Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Add me to the getting the vaccine list next week. When the text came through today it gave me a lift the like I’ve not felt for so long. Genuinely felt like a gamechanger. 
 

The missus gets her next week too after finding out from her GP she should have been told she was on the vulnerable list last year due to having an irregular heartbeat. Quite worrying that so many people might have fallen through the gaps and some of them inevitably may not have had the fortune of getting this far. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
32 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

If they're giving it to people with a BMI of 28,000 I'm wondering why I haven't had a booking text yet :(

You and me both buddy. All the weight I had lost, and some has come back since March. I am at a point right now that if I wore a tie and a belt at the same time I would basically be a sausage. 

Posted

 

13 hours ago, Stinky Dad said:

Add me to the getting the vaccine list next week. When the text came through today it gave me a lift the like I’ve not felt for so long. Genuinely felt like a gamechanger.

Had my vaccine on Wednesday and the past two nights were the best sleep I've had in ages. I don't think I realised how much this has been playing on my mind. I know we're nowhere near back to normal, but it felt like a tiny glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Had my first vaccine shot this morning. In and out in about 15 minutes. Really well organised. Was surprised how little I felt it. It's barely a scratch. No side effects as best I can tell. I'm a little tired but that's probably the 5 hours I got last night.

The internet tells me I'm not supposed to drink for 2 weeks to help my immune system which has not amused me. I miss beer and it's only been 24 hours since I had a tinny.

Posted

The vaccine rollout plan is to have everyone offered their first jab by the end of July, brought forward from the originally estimated September. That's sooner than I was expecting but also means I should probably get round to registering with a GP. I realised today It's something I've never done before and have no idea where my nearest GP surgery is.

Posted

If you go on the NHS website @wordsfromlee and click on 'Find a GP' at the bottom, you put your postcode in and it'll give you all your closest surgeries.

Posted

Had my first shot this morning, rather satisfyingly at Anfield given last nights events, really efficient, straight in and out in 10 minutes (and got to re watch a bit of the NXT main event from Wednesday while waiting), not had any reactions yet given it's past 12 hours since I had it which is a bonus

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Pubs open outdoors a day after my birthday. Fucksakes.

Will happily swap birthdays with you, chum ?

  • Paid Members
Posted

I'm gutted to be honest on some of those. I'd happily have pubs open later fully, even gyms and the like if it meant I'd be able to visit and stay at a family members over Easter.

As it is, I'm unlikely to see anyone in person I know until May, but that's okay because I can get drunk for all of the Easter holidays due to moving away during the pandemic for work.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Johnson trying to putt off marrying Carrie Symonds it seems. Bit odd that weddings are the one thing they’ve highlighted as still being restricted.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Very strange that all social contact limitations will be off except possibly on weddings. No idea what that's all about. How can you open night clubs but not have a normal wedding?

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 minutes ago, stumobir said:

Johnson trying to putt off marrying Carrie Symonds it seems. Bit odd that weddings are the one thing they’ve highlighted as still being restricted.

That's what struck me as well. Why just weddings? Does Covid-19 care whether you're getting married or burying your gran? Apparently it does. Unless our esteemed PM is simply trying to avoid his own nuptials as you say. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...