Jump to content

WyattSheepMask

Members
  • Posts

    8,410
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by WyattSheepMask

  1. Moxley vs Orange Cassidy for the Continental Title has been added to tonight’s show
  2. Got finished watching the show this afternoon. It was fine. Nothing of real consequence happened other than The Bucks winning the Tag Team belts. Everything else was just there. I don’t know if it was just one of those nights or if it just couldn’t possibly live up to the standard set by All In, but I don’t fell as though I’d have missed out if I hadn’t watched the show, and I feel like All Out has suffered in that way for the last few years to the point that I kind of wish they’d scrap it and spend a couple more weeks worth of TV building towards Wrestledream. Some fans booing when the Darby/Borden v Kyle/Knight got called off- fuck those fans. Glad to hear that Steven is seemingly doing OK, but hopefully they give him some time off to make sure there is t some form of after effects. Willow v Thekla was the best match of the night in my opinion.
  3. Osprey over with the Black/Red Arrow will be a fitting tribute
  4. I got about half way through Eddie Kingston’s post on Instagram before I had to turn it off, it was absolutely heartbreaking to see him like that again so soon after doing the same thing for Butcher. I hope he and everyone else are getting whatever support is available to them
  5. Wembley Stadium let it slip yesterday, but it got officially announced today that Slipknot are playing there next July. Certainly an ambitious booking for them. I know that in the grand scheme of things they’re still massive and you’ve got multiple generations going to these kind of shows, but that’s a big place to fill. Shame you’ve got Marilyn Manson on the undercard too, desperately clinging onto to what’s left of his relevancy
  6. An ‘In Memory of’ graphic at the start of tonight’s RAW is as much as we’ll get in any sort of official capacity. I’m sure the roster will find a way to work in their own tributes
  7. This is absolutely devastating news. My friend Shaun has a video tucked away somewhere of me and PAC working a match when we used to do Backyard Wrestling. He can’t have been any older than 15 at the time, 16 at the absolute most, but even then you knew he had the potential to be a big star. A couple of years later we’re at 1PW and the opener of Know Your Enemy is a Triple Threat between Stevie Lynn, Dragon Aisu and PAC. We’d seen Stevie and Dragon on a few shows but this was the first time seeing PAC, or as one of our group pointed out during his entrance “holy fuck that’s Ben!” since our Backyarding days. Got over incredibly quickly and was off to the U.S. within a couple of years. Its the suddenness of it all that’s so devastating.
  8. This series has been a right dud. Ayoade acting like he’s above the whole thing, Nina Conti busting out that ventriloquist mask thing she’s been doing for donkey’s years and has never been funny- just a complete disaster. Ive seen every episode so I know that I’ll end up watching it for completists sake, but I can’t imagine this will be a well remembered series unless they seriously turn things around in the second half of it
  9. Boardwalk Empire being omitted from that list is an absolute disgrace
  10. £150million each tends to get warring brothers to put up with one another for a few days
  11. My wife kept calling it Luther by accident to the point that we started calling it White Luther, which wouldn’t surprise me if that was how it was actually pitched “So you know Luther? The show with the confident black detective taking down grizzly murderers in dingy grim Brixton? Well how a socially awkward white man pretends to be a detective solving less grizzly murders in rich uni town Oxford”
  12. I’ve not watched a full episode of Collision for probably well over two years, but felt compelled to watch this one with it being a tribute episode. The majority of the video tributes were lovely, but Kip Sabian doing that ‘holding a tiny microphone’ thing that influencers do can get in the bin. I do hope that the $100,000 thing for the Battle Royale is legit, because that’s an amazing thing to do for charity in such tragic circumstances, and I’ve no doubt that TK is lucky enough to be in a position where he can just cut a cheque and not miss it. Im not saying they have to disclose who the money is going to whatever, but I just hope that it’s a legit thing
  13. As has been said, the parts with Rebel were beautifully done, she’s absolutely incredible. Hats off to Excalibur for managing to keep it together during his tribute to Andy Williams. We’ve seen episodes of wrestling before were someone has passed away and everyone has to go out and perform, and that must be so hard when that persons passing is still so recent. Excalibur’s words were so heartfelt, and his use of Every Time I Die lyrics as part of it (“though it may haunt us and break our hearts, death cannot tear us apart” is from the song ‘Fear and Trembling) was a lovely touch as well. As @RedTwoster alluded to, El Hijo del Sting definitely looked pretty green, but hes a phenomenal athlete. He’s only been having matches for just under a year so he’s still got plenty to learn, but put him in there with the right people and give him some time, there could be something there. Theres plenty more that could be said about the rest of the show, but this was a week were quite frankly it doesn’t matter
  14. We have an Employee of the Month scheme at work where you vote for your EOTM, and each month management announce who has been named the EOTM in the work group chat. I don’t have an issue with the scheme, I don’t even tend to vote in it as everyone gets it eventually (think Homer thinking he’s going to win it before being pipped to the post by the inanimate carbon rod), but the replies from everyone to the winner are so unimaginative. These were all posted one after another today- “well done X well deserved” “Well done X very well deserved” ”Well done X it’s thoroughly well deserved” ”well done X, thoroughly deserved” ”Well done X. Very well deserved” and so on and so on. 25 messages in total all saying a variation of the exact same thing
  15. Fucking Funko Pops. WWE with its finger firmly on the pulse once again
  16. Slipknot randomly released a new song today, their first music under their own (Sic)est Records label. I’m actually struggling to put into words how dreadful it is
  17. AEW have posted a tribute on Twitter & Instagram (but not BlueSky as of yet), to The Butcher so can we all just relax now about who should be taking a lead on tributes etc. Extremely sad news to hear and double so for his Every Time I Die fanbase. Certainly stood out in the early days of AEW and was very decent considering his limited experience at the time
  18. All In star ratings are out for anyone that partakes in that kind of chatter- * Trios Royale - 3.5 * Brawling Birds v Divine Dominion - 3.5 * Mox v McGuinness- 4.5 * Okada v Fletcher v Takeshita - 4.5 * Casino Gauntlet - 4.75 * Cope & Christian v Young Bucks - 4.25 * Allin v Knight - 4.5 * Monè v Willow - 5 * Osprey v Omega - 6.5
  19. What’s the library like on NJPW World these days? Im completely out of the loop in terms of the modern day promotion, but if they library is worth diving into I could maybe be willing to sign back up to it
  20. How the fuck are they justifying that?
×
×
  • Create New...