Jump to content

Lion_of_the_Midlands

Paid Members
  • Posts

    6,888
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Lion_of_the_Midlands

  1. If you get chance to check in with the Japanese boxing from yesterday there are a couple of cracking fights. Nishida v Goodman and Takuma Inoue v Tenshin Nasukawa are both well worth a watch.
  2. There isn't an ounce of sentiment in the WWE higher ups, so while you are 100% correct that they should pull it they won't.
  3. Awful news. He may have been the man that gravity forgot but he will be remembered by wrestling fans around the world. Actually gutting. Just think, 5 more years and he would have been the right age to main event in the WWE. Like the Numbers brothers David and Jm I saw him wrestle here in the UK and then around the world. A man who stood out as a high flyer even when surrounded by other great ones. Just devastating to wake up to, thoughts go out to his loved ones.
  4. I hope Steve is OK. That did not look great. Accidents happen in wrestling and they can happen to anyone at any time. That was obviously something that would have been practiced and they must have been happy that he could perform the move safely. Grifters are gonna grift that's how they get paid and they are best ignored. I'm not sure that the whataboutary of pointing at Logan Paul and comparing the situations is any different though Supes, though I suppose you aren't getting paid. Why is it impossible for any former Shield member to have a main event match without loads of outside interference. The egos on those 3 lads are off the charts. It's almost like all three of them are shit wrestlers who need the extras to have a main event match.
  5. I listen to the Propa Podcast. Sonny has the predictive ability of a prime David Haye I'm currently watching the Queensbury show on DAZN. There is a boxer whose nickname is Kurdish KO King. I'm not sure about the initials of that if I'm honest.
  6. Fury knows that AJ has it in his contract that Zuffa/Dana White can't be part of the fight so to get out of it insists that White has to be part of the fight. Quack Quack Quack Fury ducks again.
  7. I've only watched the YouTube highlights but I've got to say the best thing in them was the slap that Giulia laid on Blake Monroe in their backstage shenanigans. Sounded like a rifle.
  8. Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua: British heavyweight showdown set for Cardiff’s Principality Stadium on December 11 | Boxing News | Sky Sports https://share.google/qwlF9R57k0a4Vatkq I won't believe it until they are in the ring and the bell sounds for the first round.
  9. Well they've all been fucked now, doesn't get more intimate than that. No refunds.
  10. Thanks for paying attention Carol Voldermort.
  11. Yeah but 3 of them are voting Reform and 3 are voting Restore, so at least the vote has split.
  12. https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAFZ5cVqw_pE&si=L0fhqut3n4tMaAb9 So above is the playlist of everyone who cast a vote. Its a disgrace that Beetlebum is top and has 2 votes because when you read through it God Only Knows is actually voted for 3 times. If I've got anything wrong then let me know.
  13. Bron Breakkkkkkker is star material, just need to get him away from the rest of those Vision losers, especially when Scotty Steiner's lad turns up now he's been cut by the Saints. The Breakker Bredren smashing the granny out of Austin Theory and Logan Paul before going on a path of destruction is a future I hope to see. If you haven't seen Scott's lad Google Brock Rechsteiner. He's a fucking unit.
  14. How much bullying do your parents think you need in order to call you Finty.
  15. I first heard about the UKFF at this show NEW « Events Database « CAGEMATCH - The Internet Wrestling Database https://share.google/Uv8WlLhQkusSUV4Q4 That was July 2002 and I eventually signed up in 2003. I was an FWA forum wanker for a while before moving on to just a wanker in all formats. There used to be quite a large contingent of Grimsby/Cleethorpes members and I must have met all of those over the years as well as various others Leicester Lantern, Freaky Jason and Hat Guy on loads of occasions. It seems odd to me that I remember Martin Kirby just from been Ben's mate at shows and now he is a veteran of the UK scene. There have been long stretches of not posting but luckily I was less password conscious in 2003 so that's never been a problem. Generally though the core group of people here are lovely and this place wouldn't have survived without them. It's not right to single people out but @tiger_rick @Onyx2 @johnnyboy and @Devon Malcolm are the creme de la creme. The goodest of eggs in the heritage free range egg box that is the UKFF.
  16. Alex has said Paul Williams is the best assistant. I don't have a problem with the new series. No one is Ian Sterling bad. They all have their quirks, and Petts wants to win really bad.
  17. I hadn't caught up with this place for a while but I was in the pub with the lads and one of 'em came in and said Frankie had posted the census results. Of course I didn't believe him because I was pretty sure Frankie had sold our data to the Feds, but here we are. Abdelbaset al-Megrahi and Aqaba, Jordan are the same person I'm guessing. I'm also willing to bet they haven't got a will and didn't put bacon in their Full English.
  18. We have a prediction league and I thought I'd see if we have enough interest in actual NFL chat. So let's start with the Dolphins. Releasing Tua and paying him $99 million to do one is some insane business. That money is going to be split over the next two years of their cap and you've got to figure it's going to cripple them even further. I know you can rebuild in quick time in the NFL but they aren't even getting any draft capital for him. If I was Tua, with his history of concussion I'd go home and never play again. That has to be the smart move right.
×
×
  • Create New...