UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Awards Moderator
3 hours ago, Just Some Guy said:

It's there now.

Edit: Are you sure, @Just Some Guy? It’s still not there for me.

Looks like some tennis overran last night so they didn’t air it on ITV4 as scheduled either. I hope they put it on soon.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

@JNListeris the man to ask.

To quote him from an old post re old Itv regions:

"Central showed tapes from several US promotions, including Professional Wrestling from Florida (from the first half of 1989), Global Wrestling (Florida version, not the later Dallas group), and matches from the AWA/World Class/Memphis partnership of late 1988"

Edited by Tommy!
Quote from the wrestling classic board

Central was the region I lived in and I don't recall us ever getting shows from the AWA/World Class/Memphis partnership (not to say we didn't).

I can remember the Rhodes PWF from '89, Global with the likes of Dr. Red Roberts, Death Row and the Soul Patrol, ICW with Kevin Sullivan, Mark Lewin, Bruiser Brody and Blackjack Mulligan, even old Mid-Atlantic, just not that.

7 hours ago, BigJag said:

I distinctly remember that Fantastics music Video being shown on some late night ITV wrestling show. The one where their dressed in some weird top hat getup. Which promotion would that have been from?

I think that was one of Joel Watts’ innovative music videos from Mid South Wrestling. 

In a question I thought I’d never ask......:

Did Rick Rude have major cock issues ?

Reading Brutus Beefcake’s book at the moment and he mentions Curt Hennig suggested to Rick Rude to inject steroids into his cock as a rib.

Rude done it and it caused him big problems it seems.

I remember Honky Tonk Man said that Rude died without a cock as it had to be amputated , which I assumed was bollocks (pardon the pun).

Anybody know what the actual story was ?

11 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

In a question I thought I’d never ask......:

Did Rick Rude have major cock issues ?

Reading Brutus Beefcake’s book at the moment and he mentions Curt Hennig suggested to Rick Rude to inject steroids into his cock as a rib.

Rude done it and it caused him big problems it seems.

I remember Honky Tonk Man said that Rude died without a cock as it had to be amputated , which I assumed was bollocks (pardon the pun).

Anybody know what the actual story was ?

Honky is known for talking shit and basically trying to work anyone interviewing him for shoot interviews etc. No real idea about Rude but i'd guess if he had major problems they would have been more common knowledge by now.

• Paid Members

absolutely pissing myself at the idea that, like how allegedly the only way anyone knew something was up with Kerry Von Erich's fake foot is that "he never took his boots off in the locker room any more, brother", Rick Rude became a Never-Nude in 1989.

I'm trying to find a match I remember reading about in a mate's copy of WCW Magazine as a kid. Here's what I remember (at least some must be misremembered):

• there was a LOT of blood in the photos
  • they fought at the WCW.com table, used keyboard or laptop as a weapon
  • I'm sure it was for the title of WCW Commissioner
  • Ric Flair or Terry Funk was probably in it 
  • it would have been late 90s/early 00s
  • it was not the Terry Funk/Kevin Nash Souled Out match

Anyone have any guesses? I can't find any PPV match that fits. Would a TV match have had a 2 page write-up?

• Moderators

The Greatest Ernest The Cat Miller may well have been involved as he was forever losing and gaining the commissionership from summer of that year. 

Off the top of my head he lost it to Mike Sanders, Lance Storm (don't see him blading everywhere though), did he ever feud with Shane Douglas over it?