Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Are the NHS using a different system in different parts of the country? I just ask because when I used the NHS to book my mums jab you had to book both vaccinations at the same time.

It's highly likely, I have a mate who works in an IT department at a hospital and uniformity across any systems is basically non-existent from one region to another. My areas practices are being covered by accuRx but it wouldnt surprise me to learn the admin is being carried out by several outsourced firms.

I was also only able to book my first jab.

Edited by air_raid
Posted

They're definitely being managed differently. My wife works for the local hospital and she's only had her first one booked, and anyone I know that's had it round here only had the first one booked too. Bit confusing but hey one is better than none.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, air_raid said:

My asthma is well-managed and I got sent my invite on Friday and booked it yesterday.

 

I've been looking online but can't find any information ; does anyone know if EU citizens granted Settled Status will eventually be offered the vaccine once they've finished those of us with "underlying medical conditions"? Mrs raid is frettintg that she'll never get it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56069455

Thems the new rules, Unless you have ever been admitted into hospital or take liquid roids then no dice.

Edited by quote the raven
Posted
4 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Had my first vaccine at my local doctors this morning. Super well organised, but I was saddened by the lack of snacks. Not even a little cup of water or a couple of plain digestives. Disappointing.

You aren’t in the Midlands are you? Maybe someone had theirs before you and nabbed all the biscuits. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
5 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Are the NHS using a different system in different parts of the country? I just ask because when I used the NHS to book my mums jab you had to book both vaccinations at the same time.

How long ago was that? With the first batch of vaccinations they were booking people in for both because three-weeks apart was still the plan. One of the big pains of switching to the 12-week-gap was GPs having to cancel appointments, which took ages because it was old folk who didn't read e-mail and kept you nattering for ages on the phone.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JNLister said:

How long ago was that? With the first batch of vaccinations they were booking people in for both because three-weeks apart was still the plan. One of the big pains of switching to the 12-week-gap was GPs having to cancel appointments, which took ages because it was old folk who didn't read e-mail and kept you nattering for ages on the phone.

Mum had her vaccination a week ago, the 9th of February and her 2nd is the 28th April

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Wrong month.
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

I play by my own rules. With my own dice.

B381BAE9-CC47-4CA1-A20B-729A3E1D4C6E.png

Maybe you got in before they changed it all. As of a few days ago we where all dumped in tier 6. Ive had multiple hospital stays so im hoping im still ok. Its very odd to offer people flu vaccines but decide no risk from covid

 

Edited by quote the raven
Posted

Shielding was meant to end on the 21st, but it's now been extended until March 31st, regardless of whether or not the shielding person has been vaccinated. So everyone getting their jabs over the last couple of weeks, thinking they'd at least be a bit more comfortable being out and about after this weekend, now gets the pleasure of having to stop inside for the best part of another 6 weeks. Fucking urgh.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Just had a couple of mates get their vaccine via asthma diagnosis. It does seem they changed the criteria after already sending out some letters. 

Fuck my luck 

Edited by quote the raven
  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

Yesterday I started feeling really rough, incredible headache, aching all over, numb limbs, stomach cramp, shivers, explosive diarrhoea. No cough and I don’t think I’ve lost my sense of smell/taste, but I really don’t feel well. My temp is currently 39.8 but I’m shaking with cold.

Whats most odd, is neither of us have been anywhere at all, as we’ve both been shielding since March. The only contact we have is the weekly Asda delivery on a Friday and the occasional bit of mail. All the shopping is disinfected when it comes, we even wear masks at the door.

111 were absolutely fantastic and have suggested I could have the ‘Rona given my symptoms. So now I can’t leave the spare room or have any contact with my wife until I can prove I don’t have it.

I keep telling myself I can’t have it given how reclusive we’ve both been, but then I’ve caught something from somewhere so maybe it is COVID. My main worry now is the wife, given her health. 

Hope you all ok dude, keep us updated.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...