MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

On 1/25/2020 at 12:34 AM, garynysmon said:

Dr Britt Baker can't do a promo for shit can she? I know she was a bit out of breath after her match, but the delivery in that attack on Schiavone was appalling.

Every time I see her entrance or the Dr Britt Baker DMD announcement all I think of is Stu in The Hangover and now shes a heel they need someone to use the Bradley Cooper line "she's a dentist, don’t get too excited and if someone has a heart attack you should still call 911".

I actually didn’t mind the Britt Baker promo. She didn’t come across as especially charismatic but it felt natural and she was acting a right bitch.

With the ranking order not resetting at the start of the year they just look daft now when presented like that.

I’m sure Dave and the cool-aid drinkers will find a way to justify it.

Obviously they can do what they want to because it’s scripted, but you need your script to make sense. Perhaps putting the overall record as opposed to just the 2020 record would solve that

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Somebody posted similar a few weeks ago. They reset the records, not the rankings. If you were #1 at the end of 2019, you're not going to drop completely because you lose the first match of 2020. Maybe don't put the records on the graphic as it does look weird.

People need to get over their Dave obsession.

Dark Order is dying on it's arse in front of crowds isn't it? Shame because I really like the non wrestling stuff.

Chuffed to hear Yuka Sakazaki is returning to AEW next week within seconds I realised she’s probably only being brought in to job to Britt Fucking Baker

Have they brought in the Lucha Underground guy who did the vignettes? The MJF/Butcher/Blade video was a complete rip off if not.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

Skippable show, to be completely honest. It wasn't worth waking up early for, but I wouldn't say no to watching it live in the evening.

Nothing really happened to push any stories forward unless you are looking at the minutia (Arn losing his cool, Britt ragging on JR, The Inner Circle attacking Darby) and the matches were fine.

There's some nice promos and video segments, and the Joey/Kip/Penelope spot was genuinely funny (a rare one for mainstream wrestling) but none of it is essential. Nothing was bad either, though the women's match bordered on it, and there's some fun moments but it's an episode that's definitely turning it's wheels whilst waiting to get back into the PPV orbit.  

Page was great again this week, both the "hold my beer" bit and the backstage nameplate rib on the Bucks. He's gone from stud to bore to the best thing on the show.