The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Every time he gets close to some kind of rendering himself relevant he has to piss it all away, doesn't he?

Funny that the guy permanently outraged over fake fighting is moaning about people having their feelings hurt. 

Had a feeling that the prick was turfed out when I noticed he wasn't around later in the show, think he was also the guy that had a "Adam Page is a cowboy bitch" sign as well.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

If you’re drawing the line at him, you’re drawing the line at people like Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, Sammy Guevara and Hook - all smaller than Cole, but very marketable.

Yeah I am. Not everyone should be or even needs to be the World Champion and I don't think any of them or Adam Cole should be Champion at any point. 

Edited by LaGoosh

One thing I forgot that I really didn’t like - apologies for not being familiar with names - but the lady in the red and white onesie trying to steal focus during the Britt Baker segment drove me mad.

Britt is the superstar, just pay doting attention to her and do everything you can to make sure people are paying attention to her, don’t make silly faces and hand motions and piss about with your drink. I couldn’t stop looking at her, which isn’t a good thing.

4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

One thing I forgot that I really didn’t like - apologies for not being familiar with names - but the lady in the red and white onesie trying to steal focus during the Britt Baker segment drove me mad.

Britt is the superstar, just pay doting attention to her and do everything you can to make sure people are paying attention to her, don’t make silly faces and hand motions and piss about with your drink. I couldn’t stop looking at her, which isn’t a good thing.

Rebel (not Reba), she's the comic relief run in of the group and is really funny as Britt's goofy PA/hype girl. She's great and doesn't detract at all. 

4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I found her infuriatingly distracting. Just felt like she was scene chewing.

Upside is, they’ve got a hell of a starting point for them to start resenting each other ahead of a feud.

Doubt it. Rebel isn't that kind of top line worker. They've been an act since June 2020. This is their schtick. Rebels thing is a goofy sycophant. They had a b-show Piper's Pit segment occasionally called The Waiting Room where they play off the comedy. Not winning you over, just giving it more clarity. I think she's brilliant as this background goof. She's very much established a lower level character. 

Edited by Chili

2 hours ago, RedRooster said:

If you’re drawing the line at him, you’re drawing the line at people like Darby Allin, Jungle Boy, Sammy Guevara and Hook - all smaller than Cole, but very marketable. I’ve never really understood the hype about Cole, but I can’t deny that he’s very, very over with the live crowd. For that reason, I can certainly understand why they would want to push him as a top tier wrestler. 

See none of them I look at as small as they have some kinda muscle or structure to their shape, or use everything they have to hurt you like Darby. Cole just looks skinny not small 

I do wonder with Cole how much is the baybay and boom that the crowd love to be part of, and how much is the rest of his act. 

38 minutes ago, Louch said:

See none of them I look at as small as they have some kinda muscle or structure to their shape, or use everything they have to hurt you like Darby. Cole just looks skinny not small 

I do wonder with Cole how much is the baybay and boom that the crowd love to be part of, and how much is the rest of his act. 

Catchphrases have helped wrestlers get themselves over for decades - and Cole is over, I just don’t think you can make a credible argument to say that he isn’t. The crowd are vocally into his matches, and they also react to his promos. If you don’t like Adam Cole, that’s absolutely fine. But just because you don’t, doesn’t mean that he’s not over, or that he shouldn’t be pushed. 

4 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Catchphrases have helped wrestlers get themselves over for decades - and Cole is over, I just don’t think you can make a credible argument to say that he isn’t. The crowd are vocally into his matches, and they also react to his promos. If you don’t like Adam Cole, that’s absolutely fine. But just because you don’t, doesn’t mean that he’s not over, or that he shouldn’t be pushed. 

I didn’t say he wasn’t over did I ? I just pondered how much of his over comes from the catchphrase. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Upside is, they’ve got a hell of a starting point for them to start resenting each other ahead of a feud.

Rebel is in her mid 40s and hasn't wrestled in AEW outside of getting squashed every now and then. She's a stooge character and supposed to be annoying. I love her and think she's great. 

48 minutes ago, Louch said:

I didn’t say he wasn’t over did I ? I just pondered how much of his over comes from the catchphrase. 

The implication seemed to be that the catchphrase/audience participation is what was over, rather than Cole himself - if that’s not what you meant, then fair enough.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

The implication seemed to be that the catchphrase/audience participation is what was over, rather than Cole himself - if that’s not what you meant, then fair enough.

Is that not the same thing? It's Coles catchphrases, so if they are over, so is he. The point Louch was making (I believe) is how much of Cole being over is about his catchphrases and the Boom stuff, rather than him as a wrestler. It's an interesting and fair question I thought.

There has been many acts over the years that have been over due to catchphrases / enterances etc more than them specifically.