Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

That's vaccine number 2 done. Had to go home afterwards to make my own tea. What kind of health service is this? Damn that Corbyn. 

Had my first dose of the AZ vaccine during the week and despite the centre being equidistant from two McDonald's with a drive-thru I resisted and just went back to work. Had really bad shivers through the night and felt rotten the next day but it didn't last more than 24 hours or so. 

Edited by MungoChutney

• Paid Members

I had the AZ jab last Saturday, arms only just stopped being sore this morning, but other than feeling like I had a hangover on Sunday, I didn't get any other symptoms. Had the jab at 9am, but wasn't close to a McDonalds, however I had Taco Bell on the Sunday if that counts? 

• Paid Members

I had the AZ jab yesterday afternoon and felt absolutely fine. Slept badly last night (had nightmares that my sister in law had been kidnapped) and was very restless. Got up at 11am and felt fine but tired. Then it hit me. I was really cold, heating on full blast, blanket over me, fell asleep at 1pm and felt jet lagged. I couldn’t wake up. Finally forced myself to get something to eat at 8pm, watched a film and now I’m in bed again as I can barely keep my eyes open. Apart from feeling exhausted I don’t feel any other side effects, thankfully.

• Paid Members

I've been a bit chilly and tired today, but we got a curry in tonight so hopefully I'll be alright. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56632084

Rapid testing to be offered twice weekly to everyone in England from a week on Friday.

Seems like another positive step forward if not a potentially expensive one.

Will probably encourage companies to get people back to work anyway. I'm still uncomfortable with it until I've been vaccinated so glad my company doesn't seem to be in a rush.