UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, waters44 said:

What are some of the better Elimination Chamber matches? I’ve seen the first one at Survivor Series and the Summerslam one with Goldberg but I think that’s it. May as well make the most of my Network subscription and catch up on some good ones! 

New Years Revolution 2005 and 2006 are good. 2006 is a personal favourite. Starts off with Michaels vs Angle. You have the team  who should’ve won tag gold in Chris Masters and Carlito in there. Plus there was an historic aftermath. 

Don’t bother with December to Dismember unless you’re curious. It’s deflating once CM Punk goes out early.

Pretty much all of them from 2008-2014 range from decent to very good and have a lot of fun moments. The 2009 Smackdown Chamber match has an awful few minutes of Big Show and Kozlov beating up Jeff Hardy but also has a good finish with HHH vs Undertaker. 

The network era matches haven’t been great. Got a few tag title matches, an IC title match that fell apart until Dolph Ziggler just straight up stopped everyone to get it all back together. 

For network era ones though, the 2017 match with the new structure was quite good. 

Now I want to watch the Chamber matches now I’ve resubscribed for the month.

That 2019 match is a testament to Bryan’s ability to make someone shine.

Kofi went from just being a guy doing his annual convoluted ‘not eliminated’ spot in the Rumble the month prior, to everyone saying that he had to win the title at Wrestlemania the following month. He’d had a good showing in a Gauntlet Match on Smackdown, but this really elevated him in the eyes of the fans. Much like with Santino, Bryan gave him just the right amount to make you think that they could actually win, something which no-one was clamouring for at the start of the year.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 2 weeks later...

Who is in charge of the promo classes at WWE’s Performance Center?

I’ve heard countless interviews where people who have passed through there talk about when Dusty Rhodes would be doing them, but he passed away over five years ago.

• Paid Members

Re : Elimination Chambers - after the first three, which are all excellent in different ways, my favourites are both the 2010 matches for laying the table excellently for Mania, even if the SmackDown one suffered a little from being predictable not only as to who was going to win, but how.

On 2/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, TheBurningRed said:

2006 is a personal favourite. Starts off with Michaels vs Angle. You have the team  who should’ve won tag gold in Chris Masters and Carlito in there. Plus there was an historic aftermath.

Suffered wildly at the time for me in having zero doubts as to who was winning before that match, and somehow those doubts dwindling to even less (than zero!) during it.

6 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Hi. I'm going to be selling some of my old grappling VHS's on Ebay. Just a question. How do I actually send them? Please talk me through the process. Thank you.

When you sell an item, you will get a notification from Ebay and PayPal saying that you have been paid and the address that it needs to be sent to.

Pack the item(s) that you have sold and address it accordingly. 

Take the parcel to the Post Office or have it collected by a courier. Ensure you get proof that the parcel was posted/collected.

Mark on ebay that you have dispatched the item.

Sit back and enjoy the money and extra space. 

I sell on ebay frequently, so feel free to DM me if you want to go through anything more.

11 minutes ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

What kind of box am I looking at for a standard old WWF VHS from the early 90s? Thanks.

In terms of postage, if you sent it at the Post Office a single VHS in its case will be called a "small parcel" and cost £3.20 if sent second class or £4.20 if sent second class with "signature" proof that it was delivered. You'd need to factor this into your listing on ebay to cover the cost.  

You can get postage cheaper by printing your own postage label at home if you have a printer or if you used a courier service.

To physically pack it, you could consider a bubblewrap lined envelope (can buy these in packs at a Pound Shop etc). If you want to send it in an actual box, you can buy various boxes at the Post Office or buy some online marketed as "small parcel" size near the dimensions of a VHS.

Alternatively you can use things you may already have at home (like shoe boxes, Amazon packaging etc)

Also worth noting that eBay take 10% of whatever you charge for shipping.

So if you're wanting to send a VHS second class, which would cost £3.20, you're best on charging around £4.00 to cover your expenses.  If you were only to charge £3.20, which is what would come up if you just followed eBay's instructions on the selling page, then it will probably be costing you around 70p to ship something (factoring in eBay's fees, PayPal's fees and cost of envelope).