Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Glenryck Pilchards said:

My wife and I had a McDonald's breakfast this morning and 30 minutes later she had a call from the GP to offer a Pfizer vaccine today. If this isn't the UKFF cosmos in action, I don't know what is.

Tell her she's welcome!

• Paid Members

Wonderful how so many places are reporting the green/amber/red list being where you can or can't go on holiday.

It's solely about what happens when you come from those countries to the UK. It doesn't address the minor issue of whether they let you in in the first place. Portugal will probably be fine, but anyone who thinks they can jet off to Australia or New Zealand is going to be disappointed.

Had my first dose of AstricaZenica this morning. I had it in one of the most successful temporary facilities in the country and it all went like clockwork. Walked in to avoid the queuing and having to hang around with the proles after. I didn't go to McDonald's because I took a vow sometime ago never to eat another over the whole murdering the planet thing. Sorry lads. I had a bacon baguette from Greggs instead. It was good.

I feel I am entering the arena of the unwell now though. Just brought the washing in and I was near paralysed by some really intense chills. The heating is on and I've necked a few cocodimal. I'll be fine. The irony is, this is the first time I've felt ill since February 2020, when I'm fairly certain I had the virus. This is the longest I've ever gone without catching something which shows the measures in place seem to have worked for me at least. Roll on September when I'm sharing an air conditioned office again with a bunch of jobsworth cunts who choose to soldier on through these things and infect everyone else, when they really should be on the sofa in their duvet all week playing Fallout 4. 

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

I feel I am entering the arena of the unwell now though. 

You should've sat eating a saveloy and chips in the bath

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Guy Bifkin said:

This is the longest I've ever gone without catching something which shows the measures in place seem to have worked for me at least. 

I was just talking about this with my sister the other day. I’ve always been the type to catch any cold or bug going around since I was a kid and as a result I’ve always had a bit of paranoia about germs and constantly wash my hands and face. Still always get ill around Nov/Dec and Feb/Mar time every year without fail. Except this year. The main thing I can put it down to is wearing masks because it’s the only thing I’ve really done differently since the pandemic started. It’s the first time I can remember going through Christmas and New Year without so much as a cold and it’s carried right through to May. I’ve already decided I won’t be binning off the mask wearing at work even when it’s not mandatory anymore.

Got my vaccine on Friday. My wife had hers a couple of weeks ago which has been a weight off my mind because she’s had a couple of health problems over the last few years. She’s the one I’ve been worrying about most. Think it’ll be a chippy tea for me post-jab. 

• Paid Members

Got myself a classic Astra-Zeneca/Greggs combo. But respect to the burger van license holder at Ashton Gate who presumably thought they'd have a terrible season but is now raking it in.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the efficiency. From getting out of the car outside the stadium to getting back in was nine minutes.

Edited by JNLister

• Paid Members

Got my first vaccine the other week. A knock on the door from my neighbour to say they had 6 spare AZ ones down at the clinic and I should get down there sharpish. I did and casually returned home in time to order an Indian. Quality. My brother and his missus were in the garden having a drink with us, so we all nipped down there. Thats a lovely family night out I can tell you. 

Second one is booked for 10th July. Felt like a car had hit me the day afterwards which wasn't much fun.

Edited by marc2j

I got offered the AZ (I think) apparently at the doctors surgery where my parents live. Had to turn it down not being in the country and have no idea when I might get any sort of vaccine here which means I'm stuck overseas for the forceeable future unless I want to abandon my wife and unborn child indefinitely.  

• Paid Members

Just had my first hit of that funky cold Moderna. All very quick & efficient. Didn't get food as I had to go to an industrial park in Stoke & i don't think the vaccine protects against botulism.