Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Add me to the getting the vaccine list next week. When the text came through today it gave me a lift the like I’ve not felt for so long. Genuinely felt like a gamechanger. 

The missus gets her next week too after finding out from her GP she should have been told she was on the vulnerable list last year due to having an irregular heartbeat. Quite worrying that so many people might have fallen through the gaps and some of them inevitably may not have had the fortune of getting this far. 

• Paid Members
32 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

If they're giving it to people with a BMI of 28,000 I'm wondering why I haven't had a booking text yet :(

You and me both buddy. All the weight I had lost, and some has come back since March. I am at a point right now that if I wore a tie and a belt at the same time I would basically be a sausage. 

13 hours ago, Stinky Dad said:

Add me to the getting the vaccine list next week. When the text came through today it gave me a lift the like I’ve not felt for so long. Genuinely felt like a gamechanger.

Had my vaccine on Wednesday and the past two nights were the best sleep I've had in ages. I don't think I realised how much this has been playing on my mind. I know we're nowhere near back to normal, but it felt like a tiny glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

• Paid Members

Had my first vaccine shot this morning. In and out in about 15 minutes. Really well organised. Was surprised how little I felt it. It's barely a scratch. No side effects as best I can tell. I'm a little tired but that's probably the 5 hours I got last night.

The internet tells me I'm not supposed to drink for 2 weeks to help my immune system which has not amused me. I miss beer and it's only been 24 hours since I had a tinny.

The vaccine rollout plan is to have everyone offered their first jab by the end of July, brought forward from the originally estimated September. That's sooner than I was expecting but also means I should probably get round to registering with a GP. I realised today It's something I've never done before and have no idea where my nearest GP surgery is.

• Paid Members

I'm gutted to be honest on some of those. I'd happily have pubs open later fully, even gyms and the like if it meant I'd be able to visit and stay at a family members over Easter.

As it is, I'm unlikely to see anyone in person I know until May, but that's okay because I can get drunk for all of the Easter holidays due to moving away during the pandemic for work.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Johnson trying to putt off marrying Carrie Symonds it seems. Bit odd that weddings are the one thing they’ve highlighted as still being restricted.

That's what struck me as well. Why just weddings? Does Covid-19 care whether you're getting married or burying your gran? Apparently it does. Unless our esteemed PM is simply trying to avoid his own nuptials as you say.