MPDTT

The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

45 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I really liked the idea of the venue, but the presentation wasn't great. Partly they were unlucky with the wind, although Hangman and Jungle Boy in particular were carrying off the windswept look in a way that made me and my other half slightly annoyed that the commentary is so straight and male. Kind of needed a Mitchell and Webb snooker-commentary-style "and there he is, hair gently swaying in the breeze, framing the bluest, most beautiful eyes... a vision of gentle manliness and, indeed, gentlemanliness... It'd make you wonder what it'd be like to... oh, and that's a bad miss."

"Wow, he hits a shooting star press, truly a thing of beauty and - Tony... it's happened again..."

"Darren, you'll just have to sit in it until the next interval."

2 hours ago, mim731 said:

I wonder how much curiosity over the location/aesthetic of that show played into things. I suspect a regular arena show, if it was on tape delay might not have fared as well against a live show, but that's testament to AEW taking a chance on doing something different! Good stuff. 

I think something that played a part was Omega and Page winning the titles. Anyone who had checked spoilers would have seen that and decided the show was worth watching.

5 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I think something that played a part was Omega and Page winning the titles. Anyone who had checked spoilers would have seen that and decided the show was worth watching.

That's probably a good shout, in fairness. Can definitely see a title change enticing those sitting on the fence to tune in.

1 hour ago, mim731 said:

That's probably a good shout, in fairness. Can definitely see a title change enticing those sitting on the fence to tune in.

Just ask Eric Bischoff

10 minutes ago, thescottishchamp87 said:

ITV Box Office has closed down so now the question is what will ITV do with AEW PPVs in the future

https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/01/itv-ends-pay-per-view-service.html?m=1

That probably explains why there has been no mention of the next PPV at all from them.

At a guess, ITV's deal with AEW was for PPV on Box Office only. If that is the case, they will either have to partner with someone else who does it (Hi Sky..) or we will be only able to show them on Fite.

What will be interesting is if there were two separate deals, one for Dynamite and one for PPV or just one for AEW products, If it is the former, could ITV drop Dynamite completely? 

I'd say Britbox but even then they'd have to split revenue with the BBC (if it was even substantial enough to warrant doing that to begin with), but as said above it makes less sense to have two separate deals. if that really is the case then there is no harm in taking a punt on either Netflix/Amazon UK as that would be a major feather they can sell to the US equivalents.

Aside that Sky is the safest bet as they have 2hr per week to fill instead of 9-10, but how eager are Sky to have a distant #2/3 company as a 'headline' acquisition?

Edited by seph

Most likely just be kept to the Fite app until AEW have their own streaming service. Does anyone know what percentage Fite take of sales? If they have a good deal there it might not even be worth starting a streaming service for a couple years

Dr Britt Baker can't do a promo for shit can she? I know she was a bit out of breath after her match, but the delivery in that attack on Schiavone was appalling.

WHY

IS

YOUR

CHAMPION

SELLING

FOR

MARKO

STUNT

Good show, apart from that (and the Britt Baker match which I didn’t really pay attention to). Omega and Page winning the titles is the right move, Jungle Boy continues to look good (although I’d have liked more of him and Jericho), and PAC is the best (was there a legit injury towards the end there? A lot of the ref talking to both of them towards the finish.)

So Jericho wrestles on the show, does commentary on the main event, does his own music and even provides the venue. That is what you call an asset!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

59D3A37E-E6D0-47FA-885E-E9F35DB96C18.jpeg.150b1c6136dd6c5c611b3ade59cd7048.jpeg

I am ALL IN on Moxley wearing an eye patch for the rest of his career. Looks great. I also got a kick out of him seemingly spending his entire time on the cruise getting pissed up and singing bad karaoke. Twitter is awash with his terrible singing. Love it.

Originally, it looked like Big Tony took the UKFF’s advice and split that brilliant, “Road To...” special into bite-size chunks that were aired throughout the show, but then I only realised afterwards that they could’ve just been used on the Fite feed during the American ad breaks. Can anyone who doesn’t watch on Fite confirm? Obviously it’s better to use them on Fite than not at all, but I still think stuff of that high quality should be getting plastered all over TNT.

Edited by Supremo

Just caught up with the past few weeks of TV. I found it very hit and miss, but there is some real talent there waiting to hit it big. Jungle Boy is a huge star witing to happen(although I'd use the Jack Perry name personally, maybe use the "Jungle Boy" name as a prefix?) as is the Luchasaurus if they play it right. MJF is probably the best pure villian in the game today and it's got to only be a matter of time before he breaks out, hasn't it?

One person who looks shocking, considering the how the promotion has positioned her is Brit Barker(apparently she is a dentist?). That post match promo she dit with Shiavone was pure amature, and there must be better options to take her position(especially as a heel).