The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

I'd say Britbox but even then they'd have to split revenue with the BBC (if it was even substantial enough to warrant doing that to begin with), but as said above it makes less sense to have two separate deals. if that really is the case then there is no harm in taking a punt on either Netflix/Amazon UK as that would be a major feather they can sell to the US equivalents.

Aside that Sky is the safest bet as they have 2hr per week to fill instead of 9-10, but how eager are Sky to have a distant #2/3 company as a 'headline' acquisition?

Edited by seph

• Awards Moderator

WHY

IS

YOUR

CHAMPION

SELLING

FOR

MARKO

STUNT

Good show, apart from that (and the Britt Baker match which I didn’t really pay attention to). Omega and Page winning the titles is the right move, Jungle Boy continues to look good (although I’d have liked more of him and Jericho), and PAC is the best (was there a legit injury towards the end there? A lot of the ref talking to both of them towards the finish.)

So Jericho wrestles on the show, does commentary on the main event, does his own music and even provides the venue. That is what you call an asset!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

59D3A37E-E6D0-47FA-885E-E9F35DB96C18.jpeg.150b1c6136dd6c5c611b3ade59cd7048.jpeg

I am ALL IN on Moxley wearing an eye patch for the rest of his career. Looks great. I also got a kick out of him seemingly spending his entire time on the cruise getting pissed up and singing bad karaoke. Twitter is awash with his terrible singing. Love it.

Originally, it looked like Big Tony took the UKFF’s advice and split that brilliant, “Road To...” special into bite-size chunks that were aired throughout the show, but then I only realised afterwards that they could’ve just been used on the Fite feed during the American ad breaks. Can anyone who doesn’t watch on Fite confirm? Obviously it’s better to use them on Fite than not at all, but I still think stuff of that high quality should be getting plastered all over TNT.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Just caught up with the past few weeks of TV. I found it very hit and miss, but there is some real talent there waiting to hit it big. Jungle Boy is a huge star witing to happen(although I'd use the Jack Perry name personally, maybe use the "Jungle Boy" name as a prefix?) as is the Luchasaurus if they play it right. MJF is probably the best pure villian in the game today and it's got to only be a matter of time before he breaks out, hasn't it?

One person who looks shocking, considering the how the promotion has positioned her is Brit Barker(apparently she is a dentist?). That post match promo she dit with Shiavone was pure amature, and there must be better options to take her position(especially as a heel).

13 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

Just caught up with the past few weeks of TV. I found it very hit and miss, but there is some real talent there waiting to hit it big. Jungle Boy is a huge star witing to happen(although I'd use the Jack Perry name personally, maybe use the "Jungle Boy" name as a prefix?) 

I'm pretty sure that's what JR is doing with Jungle Boy, essentially. The first couple of times he called Jungle Boy matches, he was calling him "Jack Perry" and "Jungle Jack", and most of wrestling Twitter shouted him down for cocking up an AEW star's name. Then, as the weeks have gone, he's kept calling him "Jungle Jack Perry" and "Jungle Boy Jack Perry". He's most certainly read the criticism of him getting the name wrong, he's made comments here and there referencing it, but he keeps doing it.

So I think JR is coming from the angle of, "hey, we've got a talented kid with a well-known Hollywood name for a dad, why aren't we using it more?" They've started talking about Luke Perry more in Jungle Boy features as well. Seems strange that he's managed to get a handle on everyone's name by now except Jungle Boy.

Besides Emi Sakura, anyway.

33 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

They brought in the rest of the Perry family that one week too, I'd say they're now 100% going in that direction with him.

Which is odd because in his video package he said he didn't want to be known as the Hollywood golden boy, Luke Perry's son...and that he wanted his own path etc.

14 hours ago, iPumaPants said:

Which is odd because in his video package he said he didn't want to be known as the Hollywood golden boy, Luke Perry's son...and that he wanted his own path etc.

He said that did he?  In a video package on tv?

"Please, nobody mention my famous Dad, Luke Perry.  I just want to be me, not famous Hollywood actor Luke Perry's son."

Hang on, JR is calling all the tag wrestlers (besides Jungle Jack) by the right names now? Even in his heyday, he wouldn’t have known which Young Buck was Matt and which one was Jeff. It was pot luck whether he could tell the Dudleys apart on any given night.

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, King Pitcos said:

Hang on, JR is calling all the tag wrestlers (besides Jungle Jack) by the right names now? Even in his heyday, he wouldn’t have known which Young Buck was Matt and which one was Jeff. It was pot luck whether he could tell the Dudleys apart on any given night.

Sometimes he'd struggle to tell you who was who in a singles' match.