UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
9 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

I'm looking for a segment, and the story of it, but I can't find it anywhere. A friend sent this TikTok video of it, but he can't find it either.

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZSVQ9hhg/

Anyone got any idea what this was about? Or when it happened?

The unveiling of Vinces son isn't it? When it turned out to be Hornswoggle (it should have been the Sandman). 

There's no full set but i've got a stack of blank discs that are all shows from during then after the three DVD sets that I think go up to the Philly move, but i'd have to put myself through watching them to be sure. I'll check whats written on em though. I think it's up to about 02, not sure anybody lasted much longer archiving after that TBH. I know ye olde tape trader Wild Bill Brown had tons of em.

Edited by Cannibal Man

I'd say he probably shades being a face longer. Maybe as close as a 55/45 percentage split, but surely no more than a 60/40 split (the greater percentage being as face).

Came in as a heel. Turns face. Turns heel on Hogan in early '89. Turns face in earlyish '91. And remains that way til his exit in late '94.

Give or take months here or there, I'd say his face duration is roughly equivalent to 4 years and his heel duration to be roughly 3 years.

2 hours ago, Mikeymike83 said:

I'd say he probably shades being a face longer. Maybe as close as a 55/45 percentage split, but surely no more than a 60/40 split (the greater percentage being as face).

Came in as a heel. Turns face. Turns heel on Hogan in early '89. Turns face in earlyish '91. And remains that way til his exit in late '94.

Give or take months here or there, I'd say his face duration is roughly equivalent to 4 years and his heel duration to be roughly 3 years.

Completely open to correction on this and I’m counting full months .....

Heel June 85 to Oct 87 ( 852 days)

Face :Oct 87 to Feb 89 (489 days)

Heel :Feb 89 to March 91 (758 days)

Face : Dec 91 (when he was reinstated after retirement )to Oct 94 (1,035 days)

Total Heel : 1,610 days 

Total Face : 1,524 days

Very very possible I’ve completely made a balls of it all btw....

Edited by RancidPunx

1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

Completely open to correction on this and I’m counting full months .....

Heel June 85 to Oct 87 ( 852 days)

Face :Oct 87 to Feb 89 (489 days)

Heel :Feb 89 to March 91 (758 days)

Face : Dec 91 (when he was reinstated after retirement )to Oct 94 (1,035 days)

Total Heel : 1,610 days 

Total Face : 1,524 days

Very very possible I’ve completely made a balls of it all btw....

I stand corrected.... partly!

I didn't realise how early he started with the company. I've had it in my head it was '86. But never mind, that bit I'm wrong on.

Personally, however, I would go from WM7 as his face turn. But, I won't argue with your saying it was his reinstatement as an active wrestler. All interpretive I guess!

Edit: I'm of the opinion he was equally adept at either side of the good guy/bad guy spectrum. I'd edge towards face though, he was my favourite good guy (And probably overall) when I first got into wrestling in '91. So my heart always leans towards the Macho Man as a babyface wrestler.

Edited by Mikeymike83
Extra content

Odd one. But I'm curious as to what thickness the plates are on the old 90s WWF title belts. I see a lot of replicas around and those vary in thickness (4mm, 6mm, 8mm). And the Euroshop replicas are awful and not thick at all. Just curious how the thickness of all these compares to the real deal belts.