The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Put the belt on him

All Elite Wrestling is expanding its roster as NJPW (New Japan Pro-Wrestling) star Lance Archer is reportedly in talks with the promotion. 

This is according to a report by Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated. It was noted that AEW confirmed to the media outlet that Archer is in high-level talks with the company.

Put the belt on him

Edited by TildeGuy~!

This week's Dynamite was probably the most I've enjoyed an episode. Wasn't perfect but it's fun to watch something that felt different but still had meaning. Plus I can't fault the crowd. Overall it was a nice change from the generally stale nature of weekly wrestling products.

16 hours ago, Supremo said:

How is Statlander's gimmick played on the Indies? Is she actually supposed to be an alien? It sounds like a fun idea but in typical AEW fashion nothing has ever been explained and it's almost as if they threw her on TV before deciding whether they actually wanted to use the gimmick or not.

I saw her on a couple of indy shows late last year and I had no idea her gimmick was that of an alien.  So either, it wasn't presented as such, or they did a really bad job of presenting it as such.  To me at those shows, her gimmick was - wrestler.  Bloody good one mind, but I had no impression of any kind of character.

Name dropping Stardom was both unexpected and awkward.

Hell's favourite harlot sounds indie as fuck imo. Brit is a bust even as a heel.

Coming around to insecure Adam Page.Still not a fan of the boozing but can't deny that crowd surfing while having a drink was a good visual.

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

Coming around to insecure Adam Page.Still not a fan of the boozing but can't deny that crowd surfing while having a drink was a good visual.

What I'm liking about it most is that he's drinking because of the anxiety, and that's what's driving his character. He had his big shot, he lost, and now he feels like he let everyone down and his friends don't see him on the same level as them. Sure, there's more of this on BTE, but it's pretty clear within Dynamite too. I'm liking him more every week.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

They just have to balance it out and not play it for laughs too much, there a serious real life relatable story there but is wrestling of all places the best place for it?

I mean, the last time we saw this angle someone tried to hang them self from the titantron, so the bar is pretty low already

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

I mean, the last time we saw this angle someone tried to hang them self from the titantron, so the bar is pretty low already

Yeah exactly, and when even Easy E regrets doing a drunk angle you know they're not the best idea.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, The King Of Swing said:

I suppose you could argue that Page doesn't (as far as I'm aware) have a real an publicly known drinking problem.

But yeah wrestling doesn't have the best record on that kind of storyline.

I don't think he does, but he did recently lose Hunter Horse Helmsley and that can affect a man