UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

Does anyone remember either or both sides of the story regarding why Shane Douglas and Francine fell out in ECW and didn't speak again until 2005?

I'm sure I have seen both of them tell their side of the story in shoot interviews over the years, but cannot remember the specifics.

Googling and searching YouTube has not come up with anything about it.

5 hours ago, dopper said:

Does anyone remember either or both sides of the story regarding why Shane Douglas and Francine fell out in ECW and didn't speak again until 2005?

I'm sure I have seen both of them tell their side of the story in shoot interviews over the years, but cannot remember the specifics.

Googling and searching YouTube has not come up with anything about it.

Was it linked to Douglas going to WCW and her expectation that he was going to get her a job there too? Instead she was left behind in ECW and she never got brought over.

That may have been Francine's reason for the animosity. I'll have to dig out her ROH Straight Shooting DVD and check again.

I think I remember Douglas saying in an interview that they weren't getting along even before he left for WCW and they were still together on-screen. But I can't remember his account of what started it. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, dopper said:

That may have been Francine's reason for the animosity. I'll have to dig out her ROH Straight Shooting DVD and check again.

I think I remember Douglas saying in an interview that they weren't getting along even before he left for WCW and they were still together on-screen. But I can't remember his account of what started it. 

According to this  recap. Francine was supposed to be a witness in a lawsuit Douglas was involved in but didn't turn up. She said she never received the summons.

I've got a vague, unreliable memory of Douglas saying he was being sued for smacking a fan who'd grabbed Francine, I might well be getting confused with the XPW Heat Wave incident though.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Cheapheat said:

Hi guys. I'm trying to do some research on the origin of finishing or signature moves. Does anyone know around which time they started being used and who used them? Thank you if you can help. 

They kind of always existed to some extent - Frank Gotch was known for this toehold, and even earlier than that Evan "Strangler" Lewis had his stranglehold (basically a modern day guillotine choke), and would often have to compete in matches where that move was so dangerous that it was banned.

In terms of a modern worked "finisher", I'd say the beginning is probably Wayne Munn's flying shoulder tackle in the mid-'20s. But from recaps of his matches, and what clips exist of matches in the '30s, a "signature move" back then was less something you built a whole match towards and more a move you just repeatedly attempted through the match. 

Hi all, I hope you guys can help, I'm about to get all 6th form philosophy student but I have a question I'd really appreciate any input. What is wrestling? I have had trouble defining it in the past but didn't dwell on it much. I a recent discussion with a friend who hates wrestling but loves things that I consider very similar like kung Fu movies or big fight scenes. I realised I couldn't accurately define what it was.  There is the obvious distinction of wrestling (usually) being a live performance but the recent cinematic matches have changed that. Are they wrestling?  How would you define pro wrestling?

Apologies if this has come up before, I couldn't find it.

Edited by Cheapheat
Grammar

80s: Big sweaty men (sometimes women) wearing colourful pants touching each other.

90s: Big sweaty men (sometimes women) in black pants touching each other. 

Now: Small sweaty men (slightly more women) in pants touching each other. 

• Paid Members

Hi. Having watched Mick Foley at "Hell in a Cell 1998" , it's unfortunately lead me down the rabbit hole of "hard-core wrestling" again. Is there anywhere, subscription or just Youtube, with those mental FMW and IWA matches from the middle 90s? Thank you.

3 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Hi. Having watched Mick Foley at "Hell in a Cell 1998" , it's unfortunately lead me down the rabbit hole of "hard-core wrestling" again. Is there anywhere, subscription or just Youtube, with those mental FMW and IWA matches from the middle 90s? Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/user/sceduk

This was posted in the youtube thread last week.

1 hour ago, Perry said:

So WWE will have the fans back in attendance from Sunday on a regular basis again? 

They're supposed to be unveiling the new Raw and SD sets next week aswell right?

Its from Friday

This Past Mondays Raw was the last Show from the Thunderdome

Smackdown is in Houston this Friday