UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

When watching matches from the World of Sport era, I've noticed Kent Walton make some fleeting references to American and Japanese wrestling (Spiros Arion headlining MSG and even Vince McMahon being mentioned). Was there much in the way of coverage of US wrestling in the pre Sky era? I know WWF turned up on ITV and Screensport had AWA but what about before cable came around?

On 1/24/2021 at 4:11 PM, Cutting Edge of Bluntness said:

When watching matches from the World of Sport era, I've noticed Kent Walton make some fleeting references to American and Japanese wrestling (Spiros Arion headlining MSG and even Vince McMahon being mentioned). Was there much in the way of coverage of US wrestling in the pre Sky era? I know WWF turned up on ITV and Screensport had AWA but what about before cable came around?

Don't quote me (there will be far bigger experts) but I think highlights of the Ali / Inoki fight may have been shown as part of WOS. 

Also the Boxing and Wrestling News magazine was sold quite widely here from the 60's to the 70's which featured most US promotions.

1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

Does any one know why British Bulldog wasn’t in the first SmackDown! game? It seems to cover the period he was in the WWF (and main evented a PPV title match), and released before Bulldog left the WWF in mid-2000.

From what I can recall he was originally in the game but they had to remove him when they found out he kept winning whether he wanted to or not.

spacer.png

Just watched some clips on youtube of a childhood favourite film of mine - The Barbarians.

IMDB has them billed as being from Hartford, Connecticut. I wonder if Vince ever considered having Peter and David Paul on a show, they seem to tick a lot of boxes.

• Paid Members

What are some of the better Elimination Chamber matches? I’ve seen the first one at Survivor Series and the Summerslam one with Goldberg but I think that’s it. May as well make the most of my Network subscription and catch up on some good ones!