UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

25 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Usually, there really isn't. They used to be used by autograph dealers, and were more about proving authenticity from one dealer to another than proving anything to your average customer - if you knew Dealer X was reputable, and the autograph you buy came with a certificate from him, you could reasonably assume it was legit. 

They're meant to be about being able to trace provenance, but for the most part, though, they're as worthless as the paper they're written on, and I don't think they're widely used by serious collectors any more. Anyone who would forge an autograph will easily forge the certificate as well. You'll sometimes get them alongside a photograph of the signing taking place, though.

Yeah so you can get official authenticators like Beckett who will often appear at autograph shows and get people to pay for their services because they're 'more legit' than your random shit you get online that someone's clearly made up. They're the same guys that'll appear on stuff like Pawn Stars so at least you know they're pretty on the money, but obviously there's a huge difference between stuff obtained at a show they're already at vs historic stuff.

When Vince finally pops his clogs, how many of the current inner circle do you reckon would go public with stories about how impossible he was to work with? Or do you think he’ll be completely beatified? Or would it be a case of, say 10 years from now (or several years after Vince’s death, whichever is more,) when they’re doing the “Rise and fall of NXT” documentary on Peacock, HHH finally lets rip in a Cornette-style shoot interview “Fuck this company” tirade? 

• Paid Members

Having a quick glance in classifieds it sparked a question, who actually owns the video rights to those dead UK promotions like IPW, 1PW & FWA? 

Especially 1PW which I understand was a organisational shambles at the best of times. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Having a quick glance in classifieds it sparked a question, who actually owns the video rights to those dead UK promotions like IPW, 1PW & FWA? 

Especially 1PW which I understand was a organisational shambles at the best of times. 

It would depend on how the companies were set up (if at all) and then closed down. If a company is dissolved, then any assets of that company (including copyright of recorded content) would become property of the Crown.

I’m not sure about voluntary liquidation, though. Any money left over after paying creditors would be distributed to the shareholders, but not sure about non-tangible assets like copyrights. So if someone does know the answer, I’d be keen to know as well!

On 8/17/2021 at 6:07 PM, Your Fight Site said:

It would depend on how the companies were set up (if at all) and then closed down. If a company is dissolved, then any assets of that company (including copyright of recorded content) would become property of the Crown.

I’m not sure about voluntary liquidation, though. Any money left over after paying creditors would be distributed to the shareholders, but not sure about non-tangible assets like copyrights. So if someone does know the answer, I’d be keen to know as well!

I expect her majesty has made her way through the original FWA TV show and looking forward to Frontiers of Honour part 1 right now. 

I think the FWA footage had a mix of owners but has been well donated (I assume) and collated on the FWA Files YouTube channel.

The Fight Nation guy I'm guessing has the rights to IPW or it's still with Sir Noncealot. 

As for 1pw, if you could figure that out then you should probably go for your PHD as I believe as said it's a big mess.

• Paid Members

Does anyone have any experiences with customer service from ShopAEW Global, which I know is an offshoot of ProWrestlingTees?

I ordered a Hangman Page shirt a few weeks ago and specifically chose a particular design because it  wasn't a black shirt, and it's turned up on a black shirt (not only is it obviously black, it's got a sticker on the sleeve saying it's black.)

It seems ProWrestlingTees' policy is "printed on demand = all sales final, you're shit out of luck whatever the issue is" but the AEW offshoot suggests they sort out at their own cost if it's their fuck up, which this is. Sent an email on Saturday but no response as yet, just wondered if anyone else has had a similar experience and had it sorted out?

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Statto said:

It seems ProWrestlingTees' policy is "printed on demand = all sales final, you're shit out of luck whatever the issue is"

You can't write your own terms and conditions to negate the distance selling regulations. 

• Paid Members

I’m sure this has been talked about before on here but I’ve been dipping into bits of 1997 WWF recently and was thinking about the whole chaotic buildup to WrestleMania 13 where it was all up in the air with titles switches and all that going in. The talk has always been that the original plan was to do a Shawn vs Bret rematch from the previous year’s WrestleMania for the belt on top. If that happened, does anyone know what the plans were for the rest of the card, or at least the main matches? Would it still have been Undertaker vs Sid, just not going on last? Who would Austin have faced etc. There really didn’t seem to be any obvious direction for any of the top names going into Mania that year and even as late as February with the Final Four, it felt like anyone could’ve ended up paired with anyone. 

I'm sure the Powerslam magazine after Wrestlemania 15 stated Gorilla Monsoon was so ill at the time that it was actually his twin brother who made an appearance.

Am I completely making this up or does anyone else remember it because I can't find anything online about it or anything about him having a twin brother.

Edited by rollthedice

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I’m sure this has been talked about before on here but I’ve been dipping into bits of 1997 WWF recently and was thinking about the whole chaotic buildup to WrestleMania 13 where it was all up in the air with titles switches and all that going in. The talk has always been that the original plan was to do a Shawn vs Bret rematch from the previous year’s WrestleMania for the belt on top. If that happened, does anyone know what the plans were for the rest of the card, or at least the main matches? Would it still have been Undertaker vs Sid, just not going on last? Who would Austin have faced etc. There really didn’t seem to be any obvious direction for any of the top names going into Mania that year and even as late as February with the Final Four, it felt like anyone could’ve ended up paired with anyone. 

They wanted Bret over Shawn second from the top and Taker vs Sid for the belt I believe. Shawn was meant to drop the belt to sid on the smile show to get everything rolling. 

I don't remember anyone mentioning any plan for Austin, which is mental. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, rollthedice said:

Was there ever consideration to Austin/Pillman or was Brian still out injured? 

Pillman would’ve been the obvious choice outside of Bret but he wasn’t actually wrestling until about June that year.

Maybe he would’ve been slotted in against Rocky. Would’ve been better than The Sultan. Only other thing I can think they’d have him doing would be a match with either Bulldog or Owen but the Hart Foundation wasn’t even reformed yet until after Mania so fuck knows. Vader felt like he should’ve been doing something bigger than being thrown in that tag match as well, especially after the shift he put in at Final Four. 

As for Gorilla at WrestleMania 15, I’ve never heard that. I just remember being surprised by how much weight he’d lost and how ill he looked. 

1B081523-8C94-4F31-9070-55D246E270E5.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Would it still have been Undertaker vs Sid, just not going on last? Who would Austin have faced etc. There really didn’t seem to be any obvious direction for any of the top names going into Mania that year and even as late as February with the Final Four, it felt like anyone could’ve ended up paired with anyone. 

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

They wanted Bret over Shawn second from the top and Taker vs Sid for the belt I believe. Shawn was meant to drop the belt to sid on the smile show to get everything rolling. 

I don't remember anyone mentioning any plan for Austin, which is mental. 

1 hour ago, wandshogun09 said:

Only other thing I can think they’d have him doing would be a match with either Bulldog or Owen but the Hart Foundation wasn’t even reformed yet until after Mania so fuck knows. Vader felt like he should’ve been doing something bigger than being thrown in that tag match as well, especially after the shift he put in at Final Four. 

This was the plan. They started trying to work all the pieces in the directions they wanted in about December time. The face to face on Raw between Bret and Shawn which lead to Sid complaining about people talking about “his title” and bellowing “What I want is some real competition” before Taker coming down, was setting the table for those two matches. Bulldog starting to protect Bret when Austin was trying to Pillmanize him, and Austin occasionally randomly attacking Smithers, was laying the table for Austin vs Bulldog rather than the Hart Foundation formation that we ended up with.

Vader’s involvement at Mania might have been quite different too. The plan was originally (according to Vader) that he’d wrestle and beat Rocky Maivia for the Intercontinental title and have a long run with it. It kind of makes sense, they wrestled each other a couple of times on the German tour the month before Mania which I’d buy were dry runs while they were scrambling to re-work the card. Leon claimed that he talked management out of it because he didn’t fancy wearing a midcard title because he didn’t see himself as midcard. He ended up tagging with Mankind of course, and he also had been pitched something different.

They wanted Mankind to wrestle Marc Mero, potentially over Sable, who Mankind would be convinced was his mommy. They’d done some interactions between the trio on TV but Foley wasn’t keen on that and was saved from having to do it when Mero was benched with the knee injury. Mick pitched to management to let him wrestle Vader at Mania so they could play off their past in WCW and makes it sound like it was considered for a while but they decided to tag them up instead, Foley believes because the emotional build up about losing an ear might have been too intense for a feud taking place lower on the card.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, air_raid said:

They wanted Mankind to wrestle Marc Mero

75% of the roster said they had the idea of a run with Mero floated around then didn't they, like he was a stop gap for anyone in the midcard