UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

43 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Outside of WWE, AEW and Impact, are any other promotions available to watch on UK TV at the moment?

My mate reckons he came across a promotion that wasn't either of those three the other night while he was channel-hopping pissed up but I reckon he's talking shit. 

Championship Wrestling from Hollywood was on Fight Network at one point, but I don’t if that’s still the case and RevPro and MLW were both on FreeSports at one time but I’m quite sure those deals finished quite some time ago, so unless it was a repeat or he’s mistaken NXT:UK on Channel5/Paramount for an entirely separate promotion

Has there been many cases of wrestlers buying gimmicks off other wrestlers or even wrestlers paying to be made champion ?

The two examples I can think of was when Jack Evans bought the “Bliztkreig” gimmick off of Jay Ross in the early 00’s.

Didn’t the Colorado Kid pay out of his own pocket like 10k to be made NWA champion in the mid 90’s thinking he would likely make more money as a champ ???

There has to be more cases than that ?

• Paid Members
19 hours ago, RancidPunx said:

Didn’t the Colorado Kid pay out of his own pocket like 10k to be made NWA champion in the mid 90’s thinking he would likely make more money as a champ ???

I'm sure I read somewhere that he just paid a deposit, like most former NWA Champions, to make sure he wouldn't shit on the title. Shane Douglas wasn't asked to put anything down so it would make sense that they were a bit wary after that.

I'm sure the same story went around about the new Sheik, who won it after all the shit with Cabana and Pearce. Of course the NWA was on it's arse in both those periods so they might well have just seen an opportunity for a payday.

Supposedly Giant Baba's reigns all came from him paying Jack Brisco and Harley Race to drop the title without Alliance permission though.

18 hours ago, The Dart said:

The Patriot ? 

That was funny. Tom Brandi said he'd bought the gimmick from Del Wilkes. Wilkes came out and said "No, you didn't. You stole it" and then Brandi basically goes "Ah, you weren't using it anyway". Supposedly Honky Tonk Man has dressed people up as the Patriot for tours and signings as well.

I doubt there's many instances of wrestlers actually buying gimmicks because it's just so easy to steal them.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

Is there a list of the stuff thats free on WWE Network?

Dunno but if you install the app, everything that isn't has a padlock on it. Often most of the home page, particularly the "best of" collections are in the free tier.

47 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Dunno but if you install the app, everything that isn't has a padlock on it. Often most of the home page, particularly the "best of" collections are in the free tier.

Cheers. I did notice that, just thought I'd ask as I didn't want to waste my time scrolling through PPVs and TV shows just to find out none of them are watchable. They say there's 15,000 free titles, so I thought they may have had a section with them all listed to save having to to spend ages browsing for them.