The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Now I just want Jericho to lose to Tanahashi to blow the doors wide open for New Japan & AEW cooperation.

Maybe I’m overthinking things but seeing that Jericho challenge posted by the official NJPW Twitter has really gotten my hopes up.

And with Omega and the Bucks seemingly going out of their way to mention New Japan on Youtube recently... maybe I’m a massive mark and I’m getting worked but... surely something is in the works here?

Think I must be the only one that doesn't want an AEW/NJPW working relationship. I just don't get why companies can't develop their own stars without having to cross over and rely on other companies. ROH took it for granted. Impact took it for granted. I don't even see why NJPW need to work with AEW. They have their own identity and are doing well enough for themselves. And AEW are so early on in their development that they shouldn't be thinking about tying themselves into another company too much either.

And I say all this as someone that watches both. I just want them to be good enough individually. 

19 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Think I must be the only one that doesn't want an AEW/NJPW working relationship. I just don't get why companies can't develop their own stars without having to cross over and rely on other companies. ROH took it for granted. Impact took it for granted. I don't even see why NJPW need to work with AEW. They have their own identity and are doing well enough for themselves. And AEW are so early on in their development that they shouldn't be thinking about tying themselves into another company too much either.

And I say all this as someone that watches both. I just want them to be good enough individually. 

I agree, but mostly because it opens the door for AEW to assume you have knowledge of a whole new load of wrestlers, completely lifting the need for them to build up their characters or gimmicks.

1 hour ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I spotted that the AXS deal had been cancelled on Twitter not long back but werent they on about opening a NJPW-USA or something? I could be completely wrong like

It's New Japan of America, weird name but hey. They have five shows next month.

No one other than the EVP's seem to be signed to exclusive contracts yet (and even they can do what they like). You've got MJF and Jimmy Havoc still twatting about in MLW so they can't be on much. And if Stadtlander is only wrestling 4 matches in a month for AEW it's not surprising she's still got other bookings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxsBkNdZah8

Edited by Philjax
yootoob

15 minutes ago, Callum1993 said:

AEW have signed Arn Anderson to manage Cody onscreen. Bit of a strange combo that. 

Cody doesn’t need a manager. Only thing that comes to mind is they are setting up Arn to turn on him, managing a younger talent in future 

1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

Cody shouldn't have any else turn on him for at least a year.

Why? It’s a solid system which will always pay off if it’s done well. It is a formula which has worked consistently for some of the biggest draws of all time. 

6 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Why? It’s a solid system which will always pay off if it’s done well. It is a formula which has worked consistently for some of the biggest draws of all time. 

Whilst I agree it makes sense for Cody to be more cautious w his trust. If he gets screwed again he may come off as a mug that can't see when people are playing him. Doesn't look good for a top face. Maybe I'm wrong.