MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

13 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Just caught up with the past few weeks of TV. I found it very hit and miss, but there is some real talent there waiting to hit it big. Jungle Boy is a huge star witing to happen(although I'd use the Jack Perry name personally, maybe use the "Jungle Boy" name as a prefix?) 

I'm pretty sure that's what JR is doing with Jungle Boy, essentially. The first couple of times he called Jungle Boy matches, he was calling him "Jack Perry" and "Jungle Jack", and most of wrestling Twitter shouted him down for cocking up an AEW star's name. Then, as the weeks have gone, he's kept calling him "Jungle Jack Perry" and "Jungle Boy Jack Perry". He's most certainly read the criticism of him getting the name wrong, he's made comments here and there referencing it, but he keeps doing it.

So I think JR is coming from the angle of, "hey, we've got a talented kid with a well-known Hollywood name for a dad, why aren't we using it more?" They've started talking about Luke Perry more in Jungle Boy features as well. Seems strange that he's managed to get a handle on everyone's name by now except Jungle Boy.

Besides Emi Sakura, anyway.

They brought in the rest of the Perry family that one week too, I'd say they're now 100% going in that direction with him.

33 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

They brought in the rest of the Perry family that one week too, I'd say they're now 100% going in that direction with him.

Which is odd because in his video package he said he didn't want to be known as the Hollywood golden boy, Luke Perry's son...and that he wanted his own path etc.

14 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

Which is odd because in his video package he said he didn't want to be known as the Hollywood golden boy, Luke Perry's son...and that he wanted his own path etc.

He said that did he?  In a video package on tv?

"Please, nobody mention my famous Dad, Luke Perry.  I just want to be me, not famous Hollywood actor Luke Perry's son."

Hang on, JR is calling all the tag wrestlers (besides Jungle Jack) by the right names now? Even in his heyday, he wouldn’t have known which Young Buck was Matt and which one was Jeff. It was pot luck whether he could tell the Dudleys apart on any given night.

36 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Hang on, JR is calling all the tag wrestlers (besides Jungle Jack) by the right names now? Even in his heyday, he wouldn’t have known which Young Buck was Matt and which one was Jeff. It was pot luck whether he could tell the Dudleys apart on any given night.

Sometimes he'd struggle to tell you who was who in a singles' match.

He's terrible and yet he'll still be better than every commentator in WWE 2 years after he's dead.

Thank god for Joe Galli giving some hope that commentary has any sort of future.

6 hours ago, Loki said:

He said that did he?  In a video package on tv?

"Please, nobody mention my famous Dad, Luke Perry.  I just want to be me, not famous Hollywood actor Luke Perry's son."

Pretty much. In a video package, on the Road To The Bahamas YouTube video, just after the 7:40 mark.

He talks about how he wants to be as far away from the Hollywood kid image as he can be, and succeed or fail on his own merit. 

I assume that's why he's 'Jungle Boy', and not 'Jack Perry'. No matter how much JR pushes it.

If I were AEW I’d overrule him. Jack Perry is where the money’s at. Let him keep Jungle Boy as a nickname but JR’s definitely in the right here. 

Rewatching that (fucking incredible) video, I took him to mean he didn’t want anyone to know who his Dad was when he first started out, so he could either succeed or fail on his own. Now that he’s made it to the big dance, it sounds like he’s less bothered, safe in the knowledge that he didn’t get there based solely on who he was related to. Not that it really matters anymore though. The lad is money regardless. Of everyone on that roster, he’s easily the one guy I’m most excited about. The only downside from what I can see is how tempting it must be to rush his inevitable ascension to the top. He’s got it.

Check this out. I know it‘s too good to be true and almost certainly won’t happen, but fuck me, how great would it be if this was them writing out the Nightmare Collective and pretending the whole thing only existed in Brandi’s head?

Dallas as fuck.

Edited by Supremo

I’m definitely in the minority but I don’t see the upside in Jungle Boy, certainly not from a main event perspective. His mic skills need to improve pretty dramatically. His look is also very unspectacular. Don’t get me wrong, I love Jurassic Express, and Luchasaurus has tremendous potential...but at this stage I just don’t see ‘it’ in Jungle Boy. Am I the only person who feels this way?

Edited by RedRooster

51 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

"You were just working as a shitty barista" was a brilliant line, I must say.

Ripped off from "Book of Discarded Human League Lyrics"