Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Just had the jab. Not as painful as expected and just taking my 15 minute waiting period. Superbly organised and now I'm going to McDonald's.

My jab involved zero pain at the time, negligible amounts of muscle ache for a day or so followed by more trips to the toilet on Monday than I’m used to. Mrs raids mother (pharmacist) thinks that’s an expected side effect but I think I just ate too much cake on Sunday.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Just had the jab. Not as painful as expected and just taking my 15 minute waiting period. Superbly organised and now I'm going to McDonald's.

I didn't have to do the 15 minute wait with the Oxford vaccine. I'm assuming you got the Pfizer one?

10 minutes ago, Murtz said:

I didn't have to do the 15 minute wait with the Oxford vaccine. I'm assuming you got the Pfizer one?

My mum had the Oxford one on Saturday & had to wait 15 minutes but wasn’t observed. They told her she could wait in her car but her insurance wouldn’t cover her during the 15 minutes so not to leave until that was finished.

I have mine this evening & am getting worried about the after effects. My mum felt awful for the 24 hours after her jab, I’ve booked tomorrow off work in case I get the same.

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Murtz said:

Yeah. Few hours later and the only side-effect is a slightly numb and sore arm.

• Paid Members

Unexpectedly got my first vaccine jab today. Went to hospital to get bloods taken and they said that I could get my vaccine if I wanted it. Erm, yes, please!

Got the Oxford–AstraZenica one, and had to do the “wait around for 15 minutes” after. Still feel alright a couple of hours later; no numbness so far.

• Paid Members

Had two separate texts in the week about getting my jab, one from my GP and the other from NHS. Got an official letter yesterday morning too.

Daft question maybe, but any reason why I'm being pushed ahead? I'm only 34 with no underlying conditions (apart from being a fat cunt). I did go to the doc about 8/9 years ago when my heart started fluttering and skipping beats. I was waved away with advice about drinking/smoking and was given no medication or follow up appointments or anything like that. Is this why I'm classed as vulnerable? If so, I feel awful going ahead of my parents and in laws because of a condition that doesn't even affect me anymore. My missus pointed it out to me too that if it is for the heart arrhythmia, I never received a shielding letter when everything went tits up last year.

I've rang NHS England and they've sent me around in circles on their automated phone system, so cant get an answer out of them.

Should I just book my jab and hope they give it me? Like I said, I feel awful going ahead of so many for a condition that I've long since forgotten about.

It's probably because you're a fat cunt 😏.

I don't know how tall you are or how much you weigh, but BMI greater than 40 is in 'group 6', alongside 'a heart problem'. The list below explains a bit more, I guess different parts of the country will be in different phases of rollout too.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccination-care-home-and-healthcare-settings-posters/covid-19-vaccination-first-phase-priority-groups

To be honest @Wretch you're  better off just going to get your jab than trying to get it rearranged because you feel you don't deserve it. You'll have to get it at some point and the amount of admin time it will take to a) get to the bottom of why you have been invited and b) try to move yourself in the list is going to take up more NHS time than just going to get your jab.

Edited by deathrey

• Paid Members

I see they're telling people on the Isle Of Man to stay at home 4 weeks on from lifting all their restrictions because they've had a pretty big outbreak over there. Imagine what it'll be like over here? June? Maybe 2022.. 

10 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I see they're telling people on the Isle Of Man to stay at home 4 weeks on from lifting all their restrictions because they've had a pretty big outbreak over there. Imagine what it'll be like over here? June? Maybe 2022.. 

Yeah, but to be fair one "family visit" on there is just the whole island getting together isn't it?