Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

1 hour ago, deathrey said:

No I didn't :( I did try ringing the GP and asking in regards to that and my asthma but they said I wasn't eligible yet (my asthma is quite mild in all fairness).

My wife got a letter yesterday and the only reason she can think of is that she had gestational diabetes. Might be worth phoning again.

4 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

To get it booked a week before my age bracket opened up I did have to be preposterously fat.  On balance, probably not worth it.

I’m with Johnnyboy. I’m not getting mine at the leisure centre but at the GP which is opposite a McDonalds drive thru 😀

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

Got my first one booked in a leisure centre.  Maybe I can go for a swim after instead of a McDonald's.

By swim, I of course mean get a pizza delivered.

Same place my wife booked herself in for I bet. She got me to run her there on Thursday to get it done. Just as we approached the final roundabout 'oh hang on...it's NEXT Thursday'. Of course it is. 

• Paid Members

Reporters at the Times have done a book about the British response which they are covering in a three-part podcast series. They say that in the week between Johnson being told to do a lockdown but opting for the "work at home if you can, avoid the pub" and him actually doing the legally-mandated lockdown, the number of cases in the UK rose from 300,000 to 1.5 million. They came about as close as possible to directly blaming that decisions for tens of thousands of deaths.

Just now, ReturnOfTheMack said:

I had the Oxford at 12:15 yesterday. I've had most of the listed side effects, including throwing up quite violently this morning.

Sorry to hear that mate. 
I guess you didn’t have a McDonald’s post jab? Seriously, hope you feel better soon. 

• Paid Members

I had the Oxford one on Tuesday. My arm was killing me on Wednesday and then by evening time my whole body ached like I had the flu and I went to bed early. I’ve had a mild cough and a runny nose since but all has gone away as of today. My mum only suffered from the sore arm. 

The vaccine place was next to a KFC but I ordered a McDonalds when I got home. Devon kicked off something here. Will do the same in May when I go back for my second one. 

• Paid Members
On 3/12/2021 at 5:58 PM, SuperBacon said:

That's doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence.

Happy to redeem my wife, who ordered McDonald's delivered to our house the next morning.

Now, 24 horus later, I've felt well enough to microwave it and eat it. I'm glad to be getting the vaccine, but fucking hell that's a rough 24 hours afterwards. Mildly dreading the second dose since it's supposed to be the stronger of the two in terms of response.

• Paid Members

Seems to be a common thing with people who’ve had the Oxford vaccine suffering with side effects. My mum and dad both had the Pfizer and were absolutely fine beyond the sore/achey arm for a bit. And they’ve both got their share of health issues so I was a bit worried. But my mother in law, who’s about the healthiest middle aged woman I’ve ever met, had the Oxford and it’s knocked her about pretty bad. Guess it’s case by case but it does seem more common with the Oxford from people I know. 

Edited by wandshogun09