The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

5 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Jericho bloody baffles me. So much so that I cannot write down what I think of him as I am still trying to work it all out. 

In short he is either the greatest mind in the business or a complete loon. Honestly I just don't know.   

He’s a disgrace of a man who doesn’t mind having a laugh at himself and is smart enough to turn negatives into positives. 

5 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

He’s a disgrace of a man who doesn’t mind having a laugh at himself and is smart enough to turn negatives into positives. 

I think that's the most important thing about Jericho over the years. Granted he clearly believes his own hype on some level, but he also knows how to convince others enough to be able to constantly reinvent himself successfully. He has a fantastic brain for the business and is one of those people that can adapt on the fly and really understand what works. Never to a level of Austin or Rock etc, but that doesn't matter. No one looks at him and thinks he's second rate. They just enjoy him for what he is - and that's where many others fail.

• Paid Members

In terms of "taking it easy", Omega worked one match apiece in May, June and July last year, two in August and September. Since Dynamite started, he's been working roughly once a week, with the rare exception of when he has a non-AEW booking. So still no more than 4 or 5 matches per month.

Compare that to working multiple days straight on a NJPW schedule, particularly around stuff like the G1, and it probably balances out even if he is still working high impact matches. 

Anyway, this week's episode still isn't up on the ITV Hub. Apparently it's on some mobile versions of the app, but not the TV version.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, garynysmon said:

I Sky+ it personally, so never encountered such issues.

I don't have Sky, or any kind of terrestrial TV, only streaming services, so ITV Hub or Fite TV are my only options to watch it. Fite TV is patchy for me, so don't want to pay for it if I don't have to, plus I can't get it on the telly in my bedroom, which is where I tend to watch AEW.

Surely the initial flurry of AEW promotion was due to ITV having a PPV to sell. Are they offering the February one? If so, I imagine it'll ramp up again for that. They're not going to bust a gut simply to plug a late night Friday ITV4 show.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, AshC said:

Surely the initial flurry of AEW promotion was due to ITV having a PPV to sell. Are they offering the February one? If so, I imagine it'll ramp up again for that. They're not going to bust a gut simply to plug a late night Friday ITV4 show.

I think the point being made is more to do with the fact that they haven't even been arsed enough to update the ITV Wrestling Twitter page since the start of December.

Yep it's a very strange thing to me. It's not like it needs to be all over their main channel pages. You would think they'd want to push the product though. Especially when their target market is actually one where social media interaction is important. Fox are great at it with WWE and even BT has been giving it a good go.

• Paid Members

hopefully AEW dont go the way of ITV's PPC boxing coverage. It started well as did AEW's, they promoted PPV's and put shows up on the hub but slowly shows started getting skipped over and eventually stopped getting shown altogether with no announcement or explanation.