The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

I’m sure Dave and the cool-aid drinkers will find a way to justify it.

Obviously they can do what they want to because it’s scripted, but you need your script to make sense. Perhaps putting the overall record as opposed to just the 2020 record would solve that

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Somebody posted similar a few weeks ago. They reset the records, not the rankings. If you were #1 at the end of 2019, you're not going to drop completely because you lose the first match of 2020. Maybe don't put the records on the graphic as it does look weird.

Chuffed to hear Yuka Sakazaki is returning to AEW next week within seconds I realised she’s probably only being brought in to job to Britt Fucking Baker

Have they brought in the Lucha Underground guy who did the vignettes? The MJF/Butcher/Blade video was a complete rip off if not.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

• Paid Members

Skippable show, to be completely honest. It wasn't worth waking up early for, but I wouldn't say no to watching it live in the evening.

Nothing really happened to push any stories forward unless you are looking at the minutia (Arn losing his cool, Britt ragging on JR, The Inner Circle attacking Darby) and the matches were fine.

There's some nice promos and video segments, and the Joey/Kip/Penelope spot was genuinely funny (a rare one for mainstream wrestling) but none of it is essential. Nothing was bad either, though the women's match bordered on it, and there's some fun moments but it's an episode that's definitely turning it's wheels whilst waiting to get back into the PPV orbit.  

They kept mentioning about Cody being the #3 Contnder to the AEW World Title. Does his match MJF have the stip where if he wins he can go for the belt again? If not, then Cody being the #3 contender is irrelevant.

Page sauntering out beer in hand long after Omega was really good.

Do you put the belt on Moxley at the PPV? He and Jericho are clearly their biggest stars and I think having Jericho as Champion for the TV debut was definitely the right call, but I think Moxley not coming away with the belt will bugger his momentum, especially if we’re waiting 3 months till the next PPV for a rematch, unless they decide to do that (with a title change) on Dynamite.

I fucking hate Bryce Remsburg

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Thought that was a solid episode of wrestling.

Woman's match wasn't great but the crowd were getting behind Big Swole by the end.

MJF did more to put Butcher & Blade over in one match than Excalibur has done since they debuted. Also like the little pre match video.

Cody Vs. Sabian and SCU Vs. TH2 were both entertaining scraps and the main event was solid.

Moxely'sopening promo did its job.

That kiss spot (immediately reminded me of Class of Nukem High) was probably Janela's best work in AEW. Yes that's a really low bar I know.

Happy to see Yuka back and I'd be amazed (sad wrestling face) if she does the job next week since she's the current TJPW champion. Maybe interference (try to get some heat on the Nightmare Collective perhaps) at a stretch but absolutely no chance of a clean loss.

Fuck it I even enjoyed Britt's promo this week. Glad that the Elephant in the room being Riho's absence is being addressed and unless she signs full time I don't see her holding the belt much longer to be honest.

That Pac video was fucking grade A good shit.

Edited by The King Of Swing

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

All depends on how Mox loses if he loses. It's difficult to make the decision to move away from Jericho as champion at the moment I think.

Yeah, I think the money has to be in Jericho having a long reign thanks to his lackeys, and him losing it to someone who'll be a made man as a result. Moxley doesn't need it, so it's just a question of how best to protect him in defeat.

Like others have said there was no major story advancements this week but lots of little stuff that I really enjoyed, plus a cracking little main event. The Judas Effect seemed lame at first but each time Jericho hits it I start to like it more and more. God, Jericho is so great.