Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

In fairness that did actually happen with SARS and bird flu and the like. I think a lot of people thought that until it hit Italy.

My wife is a natural worrier so she was glad to be vindicated and ahead of the curve this time when it came to covid.. ?

Dont forget Ebola that was supposed to come over here to. The press cry wolf so much its easy to see why people thought like that. My stupidest moment has be thinking i was ok to carry on going to work early days with no masks or distancing due to not reading the "at risk" category until a week later.  

Thus far i have dodged it and its been 2 weeks since my first vaccine.

Edited by quote the raven
  • Paid Members
Posted

Got my first dose of the Oxford yesterday and it’s knocked me for six. I’m aching all over, got a temperature, feel both hot and cold, and my blood sugars are dangerously high.

Still, one step closer to something resembling normality!

Posted
1 hour ago, Slapnut said:

Got my first dose of the Oxford yesterday and it’s knocked me for six. I’m aching all over, got a temperature, feel both hot and cold, and my blood sugars are dangerously high.

Still, one step closer to something resembling normality!

My mum had the same reaction (except the blood sugar), it lasted 24 hours & then she was back to normal.  Hopefully it’ll pass quickly for you too.

  • Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Got my first vaccine booked for next week. A McDonalds will follow. 

Mine booked too but there is no McDonalds here so I'll be "treating" myself to a scrambled tofu and chilli wrap from the cafe opposite afterwards. Hooray.

Posted
16 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Got my first vaccine booked for next week. A McDonalds will follow. 

Had my first jab last week and as seems to be customary, headed straight to McDonalds afterwards. 

Ordered Pancakes for my wife and they managed to mess the order up and instead give her a Sausage and Egg McMuffin. With no Muffin.....

Not a side effect I was expecting.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Me & my wife had ours booked at the same place 5 mins apart, so instead of McDonald's I was allowed some healthy watermelon chunks to eat in celebration.

  • Members
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Me & my wife had ours booked at the same place 5 mins apart, so instead of McDonald's I was allowed some healthy watermelon chunks to eat in celebration.

That's doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence.

  • Moderators
Posted
13 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I'm so jealous of all you people getting vaccinated. I can't wait to have mine! (Something I never thought I would say)

Did you not get a letter because of the gestational diabetes? My wife got a letter and we assume it was because of that but it didn't say on it. It could be another medical condition she has, but one of the other mum's she knows who had gd and has no other conditions got a letter also which is why we deduced it must be that.

  • Paid Members
Posted
21 minutes ago, deathrey said:

I'm so jealous of all you people getting vaccinated. I can't wait to have mine! (Something I never thought I would say)

Really love the positive attitude that you and so many people have had towards the vaccine. It's the main thing that's kept me upbeat about the near future and beating this.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Did you not get a letter because of the gestational diabetes? My wife got a letter and we assume it was because of that but it didn't say on it. It could be another medical condition she has, but one of the other mum's she knows who had gd and has no other conditions got a letter also which is why we deduced it must be that.

No I didn't :( I did try ringing the GP and asking in regards to that and my asthma but they said I wasn't eligible yet (my asthma is quite mild in all fairness).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...