The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Could be an unpopular opinion, but I can't get over what a shit gimmick/name "Best Friends" is for a tag team featured on national TV. Always think it looks ludicrous on a tag team tournament bracket or something like that.

That is, like too much of the AEW product, its meant to be an indy "in joke" that I'm unaware of the background to.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, Slapnut said:

I don’t get why Jericho keeps calling himself “le champion”. Is this some in joke I’m not familiar with?

I actually get a kick out of that.

That said, the opening match this week and the ridiculous "everyone standing around for ages to perform the multi man suplex" spot was another "modern wrestling really isn't for me" reminder.

55 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I actually get a kick out of that.

That said, the opening match this week and the ridiculous "everyone standing around for ages to perform the multi man suplex" spot was another "modern wrestling really isn't for me" reminder.

I was more put off by Nick Jackson just standing in the corner watching his brother take a 2 on 1 battering from Santana & Ortiz, waiting for whatever the next spot was

In terms of stoopid multi-man spotfests, the four way tag was enjoyable enough for me. Helps when this sort of match is the opener and the only thing like it all show. It peaked with the incredible Orange Cassidy spot and kinda fizzled out after. Been pleased with how they’ve incorporated Cassidy so far, he still pops the fuck out of me. Might’ve been his funniest spot yet. 

The story with Adam Page is exactly what the Elite and the dry tag division needed. He’s been bland since he’s AEW debut, so I’m chuffed to see Hangman start to show some character and resonate and put those puppy dog eyes to use. He’s doing the conflicted drunk gimmick quite well. I’m guessing him and Omega pick up the tag straps next week and continue the story as champions. Them vs the Bucks at the next PPV where they’ll pull the trigger on the split and finally move the belts onto the Bucks. Except I’d pull a SWERVE and have Kenny snap, V-trigger the shit out of his pathetic enabler mates, and finally let him blossom into the weirdo smug prick heel he always should’ve been.

Wasn’t a big fan of Cody’s promo. Dunno if it was the way he was dressed or his big entrance wearing thin, but that’s the first time his innate heel qualities have sorta drowned out anything likeable about him.

Absolutely loved the Inner Circle backstage interview. Wish we’d see more of the group pissing about like this and looking natural together. Ortiz is a great stooge and Sammy’s turning into a tv star. Jericho dressed like some Streets of Rage baddie was awesome.

PAC vs Darby was their best tv main event yet. Can’t wait for PAC vs Moxley. Thrilling seeing Moxley become the bad boy rockstar hunk he always should’ve been.

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

4 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Jericho has limited time left in the ring and is clearly motivated as fuck. Mox is the same but with more years left in the ring. They are the two biggest stars and Omega has spent years battering himself in Japan. Not hard to understand why they’d let Omega take it easy for a while before having him go back to the top of the card. Nakamura had done the same, but without actually going back up the card.

Taking it easy? He’s worked body-destroying matches with Moxley and Joey Janela, to name two examples from the top of my head.

I’ve not seen the guy’s Japanese matches, but he doesn’t strike me as someone who is playing it safe in ring in AEW. 

Edited by RedRooster

11 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Taking it easy? He’s worked body-destroying matches with Moxley and Joey Janela, to name two examples from the top of my head.

I’ve not seen the guy’s Japanese matches, but he doesn’t strike me as someone who is playing it safe in ring in AEW. 

I just was assumed he wasn’t landing on his head loads, which is a different type of risk than the lights out matches had. 

Jericho bloody baffles me. So much so that I cannot write down what I think of him as I am still trying to work it all out. 

In short he is either the greatest mind in the business or a complete loon. Honestly I just don't know.   

2 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

Jerichos been giving himself nicknames for years 

I know, my post was a bad attempt at a joke regarding all the ridiculous “I don’t know who this character is or why they call themselves this” comments.

It’s wrestling, it really doesn’t need that much thought.