UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Was Big Boss Man ever, even once, on a b show, even in passing, ever referred to as Top Boss Man? 

Back when my dad used to get the WWF recorded from Sky from a friend when I was about 8 years old, I seem to remember seeing him and the caption on the screen said "Top Boss Man". 

Did this happen, or have I got the weirdest case of false memory syndrome? 

16 hours ago, eugenespeed said:

Was Big Boss Man ever, even once, on a b show, even in passing, ever referred to as Top Boss Man? 

Back when my dad used to get the WWF recorded from Sky from a friend when I was about 8 years old, I seem to remember seeing him and the caption on the screen said "Top Boss Man". 

I wonder if it was from one of the European tours - I seem to recall that the captions on some of the TV shows there (later shown on US TV shows) had a bit of dodgy translation at times. 

• Moderators
16 hours ago, eugenespeed said:

Maybe there's a (hilarious) subconscious muddling with the Top Cat thing, which was retitled Boss Cat over here because there was a Top Cat brand of cat food.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

What was Konnan's (original) entrance theme in ECW? 

I have searched but can't find the answer.

Don’t know how accurate it is but this site has him coming out to ‘Murder Was The Case’ by Snoop Dogg.

https://smacktalks.org/forums/topic/9624-ecw-themes/

Edited by wandshogun09

• Awards Moderator
36 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Can some one tell me which episode of the SCG podcast is it that they read out Ian's email about Shane Douglas? The Hahaha cut the fucking music one. 

Ta in advance. 

I think that was #58, The Most Hated World Title Reigns Ever.

But the Shane Douglas content (which Liam's rendition of might be my favourite SCG moment ever) was originally a brilliant @PowerButchipost on here, rather than one of Ian's.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Did WCW have genuine high hopes for Joe Gomez? It never seemed like he was going to be pushed to the moon or anything but his comeback in 1996 had a little weight to it.

I have zero memory of this but if it was right before he lost to Mongo at Bash at the Beach, it’s possible it was just to make it seem a bigger deal.

In fairness I have zero memory of his whole career apart from that match and a loss to Hugh Morrus & Konnan tagging with Renegade on a Nitro which was a poor attempt at making the Dungeon look a threat to the Steiners with Slamboree just round the corner.

I miss 96-98 WCW.