-
Posts
10,205 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by LaGoosh
-
The wrestlers gimmick is that she's a Goddess and we should all bow down to her. So he's playing into the gimmick, presumably.
-
Did it?! I don't think it ever really took off as a big show. After the much hyped first episode directed by Martin Scorsese it barely got any mention anywhere and I have come across very few people in real life who had watched it. It's a truly excellent show, absolute peak TV drama but it never became part of the cultural fabric. Game of Thrones came out a year after Boardwalk's first season and instantly became the biggest thing going. The list as a whole like most lists of this kind is mostly shite with some ridiculous choices. I don't take any of it seriously. Everyone who matters knows this is the only best TV list with any real credibility:
-
It felt perfectly set up to happen when Mox was in the Continental Classic last year and turning babyface. I would have bet money on them having Mox lose the final then the rest of them turn on him. All the pieces were set up in the right place for it. Instead he won and the Deathriders have just...kept going... I love the matches, the entrances and everyone involved but they are just there now. No idea if they are good guys, bad guys or where any of it is going. Any turn now feels too little too late.
-
Ah yes, surprised I forgot about that. Probably because they never ran it on PPV and both matches were on TV, I think? The 1 hour draw and then the bloodbath rematch were both absolutely excellent.
-
That somehow makes it even worse. Cole was awful at this time. The MJF story is the only time he's ever been good.
-
Hangman's first challenger being that wet shite Adam Cole was a definite downgrade.
-
AEW have to contractually give them a minimum of 4 hours of TV per week. With All Out on Saturday they obviously can't do a normal Saturday Collision so they do an extra hour on Wednesday then use an hour of the Buy In as the other hour of Collision.
-
I read somewhere they get about 10k per contest with the winner getting a bonus. I'm sure whether or not 10k is enough to stand there like a wally and let someone give you a concussion is a judgement call that differs from person to person.
-
For all the criticism Tony Khan gets as a booker I don't think anyone could make a single argument against how brilliantly Sting was booked for his entire run. A masterclass.
-
Everyone rightly remembers Omega/Danielson but that Darby/Sting/FTR match was cracking. On the other end of the spectrum MJF vs Pillman is fucking awful. A spot on such a huge show against one of their top stars...Khan was right to never get behind Pillman. He sucks!
-
I found out ages after the fact that Guts was flatmates with my brother for several years which blew my mind - world's colliding! I never met him though.
-
I think everyone was enemies with that guy at some point. He was weirdly over the top hostile and if you disagreed with his opinion he would really take it personally to an insane degree. Though oddly enough he added me on MSN and was completely chill and easy to talk to on there. Eh, we were young and all posted a lot of rubbish stuff. I had loads of pointless arguments back in the day. I'm sure I'd die of cringe seeing dumb posts and arguments I made 15 years ago.
-
-
Definitely! And as an added bonus you get to join the Paid Members section where us cool kids talk mad shit about the rest of you*. What a place. Pretty much the only website I actually use every day. Every time it goes down I feel weirdly bereft. It's definitely my online home. In today's Internet where forums have mostly disappeared and been replaced by God awful social media communities I'm glad we're all still here. Best site on the Web. *not really! Well, maybe a bit.
-
Can't we all just hate Gabe Kidd for being fucking shite without the whole "wrestlers are terrible in real life" stuff? Because he's really fucking shite. Terrible, goofy promos, the lamest least convincing mad man gimmick and generic ring work. He reminds me of the type of bloke you see on a night out giving it the big'un to the bouncer outside a Vodka Rev who then gets knocked out after one slap. My thoughts on Dynamite pretty much match up with everyone elses. They've kind of shot themselves in the foot by announcing PPV matches everyone wants to see that they don't even really need to bother with TV until then. It's almost a nuisance. Everyone is already sold on All Out, I'd be keen to just skip right to it. Nick Wayne would definitely be much better going down the "Mummy's boy" character route. It's a great act and he has all the potential to be a brilliant undercard heel act. The problem is sadly acts like that don't usually get consistent pushes in AEW, he'd be off TV after a few weeks. Which is a shame. Equally Wayne himself might not be keen on tieing his career to his mother. Steven Borden is too handsome for words. It's a crying shame he's 35 and not 25 as even green as grass he's showing more understanding of babyface fire and how to get a crowd behind you then someone like Hook or Sammy Guevara have done their entire careers. I'm assuming they're setting up some kind of United Empire vs Deathriders/Dogs thing for Blood and Guts but I'm pretty bored of Deathriders in that match. I'd rather see The Don Callis Family in there for something different. They've feuds with enough people you could quickly and logically put together a super babyface team to face them. Off the top of my head - Darby Allin, Takeshita, Steven Borden, Speedball, Kenny Omega, Andrade.
-
This is so goddamn good.
-
That's exactly the type of bloody stupid comic book twist Cody loves. No wonder Tony Khan had to stick him in the Codyverse and keep him and his terrible ideas way away from the rest of the roster.
-
One of the best battle royals I can remember. Daniel Garcia is just such a great professional wrestler. Type of guy who just gets it and can get over in any situation. Good to see Eddie Kingston, hopefully he can get back on track because he's missed and would be a fine permanent addition to Collision every week. Chuck him in the Continental Classic this year! Worth also highlighting how bloody good Paul Wight was on commentary for this. He added so much to it. I hope he's a permanent fixture going forwards.
-
Current day is easily the Jon Moxley/Deathriders entrance. It was one of the things I was most excited to see at Wembley! Those opening ominous notes always get a huge "oh shit!" reaction then that badass rock instrumental starts and it sounds like something Jim Johnston would have made in his prime. Then you've got the guys coming out the bowels of the building from red darkness looking like a proper squad and they storm through the crowd with Marina Shafir just standing around like the ultimate badass. I love it so much. Especially when they do it in a unique looking venue.
-
The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...
LaGoosh replied to The King of Old School's topic in UK Fan Forum
TKO execs sneak into one episode of Dynamite then next thing you know WWE is putting on title matches on free TV with no selling of Canadian Destroyers - you love to see it. -
Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.
LaGoosh replied to Bellenda Carlisle's topic in Off Topic
I will say that Lanterns is nothing like True Detective whatsoever. -
Well his theme song did. I don't think he himself was actually over that much. People just enjoyed his entrance.
-
Comic Book and Superhero movie & TV discussion.
LaGoosh replied to Bellenda Carlisle's topic in Off Topic
I hate most comic book stuff but Lanterns on NowTV is very decent. It's got Damon Lindelof behind it so the writing is rock solid with loads of intriguing set ups and satisfying pay offs and twists. Kyle Chandler is brilliant in it. -
As someone who loves the F13 films I think you'd be mental to complain about changes to the "lore" as the lore in the films is dumb, barely makes sense and the films are mostly terrible and any continuity is pretty much ignored from film to film.
-
A difficult show to review because after seeing the beautiful moments with Rebel and the heartbreaking tribute to The Butcher everything else felt very insignificant in comparison. Everything else was fine/pretty good. The only negative was that this was a classic bad AEW venue - small, nondescript, half empty, low rent looking. Exactly the type of venue they should be avoiding.
