UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

14 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

What was the deal with Silver Vision losing the WWE DVD contract? Simply outbid by Freemantle? I read a story on here but it can't possibly be true, so I won't repeat it until somebody hits me with me it. Yeah!

Can't remember if it's covered, but this thread contains a shitload of info.

• Paid Members
On 10/12/2021 at 1:17 PM, Cheapheat said:

Thanks guys really appreciate it. To clarify a bit further. Looking for something for a smaller baby-face to steal some convincing wins with. Really appreciate any of your insights. 

The wonderfully named 120% Schoolboy - at least 20% better than when Charlotte tries to do it.

KahoSchoolboy.gif?ssl=1

• Paid Members

@CheapheatIf you’re still looking for these I was always partial to Marufuji’s “Perfect Inside Cradle” complete with wrist clutch and crossed legs :

The Momoe Latch is pretty awesome for small rolling up bigger as well although I couldn’t find a video or gif at a pinch.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RancidPunx said:

Was there ever any more plans for other significant wrestlers to join the Blood Runs Cold storyline in 97 WCW?

Was there even that much of storyline to the whole thing  ?

No, and kind of. Bischoff had a plan for Glacier to debut and then the introduction of Mortis and Wrath quite a bit earlier than they actually did, but he held off/lost some interest when the nWo became as huge as it did. Typical of Eric what plan they had changed many many times and when the Glacier push died on its arse they gave up before they took the story anywhere.

• Paid Members

Wasn't there some initial story about mortis being a master of Taiwan pit fighting who had been humiliated in defeat at the hands of glacier and wanted revenge under the bright lights of WCW which was dropped when Wrath and earnest miller turned up? 

I love those little bits of go nowhere bollocks in wrestling, like cobra being left for dead by pitman in the gulf and being reported awol and discharged in disgrace before seeking his revenge on the grand stage of Uncensored. 

18 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I love those little bits of go nowhere bollocks in wrestling, like cobra being left for dead by pitman in the gulf and being reported awol and discharged in disgrace before seeking his revenge on the grand stage of Uncensored. 

Haha. 
Did WCW do many of these can you recall ? Was there ever any decent angles/storylines that were confined exclusively to the B-shows ?

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, RancidPunx said:

Haha. 
Did WCW do many of these can you recall ? Was there ever any decent angles/storylines that were confined exclusively to the B-shows ?

I don't know about WCW but IIRC WWF had a similar backstory for the jackel when he was initially with the truth commission, having led lost WWF superstars out of Kuwait who had been left behind on a tour in 92.

• Paid Members
On 10/18/2021 at 10:20 PM, Tommy! said:

Wasn't there some initial story about mortis being a master of Taiwan pit fighting who had been humiliated in defeat at the hands of glacier and wanted revenge under the bright lights of WCW which was dropped when Wrath and earnest miller turned up?

That’s certainly what Tenay used to chirp on commentary about being a former pit fighter in Taiwan and that there was a link to Glaciers past but he didn’t know the details. Although depending on who you believe, Wrath was already signed and part of the plans for all three debuts (staggered, obviously) as early as prior to Bash at the Beach 96, and that those plans all got shifted back when so much focus landed on The Outsiders and Bischoff knew nobody would give a fig if he tried to run Blood Runs Cold at the same time everyone was gripped by “But who is the third man?”

On 10/12/2021 at 6:26 PM, bAzTNM#1 said:

What was the deal with Silver Vision losing the WWE DVD contract? Simply outbid by Freemantle? I read a story on here but it can't possibly be true, so I won't repeat it until somebody hits me with me it. Yeah!

WWE wanted a bigger, more well known company as a licensee. It was something they were doing across the board, and something they deemed necessary for a company of their size.

SV couldn’t haven’t carried on at the time anyway, as what WWE wanted to extend the licensee would have been the end of the company…sooner than when it did fold up.

Edited by Midnight Zeus

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve just been watching the HBO documentary The Smashing Machine and wondered if there was any interest in Mark Kerr by the WWF in the early 2000’s? He seemed like the exact kind of person Vince would be after (I suppose hence why Lesnar was signed at that time) and I’d have thought Kerr would have at least entertained the idea with his MMA career starting to slide. 

On 11/11/2021 at 10:56 PM, wordsfromlee said:

I’ve just been watching the HBO documentary The Smashing Machine and wondered if there was any interest in Mark Kerr by the WWF in the early 2000’s? He seemed like the exact kind of person Vince would be after (I suppose hence why Lesnar was signed at that time) and I’d have thought Kerr would have at least entertained the idea with his MMA career starting to slide. 

They were and he met JR and Shane McMahon but was more into fighting MMA at the time. From this interview he says he was not interested in the grind and giving up your whole life to it.

He said they never got back to him later. So I'm presuming doing all the drugs on Smashing Machine and his mental health they thought he wasent worth the risk. They had Brock by that point anyway as well. 

WWE talk from 19 mins.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob