Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, scratchdj said:

Guys I work with are all in Suffolk and are reporting the same. That said, we’re miles away from any big city etc, so maybe not a like-for-like comparison. 

I'm in Suffolk (Ipswich) and always seems to be busy wherever we go in parks etc. Sometimes we've had to go to another one because it's just so busy somewhere.

I think on the whole most people are just glad to be out somewhere.

Posted

I've hardly seen anyone out on the grass, in parks or in the local woods during the recent weather but same as scratch I hardly ever see them used, even the football field has had like 2 people playing there at a time, max.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Since moving to London, I'd say every park around me has been reasonably busy, and there's always kids and families in the playgrounds. Especially as we're getting into spring, and towards summer as things open up, the idea that kids are just going to be happy being cooped up indoors doesn't really hold up. Unless they're nerds like me who would have been inside all the time anyway.

I wonder how much of it equates to private vs public land, though. Where I grew up, it would be rare to see kids playing in fields or on the village green, but even our little council house had a good sized garden, so there was very little reason to. But in London, where there's far less likelihood of living somewhere with a garden, the public parks are going to get a lot more use. Luckily for me, in SE there's a fair amount of them to choose from.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I'm in Suffolk (Ipswich) and always seems to be busy wherever we go in parks etc. Sometimes we've had to go to another one because it's just so busy somewhere.

I think on the whole most people are just glad to be out somewhere.

I know what you mean. I was in Christchurch Park last monday and there was definitely a good number of people there. Having said that though, they did seem to be sticking to their respective groups. 

  • Moderators
Posted
19 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

If done right...  Permitted developments have been a disaster for my town.  Conversion of premises that can be done without planning permission from the council in buildings that were never meant to be homes converted to maximise profit.  If you could swing a cat in them it would be a 2d cat printed on a postcard.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/sep/27/housing-crisis-planning-converting-office-blocks-homes-catastrophe-jenrick

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-47720887

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/feb/25/new-bbc-chair-richard-sharp-managed-firm-roundshield-caridon

 

People living in Terminus House? Fucking hell that is insane. I took my drivers theory test there!

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Just had my Beautiful British Vaccine on this Beautiful British Day. 

Bad time of day to follow up with some high quality grub, so I've got on the cans instead because I'm Northern.

Posted

So found out yesterday a friend from work passed away. She was only in her early 30s and had two small children. Absolutely heartbroken for her and her family.

She suffered a stroke and then bleeding in the brain a few weeks later and was gone. So shocked.

Even more shocked to then read this was all after she'd had her AZ jab and they believe her to be one of the small (ish) percentage that had the blood clot issues that have been of much debate.

I'd never really taken too much notice before but it certainly makes you think when it's that close to home.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Work are trying to incentivise staff into taking the rapid tests by offering an entry into a prize draw for £50 every week if you email a screenshot of your negative test results. I've ordered some anyway, as better to be safe than sorry anyhow. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

I think it's more to just promote staff doing the tests rather than introducing some kind of testing rule. Mrs Jazzy brought a couple of boxes of them home from the chemist's as well, so we're well stocked up. 

Posted
5 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Work are trying to incentivise staff into taking the rapid tests by offering an entry into a prize draw for £50 every week if you email a screenshot of your negative test results. I've ordered some anyway, as better to be safe than sorry anyhow. 

Surely any test result should gain entry in to the draw? Seems very harsh to be told you have Covid AND being disqualified from the draw. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Got the second vaccine booked for May 14th, but I picked midday this time so I could get a quarterpounder with cheese afterwards.

Posted
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Got the second vaccine booked for May 14th, but I picked midday this time so I could get a quarterpounder with cheese afterwards.

Worth noting, not for you obviously, but if you have the McDonalds app there is always an offer on Mondays. Big Mac for 99p after a vaccine is a winner. So if yours is on a Monday, you’re welcome. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...