The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

On 12/23/2021 at 9:06 PM, LaGoosh said:

Rebel is in her mid 40s and hasn't wrestled in AEW outside of getting squashed every now and then. She's a stooge character and supposed to be annoying. I love her and think she's great. 

She is great 🥰😳

17 hours ago, Nick James said:

If that happens, it will more than likely be that Raw has lost viewers than Dynamite has gained them. If the tide hasn't turned already after probably the best two years worth of shows since the mid-90's and Raw probably being at its worst ever, those people still tuning into Raw each week are either kids, die-hards who will never leave regardless, or hate watchers who watch both Dynamite and Raw every week just to complain about one or both shows. 

People are at home with more time than ever on their hands to watch wrestling, and the spike in watchers is still not there. Other than Dynamite going head to head with Raw, I don't see how that will change with them being on different nights. 

I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me about the ratings system will probably counteract my point, but I just can't see it unless WWE really go downhill and I don't know what else they can do to drive fans away than what they already are.

You're potentially right but I think that AEW will see Dynamite back over a million every week once they move over to TBS and bed in. I mean, they hit a million last week, right before the holiday and still with the west coast fuckery. They nearly matched Raw in the demo last week, too.

It'll be interesting in any case!

Cole doesn’t have any in-ring credibility to me because of how he moves. He plods slowly around, carefully applies the move, plods around a bit more, carefully does another move, etc. It all looks very measured in a non-threatening way.

It’s not size as in height that’s a problem, (for me anyway), it’s size as in he doesn’t look he’s ever been to the gym. All those years at the performance centre, come on mate. 

7 minutes ago, Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete said:

Just remembered it was a year ago today that Brodie Lee passed away.

It was yesterday. A fair amount of tributes from AEW people and guys like Big E all over social media. Heartwarming to see him remembered so fondly but also so heartbreaking.

• Paid Members

I've just read that AEW now have 122 wrestlers signed on their main roster page now Martinez has officially signed with the company, not including the unsigned Dark workers, that's surely a few too many? You would expect there may be some releases at some point in the coming months? 

To be fair, they do a good job of cycling people, but each week there seems to be someone signing officially with the company or debuting on Dark etc and with people like Keith Lee etc still unsigned along with the ROH lot that have recently been let go, surely some people are going to have to make way soon? 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Nick James said:

You would expect there may be some releases at some point in the coming months? 

I think quite a lot of contracts are coming up in the Spring. I'd imagine a fair few of them won't be renewed.

That Brandi/Lambert stuff was some of the worst shit I've seen in ages. A bunch of unlikeable people being annoying and terrible. Genuinely painful to watch. Brandi is the most insincere and unconvincing performer I can think of. Everyone involved in this thing is looking like a dickhead. Page and Sky are a decent little midcard act but are getting dragged down being tied to this lead balloon. Feels like there's no self awareness at all.

That Jade Cargill / Thunder Rosa match was awful, wasn't it?  Jade is NOT good, and Thunder Rosa's not experienced enough to be able to carry a match by herself.  Really ugly, clumsy stuff and with 120 people on the roster they don't need to be putting Cargill on tv.  Inexplicable push.

Brandi Rhodes dressed as Stephanie McMahon was interesting, but yeah... awful segment.

I know Cole's not super popular around here but he's brought some life to what was a pretty stale act in the Cliq/Young Bucks/Elite.  I appreciate the continuity from NXT, it feels organic.

Generally a bit of a nothing show though, holding pattern until the move to TBS.  My fave bit was actually Eddie Kingston getting into Jericho's face.  Battle of the fatties!