-
Posts
4,429 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Jazzy G
-
Finally made it to Roe Lee Chippy this past weekend. I had cheese and onion pie, chips, peas and gravy, but did notice they do John Bulls, so may have to go for that next time. Vicky had fish and chips. It was fine. The stuff we got from across Bigger Fish 2 Fry was better, but what they did offer was fish offcuts to take home for cats. They literally gave me a carrier bag full of fish cuttings. I boiled it up in the pan, but Sapphire was only interested in it before and immediately after I'd cooked it. She didn't care when I portioned some out into a bowl for her, so when I get some out of the freezer for her next time I'll pretend it's for me and leave it on a plate for her so she thinks she's stealing mine.
-
I bet even with a 30 point deduction they'd be in with a shout of qualifying for Europe. If they win the conference league they'd qualify for the following season's Europa league. Still not really much of a punishment. Kick them out of the FA Cup and make it 40 points a season so they've got no way into European football for that period?
-
They'll pay morr tribute to that bloke that held the signs up than to Pac. They'd have to acknowledge that there are other wrestling companies out there to do that.
-
Has anybody lost as many matches as he did while he was WWE Champion? He's a heck of an athlete and has lasted much longer than anybdy thought he would given the state his knees must be in, but he's just having the same match he's almost always had in WWE at 80% of the original speed, or in a tag team so he can just hit his spots to pop the crowd. I'm sure the mask sales will be in safe hands with Penta and Rey Fenix on hand, or El Grande Americano. It's a testament to his longevity that the number of times they've tried to pension him off before with Sin Cara etc it's gone tits up and they've gone back to him. It's also weird that he's in the Hall Of Fame but still an active member of the roster.
-
I just saw a headline about a tribute when I opened Chrome. Absolutely shocking. He was fantastic in AEW. Heck he was good when they were trying to make him do all that Mighty Mouse nonsense in WWE. As echoed here 40 is no age. What a terrible, senseless loss. Thoughts go out to his family and friends.
-
Jennie Kwan, who played Samantha Woo in 90s Peter Engel kids' band TV teen show California Dreams is now the official voice actor for Chun Li in Street Fighter.
-
Since Train Sim World 7 seems to take up less space on my X-Box Hard Drive than Train Sim World 6 does I have space to install King Of Fighters: City Of The Wolves. It's got some weird mechanics I've not properly got the hang of. I'm just cracking through the arcade mode with everybody. I'm terrified to go online because I'll just get my arse handed to me. If I had a disc drive )good old Series S) I'd stick some Street Fighter Anniversary Collection on. I'll have to wait for a sale.
-
I ordered something the other day and the courier said they'd posted it through my letterbox with a picture of a completely dfferent front door. Happens loads with where I live. i'm on a walk, while there's a road with the same name as mine and the same, or a very similar postcode. On the upside apart from Domino's I can't get any takeaway ordered to me. There's always stuff like this though. I'm pretty sure there's still a bag of cat litter sitting in one of these similarly named houses described as "a neighbour". Fortunately Amazon can usually find me, and there are plenty of collection lockers and a post office nearby. It's still a massive pain in the arse though.
-
That's what happens when you don't wat something traditionally Hungarian. Orban might be gone, but they're still quite nationalistic.
-
That's shocking. I will admit that I've drafted a letter and then popped it through ChatGPT or Gemini just to see whether it can make it look more formal or businesslike, but I'll always proofread it again afterwards. What happened with the HR thing? Presumably a slap on the wrist.
-
It's an absolute banger of a song that. TV history.
-
Everton and Forest aren't huge global brands like City though. They're big clubs with rich histories, but they don't have City's resources. Or lawyers. I agree that they should have the book thrown at them, but they'll just keep everything tied up for so long that by the time it reaches that stage the CAS will say too much time has passed for any meaningful punishment to be issued apart from a fine. All relegating them is going to do is lead to a side that could have had a shot at automatic promotion having to try through the play-offs, or a side that could have gone up through the playoffs missing out because City are taking one of the top places. The financial repercussions for clubs affected by City getting relegated are potentially catastrophic depending on how far down the league you send them. On the flip side they'd potentially all get a day out at the Etihad, and some cash from that but would it be as much as they'd get if they were promoted? Plus, there'd be all that "Hello, hello, City are back, city are back." to put up with then they do get back to the Premier League. City will get a fine and a transfer embargo. Maybe a points deduction, but how many points do you deduct for it to actually mean something? 40? 50? Force them to liquidate the club and start again.
-
They'll get a fine.
-
How many Premier league strikers are there who've scored 0 goals?
-
If My Family can last as long as it did there's hope for anything, really.
-
I'm better at the letters round, to be honest.
-
I can't help but notice that God Only Knows by the Beach Boys is on that favourite songs list twice, but presumably hasn't been picked up on because of the different formatting of the way it was answered?
-
He's played for Scotland at under 21 level. He's presumably doing a spectacular job to have been called up from the bottom third of the Championship. He has scored this season, so will probably be off to the Premier League when the transfer window opens. He's likely trying to cement a spot in the squad while we've got players out with injuries, so will be playing his heart out.
-
I remember being introduced to this place by @air_raid, presumably when we went to that TNA show at the MEN. I've been at the same venue and show as other 'Keffers but have only ever been anywhere with Raiders. @FLipshelped me through lockdown. I'll always be grateful for that little streaming community we had at that time. I've also had some lovely wholesome interactions with loads of you chaps and chappettes. You're great people, even if you do have weied toilet habits. This place is fabulous. If any Blackburn based Keffers are free and we can find the time I'll gladly meet somewhere for a brew. Drop me a line.
-
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the one we'd gone to. Nowhere near where I am up Roe Lee. Properly good prices. Chips were pretty much done to order. Could even have had scraps if I'd asked. Went for a curry at Spice Garden after D&D last night with the rest of the party, and mentioned how good Zen Zen can be. Not a proper chippy, but the chippy stuff they do is good. They also do some interesting things like salt & pepper donner, donner fried rice and, my personal choice, donner chow mein. Curry sauce is decent as well. Definitely better to order ahead and pick up instead of ordering delivery though as a few times my mum and I would end up waiting 2 hours because of how popular they are.
-
I want to hate that Street Fighter movie, but it just leans into it and I can't bring myself to. I know I'm going to love it.
-
Stephanie Cole passed away yesterday aged 84. I remember her from Open All Hours and Still Open All Hours, but she'd been in a lot of other shows as well.
-
Cracked back on with Vampire Survivors on my Switch. I like how they have a CastleVania DLC and a Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night one as well. It does feel weird seeing the Among Us weapons turning up in the normal game mode as well. Still immense fun. Big change from trying to get the Danger 5 runs done on Brotato.
-
We went to a cracking place today called Bigger Fish To Fry. Really reasonable prices, they do John Bulls, and huge portions. Vicky and I split a large chips between us. They also do something called a Croft Dab as well, which I think is two dabs (scollops, potato fritters or whatever your regional parlance is) or two slices of potato sandwiching a slice of cheese and then battered. We're definitely going there again. My mate Ant is having to fly back from Colombia because of some nonsense with his visa. He'll be gagging for a chippy tea, so that may end up being Saturday otea. My late mum would approve on the anniversary of her passing.
-
He is an active Simracer as well. He's probably getting more time to do that now he isn't doing as many post race interviews etc. I still need to find either better clamps or a book or piece of wood to help me get my wheel better attached to the rig I bought, and maybe something to help it better grip the floor.
