UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

I’m struggling to find any details online about when ECW Hardcore TV aired on the Bravo channel over here.

Does anybody here remember any specifics?

And also: Was it the most up to date stuff directly from America or were they older episodes being shown?

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, dopper said:

I’m struggling to find any details online about when ECW Hardcore TV aired on the Bravo channel over here.

Does anybody here remember any specifics?

And also: Was it the most up to date stuff directly from America or were they older episodes being shown?

In 1998 much of the content I remember them airing was from around Ultimate Jeopardy, High Incident and November To Remember 96. There’s a big hole in my memory but by 2000 I think the stuff was about a month old. I remember catching the episode where Dreamer/Tanaka win the tag belts and a Gedo/Jado vs Impact Players match copied from ECW on TNN, and carried on watching up until the build to NTR 2000.

• Paid Members

Bravo's coverage of ECW was sketchy for a while, years old shows, sometimes the advertised "ECW" in the TV guide ended up being old USWA or some other promotion altogether (I have vivid memories of being burned by that a few times and being gutted). We were definitely getting (just a few weeks old) Hardcore TV consistently from late 99 on, but before that who knows?

I miss Emily Booth.

• 2 weeks later...

When Balor's shoulder came out in the inaugural Universal title match against Rollins, and he popped it back in mid-match, would/should he have known it would require surgery? Is there an argument they should have called an audible so as not to kibosh the momentum of the first person to win it, or was the story of him being the first champion more important?

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, hallicks said:

When Balor's shoulder came out in the inaugural Universal title match against Rollins, and he popped it back in mid-match, would/should he have known it would require surgery? Is there an argument they should have called an audible so as not to kibosh the momentum of the first person to win it, or was the story of him being the first champion more important?

Not necessarily. I know a guy who has two fucked shoulders - his "bad shoulder" can dislocate with very little provocation, but he's able to just force it back in with no ill effect. But if his "good" shoulder dislocates, as it has done a couple of times now, he needs to go to hospital to have that one sorted. Balor might have thought it was more manageable than it was.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Has there been any indication why this week’s episode of AEW isn’t on the ITV Hub yet? Looks like it was on ITV4 as normal last night but not up to stream yet.

(sorry if it’s been mentioned in the AEW thread, not going in there so I can avoid spoilers)

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Has there been any indication why this week’s episode of AEW isn’t on the ITV Hub yet? Looks like it was on ITV4 as normal last night but not up to stream yet.

(sorry if it’s been mentioned in the AEW thread, not going in there so I can avoid spoilers)

It's there now.