Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

In fairness that did actually happen with SARS and bird flu and the like. I think a lot of people thought that until it hit Italy.

My wife is a natural worrier so she was glad to be vindicated and ahead of the curve this time when it came to covid.. 😬

Dont forget Ebola that was supposed to come over here to. The press cry wolf so much its easy to see why people thought like that. My stupidest moment has be thinking i was ok to carry on going to work early days with no masks or distancing due to not reading the "at risk" category until a week later.  

Thus far i have dodged it and its been 2 weeks since my first vaccine.

Edited by quote the raven

Got my first dose of the Oxford yesterday and it’s knocked me for six. I’m aching all over, got a temperature, feel both hot and cold, and my blood sugars are dangerously high.

Still, one step closer to something resembling normality!

1 hour ago, Slapnut said:

Got my first dose of the Oxford yesterday and it’s knocked me for six. I’m aching all over, got a temperature, feel both hot and cold, and my blood sugars are dangerously high.

Still, one step closer to something resembling normality!

My mum had the same reaction (except the blood sugar), it lasted 24 hours & then she was back to normal.  Hopefully it’ll pass quickly for you too.

16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Got my first vaccine booked for next week. A McDonalds will follow. 

Had my first jab last week and as seems to be customary, headed straight to McDonalds afterwards. 

Ordered Pancakes for my wife and they managed to mess the order up and instead give her a Sausage and Egg McMuffin. With no Muffin.....

Not a side effect I was expecting.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I'm so jealous of all you people getting vaccinated. I can't wait to have mine! (Something I never thought I would say)

Did you not get a letter because of the gestational diabetes? My wife got a letter and we assume it was because of that but it didn't say on it. It could be another medical condition she has, but one of the other mum's she knows who had gd and has no other conditions got a letter also which is why we deduced it must be that.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I'm so jealous of all you people getting vaccinated. I can't wait to have mine! (Something I never thought I would say)

Really love the positive attitude that you and so many people have had towards the vaccine. It's the main thing that's kept me upbeat about the near future and beating this.

10 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Did you not get a letter because of the gestational diabetes? My wife got a letter and we assume it was because of that but it didn't say on it. It could be another medical condition she has, but one of the other mum's she knows who had gd and has no other conditions got a letter also which is why we deduced it must be that.

No I didn't :( I did try ringing the GP and asking in regards to that and my asthma but they said I wasn't eligible yet (my asthma is quite mild in all fairness).