The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

5 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The Panama Sunrise is a shit finish and so is his shitty knee that he does.

The Brainbuster onto the knee is a really fucking brutal and cool move that should be his finisher but he mostly uses it as a transition move, sadly.

I tell you what annoyed me last night - and it’s so minor, it really shouldn’t - was his half-arsed selling of his knee injury.

When he hit the stairs he sold it like he’d been two footed by a Rhino. He carried on limping about, got in the ring and - when OC was sitting - drove his dodgy knee right into OC’s back before putting on a submission and not even flinching.

Drove me absolutely mental. It was an impact injury you pranny, don’t use it to hit impact moves.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members

When Adam Cole puts his knee pad down, he honestly looks like my 3 year old boy running around in his undies while you try to get him dressed. 

I did see AEW have a 'Fan Code of Conduct' which is good to see, but shit like that sign aimed at Nyla shouldn't even get a chance to make it onto TV. How does no one spot that sign before its held up?

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Nick James said:

When Adam Cole puts his knee pad down, he honestly looks like my 3 year old boy running around in his undies while you try to get him dressed. 

I did see AEW have a 'Fan Code of Conduct' which is good to see, but shit like that sign aimed at Nyla shouldn't even get a chance to make it onto TV. How does no one spot that sign before its held up?

While we didn't see it on TV, it was confirmed the bloke was ejected, I am hoping like this

homer simpson fighting GIF

but yeah, they should be vetting stuff, that said that will be down to the venue as AEW won't be using their own staff, it will be the venues own.

13 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Looking at the state of the sign, it's possible that the bloke took in a blank piece of card and just wrote it out when he was at his seat or something.

Saw on either Reddit or Twitter this morning from someone sat near him that that was indeed what he did.

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Even in today's age of small wrestlers when I hear people say Cole is a future AEW Champion or main eventer I think they're absolutely nuts. You've got to draw the line somewhere and Cole is just an incredibly small man by any standards. 

1 hour ago, Nick James said:

To be fair, there are thousands of fans in each arena. Short of banning all signs, I’m not sure how you would go about preventing something like this. Checking each sign doesn’t seem particularly feasible.

To me, it seems the staff there did everything they could have done. They were alerted to the arsehole with the sign, and tossed him out.

19 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Even in today's age of small wrestlers when I hear people say Cole is a future AEW Champion or main eventer I think they're absolutely nuts. You've got to draw the line somewhere and Cole is just an incredibly small man by any standards. 

If you’re drawing the line at him, you’re drawing the line at people like Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, Sammy Guevara and Hook - all smaller than Cole, but very marketable. I’ve never really understood the hype about Cole, but I can’t deny that he’s very, very over with the live crowd. For that reason, I can certainly understand why they would want to push him as a top tier wrestler. 

45 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I can't believe that size still matters in 2021 😲

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, NavigatorFan said:

I can't believe that size still matters in 2021 😲

Size doesn't matter its what you do with it 😉

Absolute sod all in Adam Coles case which is why I want him nowhere near titles but happy enough in multi man matches so the fans can say Boom and Baybay and have a little energy. 

• Paid Members

Darby Allin (as much I think he's a scumbag) at least wrestles like someone his size. He wrestles with speed and throws himself at people using his size as an advantage. Cole has charisma, but that's pretty much it. Against a smaller guy, he can wrestle, but even in NXT, you couldn't buy him as a true main eventer. Remember how ridiculous it looked when he laid out Drew McIntyre on his first night in NXT? 

Bobby Fish is no taller than Cole, but he looks the part at least. Look at Johnathan Gresham, guys tiny, but he's built so doesn't look out of place, even Ciampa, was skinny and small when he arrived in NXT, now look at him.

The worst part of O'Reilly turning up, is it's brought all of the old ROH lot out of hiding to remind everyone of the history of these three and belittle anyone who calls them 'Undisputed Era' because they were called something entirely different in ROH. There will be videos of them burning their UE shirts in the gardens next.

Edited by Nick James