-
Posts
15,021 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by air_raid
-
Oh please. I live on P******* Lane in an area of Greater Manchester. One time Amazon marked an order delivered “in advance” that never turned up - did you know they’re allowed to do that? - and they actually taken it to P********* Street in fucking Newcastle.
-
I’ve thought long and hard about the 115 charges and I think the only fair outcome is to relegate Chelsea to League 2 and strip them of all trophies won during the timeframe.
-
My otherwise delightful colleague used “ripping off the band aid” in reference to a difficult customer interaction the other day, despite not being American.
-
Just looking at that reminds me there’s a Battleworld out there somewhere where the Mean Girls heel group is Tiffy, Chelsea and Blake.
-
I stumbled upon “PowerSlap” and genuinely thought it was referring to some kind of homage to Power Slam. Back in the day it could have been the companion piece. An email supplement for news tidbits too brief and numerous for the mag proper.
-
I think the latter. Technically he wasn’t in the WCW Cruiserweight division from the very start but it only really exploded once he started knocking out a banger every week on Nitro.
-
You could all do with starting with Paul Robinson for an extra 1 from GK.
-
Could be worse. Could be Sunstreaker, Hound, Huffer or Bluestreak, on that bridge doing repairs with Kup, assumed killed without confirmation. Or from my perspective, Sideswipe who I thought was coolest as a kid, scene left on the cutting room floor. Of Wheeljack, I assume everyone who’s a big enough Tranny to visit this thread knows it was originally drafted to be Smokescreen and in the wide shot of Arcee dragging Windcharger and Springer struggling with the missile launcher, you can see Smokeys corpse in the corner?
-
Jesus fucking Christ. If you offered me 17th now, I’d take it.
-
No doubt I’ve talked about it before but mine was too in terms of ones I actually owned, bought with my own pocket money from John Menzies having promised myself I wouldn’t start with anything older than Mania VI having borrowed that and Survivors 90/91/92 from my mate Simon and/or his sisters video shop. My second was Rumble 93, keen to do somewhat of a catchup having learned Bret had just lost the belt in my first issue of Superstars Of Wrestling which actually predated my first purchase of WWF Magazine (the one with the gay Lex cover). I remember vividly my first big haul of six tapes was WrestleFest 93, Invasion Of The Bodyslammers, Rumble 91, WrestleManias Greatest Hits (Sovereign Series) and SummerSlams 88 and 93. I’ve never recovered from the secret orgy filming from the very end of SummerSlam 88 as wonderfully described by our Ian that time. Blistering.
-
Lovely pillows was Boydy. He was from Kidderminster, so I always think of him whenever Morrissey sings “in a darkened underpass I thought Oh God my chance has come at last” in There Is A Light That Never Goes Out.
-
I can understand and sympathise when people aren’t sure if they should use (example) “Withnail and I” or “Withnail and me” in their sentence. The sentence usually passes for making sense and only true grammar snobs like me notice. However… thanks to the telly I’ve noticed an increasing number of stupid Americans (isn’t it always?) saying (example) “Withnail and I’s” plans/friends/whatever. It triggers me how dumb it sounds, like their brain didn’t kick in before it left their mouth. Take Withnail away, whose plans are they? My plans, you’d never say “I’s plans” would you, you thick twat?
-
We all know that in reality, the finest forum in the history of Our Great Sport can trace its lineage back to 1908.
-
-
Friendly reminder that by a country mile the worst consequence of the reunion has been The Crowd Was Singing Wonderwall. This article pretending it’s some work of genius comes a close second. Trigger warning - the writing is so shitty, it might make you shit your own head off. https://whenthehornblows.com/content/2026/7/15/the-script-the-crowd-was-singing-wonderwall
-
The first that came to my mind was Demolition, but then I realised it was mostly to do with the music and that wasn’t the only criteria. OK, and look. Aura. Pop when babyfaces. OK fuck it, Demolition are my first shout. Secondly, I have a real soft spot for The Sandman entrances circa 96-97 before he started getting fat. Take away what you thought of him when the bell rings or even if you like him, and there was nothing quite like the pop you would hear in a hardcore ECW building at the opening bars of Enter Sandman then he’d come sauntering through the crowd, synching popping his tinny to the music, crowd getting increasingly rabid in their support, opponent(s) a total afterthought, a hero in their midst. Even though I wasn’t a gigantic fan of his, when I think about live shows I went to where the start of an entrance sent a nostalgic/excited buzz through me, in terms of western wrestling I think only Hogan coming out to Eye of the Tiger would eclipse how psyched I was experiencing ol Jim do an Enter Sandman entrance live for the first time. Pal and sometime keffer tsve was even recipient of one of his beers as I gawped with envy. Thirdly, finally, and obviously not a Pointless answer… Ric fuckin Flair as heel World Champ circa late 80s/early 90s before he fell out with Herd and went Up North. For me there is NOTHING like that music kicking up, Slick Ric swanning down, valet and/or fireworks optional. Styling and profiling, looking like only he can look. Crowd buzzing with that unique sound of “We should boo this heel but damn, isn’t he good?” A little pirouette in his robe on the ramp, and GMC giving it to you ; ”From Charlotte, North Carolina, Weighing two hundred and forty-three pounds, And for the SIXTH time he is THE! WORLD! HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!…. Nnnnnnmature Boy, Riiiiiiic Fllllair!!!” Time stopped. Nothing else mattered. You can easily forget who he was wrestling. Fuck John Cena, the champ WAS here. Nobody carried an aura of “this is the yardstick” like Flair. To be the man, you’ve gotta beat the man. Diamonds are forever… and so is Ric Flair. WHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! * Ric Flair is a horrific sexpest and as a human being I detest him.
-
Don’t start. Our MD got air con fitted because our office gets sweltering hot in summer time. If (God forbid) we’re ever all happy with the temperature itself but knock the air con off and open windows to let fresh air because it’s getting a bit ripe, when he comes in he immediately shuts the windows and knocks the air con back on complaining about “We’ve paid for it for you to not use it.” Nutter.
-
“Got them BOIIIS!” ”OMG” ”Unreaaal” ”Yes lad” etc IYKYK.
-
-
Hunters always had an identity crisis. He started crotch chops and making dick jokes because he wanted to be more like HBK. He simultaneously grew mutton chops because he wanted to be Harley Race and started wearing suits because he wanted to be Flair, combined with being given his own Four Horseys to lead. Latterly he shaved his head bald because he wanted to look hard like Steve Austin or Bill Goldberg. He’s always been more comfortable as a second rate someone else than just being himself - whoever that is. Who he’s trying to emulate (subconsciously, probably) with that new do, gentle readers, I’ll leave to you to speculate.
-
And this time it would be the real belt too.
-
As in pay through app and just walk out rather than just scan on app then transfer to a till? If if I sound incredulous it’s because after a couple of months of just thinking it was the app glitching or poor connectivity we found out that as long ago as May the stores were telling people it was being removed and there’s even mention of it being removed on M&S’ site. Lucky you if you did.
-
M&S got rid of the feature where you can scan shopping on the app and pay from your phone without having to queue for a self checkout.
