Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Are the NHS using a different system in different parts of the country? I just ask because when I used the NHS to book my mums jab you had to book both vaccinations at the same time.

It's highly likely, I have a mate who works in an IT department at a hospital and uniformity across any systems is basically non-existent from one region to another. My areas practices are being covered by accuRx but it wouldnt surprise me to learn the admin is being carried out by several outsourced firms.

I was also only able to book my first jab.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, air_raid said:

My asthma is well-managed and I got sent my invite on Friday and booked it yesterday.

Ā 

I've been looking online but can't find any information ; does anyone know if EU citizens granted Settled Status will eventually be offered the vaccine once they've finished those of us with "underlying medical conditions"? Mrs raid is frettintg that she'll never get it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56069455

Thems theĀ new rules, Unless you have ever been admitted into hospital or take liquid roids then no dice.

Edited by quote the raven

4 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Had my first vaccine at my local doctors this morning. Super well organised, but I was saddened by the lack of snacks. Not even a little cup of water or a couple of plain digestives. Disappointing.

You arenā€™t in the Midlands are you? Maybe someone had theirs before you and nabbed all the biscuits.Ā 

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Are the NHS using a different system in different parts of the country? I just ask because when I used the NHS to book my mums jab you had to book both vaccinations at the same time.

How long ago was that? With the first batch of vaccinations they were booking people in for both because three-weeks apart was still the plan. One of the big pains of switching to the 12-week-gap was GPs having to cancel appointments, which took ages because it was old folk who didn't read e-mail and kept you nattering for ages on the phone.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, JNLister said:

How long ago was that? With the first batch of vaccinations they were booking people in for both because three-weeks apart was still the plan. One of the big pains of switching to the 12-week-gap was GPs having to cancel appointments, which took ages because it was old folk who didn't read e-mail and kept you nattering for ages on the phone.

Mum had her vaccination a week ago, the 9th of February and her 2nd is the 28th April

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands
Wrong month.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, quote the raven said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-56069455

Thems theĀ new rules, Unless you have ever been admitted into hospital or take liquid roids then no dice.

I play by my own rules. With my own dice.

B381BAE9-CC47-4CA1-A20B-729A3E1D4C6E.png

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, air_raid said:

I play by my own rules. With my own dice.

B381BAE9-CC47-4CA1-A20B-729A3E1D4C6E.png

Maybe you got in before they changed it all. As of a few days ago we where all dumped in tier 6. Ive had multiple hospital stays so im hoping im still ok. Its very odd to offer people flu vaccines but decide no risk from covid

Ā 

Edited by quote the raven

Shielding was meant to end on the 21st,Ā but it's nowĀ been extended untilĀ March 31st, regardless of whether or not the shielding person has been vaccinated. So everyone getting their jabs over the last couple of weeks, thinking they'd at least be a bit more comfortable being out and about after this weekend, now gets the pleasure of having to stop insideĀ for the best part of another 6 weeks. Fucking urgh.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

Yesterday I started feeling really rough, incredible headache,Ā aching all over, numb limbs, stomach cramp, shivers,Ā explosive diarrhoea. No cough and I donā€™t think Iā€™ve lost my sense of smell/taste, but I really donā€™t feel well. My temp is currently 39.8 but Iā€™m shaking with cold.

Whats most odd, is neither of us have been anywhere at all, as weā€™ve both been shielding since March. The only contact we have is the weekly Asda delivery on a Friday and the occasional bit of mail. All the shopping is disinfected when it comes, we even wear masks at the door.

111 wereĀ absolutely fantasticĀ and have suggested I could have the ā€˜Rona given my symptoms. So now I canā€™t leave the spare room or have any contact with my wife until I can prove I donā€™t have it.

I keep telling myself I canā€™t have it given how reclusive weā€™ve both been, but then Iā€™ve caught something from somewhere so maybe it is COVID. My main worry now is the wife, given her health.Ā 

Hope you all ok dude, keep us updated.