Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

The started saying "local medical facility" to avoid the poor bastards at the local hospital dealing with loony wrestling fans. Very noble.

Hah, I didn’t know that. I thought it was one of those weird McMahon-speak quirks!

Posted
3 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

 

Also, somebody fiddled with audio levels and found out who the secret leader of the Dark Order is;

  Reveal hidden contents

Can this promotion get any more TNA? Bringing back Raven and having their disguised spoiler unraveled instantly by armchair audiophiles? Christ.

Oh...goody

So have WWE let the trademark for Bash at the Beach lapse? I would’ve thought they’d have that under lock & key with all the other WCW trademarks

So Mels a wrestler now, no longer just randomer from the crowd, and JR actively telling people “if you don’t know who Luther is, do some research” to cover the lazy writing, these are exactly the kind of things they should be making promo pieces for, and in turn you can trim matches so that their not all going 15ish minutes.

Saying that, it was still a better show than last week, Cody’s Don Johnson cosplay was a giggle although the promo was a bit flat.

Mox/Guevara was good and the beat down afterwards made sense and they did actually mention about Mox being a billy-no-mate’s, thinking that JR can be good when he wants to be, to then 5 minutes later come out with ”Well we we know that Cody has accepted the stipulations laid forth by Matthew Jakid Friedman”

Really enjoyed the PAC/Allin match and am looking forward to PAC v Long Jon Moxley

Posted

Enjoyable show.

Opening four way and both number one contender matches delivered and the six man tag was fine.

Mixed feelings on the Hangman stuff. Enjoying him becoming more distant from The Elite but the boozing aspect is a bit shit imo.

Woman's tag match was barely passable and never should have gone that long. Wasn't Kong originally meant to be in the match?

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I'm fine with the Dark Order leader, he's someone who can talk well but I hope he has a stylist that makes him not look like a sack of shit.

 

In fairness, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that they got said individual to record the voice-over as a red herring, knowing a large chunk of their fan base has the sort of time and energy needed to mess with the audio distortion. If it's not a misdirect, well |I suppose we'll have to see how that pans out but I don;t have high hopes for this angle.

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, mim731 said:

In fairness, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that they got said individual to record the voice-over as a red herring, knowing a large chunk of their fan base has the sort of time and energy needed to mess with the audio distortion. If it's not a misdirect, well |I suppose we'll have to see how that pans out but I don;t have high hopes for this angle.

Thing with that is, the person in question is quite a famous and popular wrestler to the modern fanbase. If they had Lanny Poffo doing the misdirection, I'd get it. But it makes to much sense with the gimmick and everything. And he'd probably make a good manager.

Posted
2 hours ago, mim731 said:

In fairness, it wouldn't be beyond the realm of possibility that they got said individual to record the voice-over as a red herring, knowing a large chunk of their fan base has the sort of time and energy needed to mess with the audio distortion. If it's not a misdirect, well |I suppose we'll have to see how that pans out but I don;t have high hopes for this angle.

Isn't that exactly what TNA did with axes and eights? They had this distorted voice that when you played with it was obviously Eric bischoff, but obviously that wasn't the end result. 

Posted
58 minutes ago, DCW said:

Tazz has boarded the gravy train, can't be any worse than JR I suppose.

https://twitter.com/AEWrestling/status/1217838923050881027

Michael Cole and Tazz were the two voices I’d hear every week on Smackdown when I started watching wrestling when I was a young teenager, so I’ve always been fond of his commentary and that team in a way a lot of people are fond of JR/Lawler.

So I’m pleased about this signing, and I’m curious to see where he fits in. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

It was a solid show. The only low point, as always, was the Brandi Rhodes stuff, but I've taken to just fast-forwarding the majority of stuff involving that lot.

I was a bit disappointing we didn't see anyone messing around with the beach set, throwing giant beach balls or something at each other, but hopefully that's just because they're saving it for the cruise next week. I'm praying we see guys fighting in cabins or getting thrown overboard or whatever.

Ideally, Moxley keeps the Metal Gear Solid eye patch for a while.He looked great in it!

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Supremo said:

It was a solid show. The only low point, as always, was the Brandi Rhodes stuff, but I've taken to just fast-forwarding the majority of stuff involving that lot.

My tastes in wrestling are pretty simple really, weaned on classic 1990's wrestling (like most of us in fairness.) 

I don't feel that every non-PPV match should be an absolute classic nor should the wrestlers even be striving for it to be. If its just a 5 minute bout, similar to the NWA, then that is fine in most cases.

With AEW I find the over long matches to be quite problematic and end up fast forwarding through quite a lot, especially the droning opening match that always lacks even the most basic psychology.

I really wish that Dynamire were a 90 or even 60 minute show rather than the two hours. They genuinely wouldn't have to lose any storyline development, just cut a bit on the over long matches. 

Edited by garynysmon
Posted

I don't mind longer matches if there's decent psychology. 

How much better the tag matches in AEW would be if they built to hot tags and psychology. I often FFwd the majority of tags because they are car crashes that seem never ending and repetitive. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...