, but this one really felt like it was just there.

That said, they're clearly holding off on the big guns for next week, and who can blame them? This one trod water a little and that's fine.

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Matt Hardy wrestled like he'd shat himself. Such odd ways of moving, but I suppose years of wrestling the style he used to has caught up with him.

On the old Hardy Boyz dvd from about 20 years ago they were taking the piss out of Matt, saying he has the "Jimmy legs". And has fucked up hips and knees and it showed a clip of how he walked down the ramp (I think he was dressed as one of the conquistadors in their feud with Edge and Christian) God knows what state his hips and legs are in now. Surprised he can actually walk. 

Tl;dr He's bow legged and couldn't stop a pig in an alley.

Edited by chokeout

• Paid Members

Chris Daniels moves in a similar way now. 

Hardy's still in much better shape than he was in TNA where he wrestled everything at a walking pace and was built like me.