UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

Even Undertaker Vs Sid Vs Vader in the main event would have been better than what we got. Vader had a great performance at the Feb IYH so he hadn’t totally hit the skids there yet.

It's funny that while WWF had started flirting with 4 way tags and the final 4 they hadn't taken the plunge on a straight triple threat as we know it at that point and it would be another 6 months before the first at Ground Zero.

Also I'd say Vader was still a solid hand until he took time out after no way out 98. His matches at rumble 98 and with Kane at no way out were great.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

It's funny that while WWF had started flirting with 4 way tags and the final 4 they hadn't taken the plunge on a straight triple threat as we know it at that point and it would be another 6 months before the first at Ground Zero.

First on PPV. They did one on Raw with Owen v Goldust v Hunter for the Intercontinental title. The first in company history is said to be the Shawn v Sid v Bret dark match on the Feb 3rd Raw from the SkyDome.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Cheapheat said:

Hi guys. I'm looking for some innovative or rarely used flash pins. Anyone got any favourite quick roll up or similar moves they could share to help me out?

Steve Austin's "Fuck, I think I've just broken my neck" roll-up at SummerSlam 97 is unique!

Seriously, my favourites are Bret flipping off the turnbuckles to turn Piper's sleeper into a pin at Mania 8 and then did it again with Austin's million dollar dream at Survivors 96.

• Paid Members

look up some Skayde matches; not all of them would class as "flash" pins as some are quite elaborate, but he does some mental pins, holds and sequences that you won't see anywhere else.

Someone once told me they worked a show with him, and he'd work with people in the ring for hours beforehand, trying to figure out a way to pin someone that he'd never done or seen before.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, Cheapheat said:

Thanks guys really appreciate it. To clarify a bit further. Looking for something for a smaller baby-face to steal some convincing wins with. Really appreciate any of your insights. 

Orange Cassidy's Mouse Trap pin is certainly unusual

Lance Storm pinned Jerry Lynn at Anarchy Rulz 99 with a nice 3/4 Nelson and leg grapevine combo, and I've only ever seen Dean Malenko use something similar albeit using a cravat, then rolling into it from a standing position. 

Nice, amateur looking pin that looks like it would tie you up enough to keep you down. 

Always a big fan of pinning moves and combos, right back to the Perfect-plex. Bret Hart used some great ones in his time too. 

Too often guys use MMA influenced strikes and submissions, yet there's a whole world of finishes that you could explore using something that is unique to wrestling. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

I remember seeing a leapfrog caught midair into a sort of super school boy once and don't remember seeing it much after. Looked great when the timing was on point.

you might be thinking of (or at least have reminded me of) Drew Gulak's double leg nelson - basically it's the end result of a Sunset Flip, without the flipping part. 

Posting a link to an example of it here - match chosen not because I'm in it, but because it's the only time I ever saw him actually win a match with it:

• Paid Members

Like that @BomberPat but the runner sort of dived sideways as they went under and caught the leaper in a school boy arm up the jaffers type pin, but as it was mid leap it was a bigger bump but they were bumping themselves so it didn't look odd with a size difference. 

It was a couple of British lads who's ringnames escape me and I don't want to go being all shoot namez~.