Paid Members ReturnOfTheMack Posted April 1, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 1, 2021 Forget next few days, if he's that ill he needs to get help now. I'm 40, I put off getting help and ended up in hospital for near 2 weeks because I didn't realise how bad it was. Get a damned ambulance out and let them decide how ill he is. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted April 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 3, 2021 That's vaccine number 2 done. Had to go home afterwards to make my own tea. What kind of health service is this? Damn that Corbyn. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted April 3, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 3, 2021 It doesn't count as a vaccine if you don't have some sort of takeaway. Quote
MungoChutney Posted April 4, 2021 Posted April 4, 2021 (edited) Had my first dose of the AZ vaccine during the week and despite the centre being equidistant from two McDonald's with a drive-thru I resisted and just went back to work. Had really bad shivers through the night and felt rotten the next day but it didn't last more than 24 hours or so. Edited April 4, 2021 by MungoChutney Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted April 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2021 @MungoChutneyAccording to research here the reason you suffered the side effects was because you didn't have a takeaway afterwards. Quote
MungoChutney Posted April 4, 2021 Posted April 4, 2021 In the interests of science I'll have a McDonald's after my second dose Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted April 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2021 Vaccinated at 9am, and there's only kebab shops and a KFC nearby. This is bullshit. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted April 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2021 Better than nowt. KFC's lack of a breakfast menu is a staggering oversight. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted April 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2021 They don't open until 11am, so I'm bereft of a greasy breakfast. Bereft! Got to take my daughter to work in half an hour, so might take the scenic route and get nuggeted. Quote
Paid Members Nick James Posted April 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2021 I had the AZ jab last Saturday, arms only just stopped being sore this morning, but other than feeling like I had a hangover on Sunday, I didn't get any other symptoms. Had the jab at 9am, but wasn't close to a McDonalds, however I had Taco Bell on the Sunday if that counts? Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted April 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2021 Did it chase the hangover away? Quote
Paid Members Nick James Posted April 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2021 It was rather satisfying I must admit. Quote
Paid Members Monkee Posted April 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2021 I had the AZ jab yesterday afternoon and felt absolutely fine. Slept badly last night (had nightmares that my sister in law had been kidnapped) and was very restless. Got up at 11am and felt fine but tired. Then it hit me. I was really cold, heating on full blast, blanket over me, fell asleep at 1pm and felt jet lagged. I couldn’t wake up. Finally forced myself to get something to eat at 8pm, watched a film and now I’m in bed again as I can barely keep my eyes open. Apart from feeling exhausted I don’t feel any other side effects, thankfully. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted April 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted April 4, 2021 I've been a bit chilly and tired today, but we got a curry in tonight so hopefully I'll be alright. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted April 5, 2021 Posted April 5, 2021 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56632084 Rapid testing to be offered twice weekly to everyone in England from a week on Friday. Seems like another positive step forward if not a potentially expensive one. Will probably encourage companies to get people back to work anyway. I'm still uncomfortable with it until I've been vaccinated so glad my company doesn't seem to be in a rush. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.