UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

I hope I haven't missed an existing new thread for questions, if so feel free to delete. I've also tried to give us some continuity with the title. To get us rolling:

Who are the two South Asian looking lads shown in the final episode of the Last Ride documentary? They're sitting around a table at the Performance Centre with Undertaker and a load of big guys when Taker is "teaching", they also look like they could be brothers.

I presume they're trainees there but would love to know some names and details.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Can anyone tell me the episode of Raw that came closest to beating Nitro in ratings points during the 83 weeks? 

1996-08-05 was a 2.8 vs a 3.0

1998-04-06 was a 4.4 vs a 4.6

I'm sure those two would have been the closest during those 83 weeks, but there were closer outside of that like a few tied weeks.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Regal in his book says his favourite match of his career was vs Edge in Japan. Is this match on the WWE Network ? 

All I can find is grimy clips on Dailymotion and it looks fun. Is it worth searching out ?

Looks like it was shown on a Japanese TV station but isn't on WWE Network.

• Paid Members

I’d have been interested to see that Regal vs Edge match because I remember finding their little series of matches in late 2001/early 2002 quite dull and underwhelming. Was this Japan match from that time or later on? 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Hope this is OK to ask.

What did Ric Flair say in the final Nitro promo that was cut from his WWE DVD release and was there any reason?

Thanks

Did they cut out all of it or portions?
All I can remember from the live broadcast is Flair claiming they ran neck and neck with the WWF for years and talking about the legends.

1 hour ago, garynysmon said:

Did they cut out all of it or portions?
All I can remember from the live broadcast is Flair claiming they ran neck and neck with the WWF for years and talking about the legends.

There definately is a cut; I think the neck and neck comment was included in the WWE DVD

21 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

I’d have been interested to see that Regal vs Edge match because I remember finding their little series of matches in late 2001/early 2002 quite dull and underwhelming. Was this Japan match from that time or later on? 

I believe its from the same time. He talks about how people found their series underwhelming but he loved them. 

On 7/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, Hugh Thesz said:

Hope this is OK to ask.

What did Ric Flair say in the final Nitro promo that was cut from his WWE DVD release and was there any reason?

Thanks

I've not seen the DVD but I imagine it is the part where he talks about how Vince McMahon Snr voted for Ric to become the NWA World Champion. Probably a combination of it being a bit too kayfabe breaking and because it refers to a time when WWWF was still part of the NWA.