UKFF Questions Thread v3

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

He could do the American style, the Mexican style, the strongman style and the German style. That’s why they called him the British Bulldog.

Didn’t mention Japanese though. Because he was bizarre.

Edit - Just noticed it was Ian who uploaded that to YouTube! 

Edited by wandshogun09

My boy's started playing with his wrestling figures a lot more and he's wanting to watch current WWE, I've got BT Sport, anyone know the best time and best ways to watch it? I know channel 5 shows highlights over the weekend. Are the b-shows like NXT in its various forms shown in the UK and suitable for a young kid? 

Edited by LEGIT

• Paid Members

All WWE's weekly output is on BT Sport, except 205 Live. There are daytime repeats of every show, which I assume would be edited accordingly on the occasions the envelope does get pushed a bit, so all relatively safe for kids I'd think.

You've also got NXT UK which is about as bland & inoffensive a show as they come at the best of times anyway, but it's the shortest show of the week, is pretty straightforward to follow & the fact that it's British-based might appeal? Could actually be a good entry point for a youngster, plus the possibility of them touring nearby one day in the hopefully not too distant future?

Am I right in thinking that Smackdown TV highlights are still on an 8 day delay? So like today there will be Smackdown on TV but it won’t be last nights episode, it’ll be last weeks? Might just be worth considering.

While I don’t watch the show regularly, as @Stattosaid NXT UK is fairly inoffensive and while it might be bland to grown ups, it might be something kids could get into and as he said about touring, they tend to run a different number of towns & venues compared to the main show, and ticket prices are favourable because (let’s be honest) they struggle to fill them. When they taped in Hull (which I think was the last tapings done before the pandemic hit), they were offering tickets to both dates of the tapings for £50 and a lot of people got moved down from the tiers to fill the space on screen.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Was Roddy Piper's "you fucking shit!" when Bischoff turned on him the first time..the first time some good old real profanity was used?. It is on the Bischoff segment of the Network now. Happened in November 1996.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Was Roddy Piper's "you fucking shit!" when Bischoff turned on him the first time..the first time some good old real profanity was used?. It is on the Bischoff segment of the Network now. Happened in November 1996.

Depends on the context. Diesel  dropped an MF-bomb in the Bret match at Survivor Series 1995 and earlier in 1996, Pillman had caused Heenan to swear on the PPV when he ran in from behind him. Maybe the first "scripted" example. 

4 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Well it was Piper so it was probably ad libbed. Pretty sure he once shouted "bastard" near the camera when he got eliminated at Survivor Series '91.