Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 4, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 4, 2021 Got mine booked for 11:20am tomorrow. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2021 I just got my vaccination... Under Bill Gates' thought control... Jabbed. Moderna vaccine. Feeling fine. Foot-long Southwest cheese steak Subway with double cheese. 2nd jab 21st July. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 5, 2021 Posted May 5, 2021 Just got vaccinatied but no time for McDonald's☹️ Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 5, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 5, 2021 3 hours ago, johnnyboy said: Well, aren't we fancy?! Sorry: meant to be light hearted. Apologies if you suffer from some horrendous blood clotting issue meaning that you needed an alternative. Nah, all good. It's an odd one - the centre where I booked was the only one within five miles of me that still had a slot this week; all the others were at the end of next week at the earliest. Turned out the Moderna one was just the vaccine they'd been supplied with at the time. Was surprising - I didn't think we had it in the UK. Quote
deathrey Posted May 5, 2021 Posted May 5, 2021 Moderna was approved for UK use in January. I think it's just been a slow supply though and Astra Zeneca is cheaper so where possible, they are using that. If we have to boosters again next year, I want the Moderna one as the coverage on the Astra Zeneca is a bit poo compared to the others. Quote
Moderators neil Posted May 5, 2021 Moderators Posted May 5, 2021 My brother got Moderna a few weeks ago Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted May 5, 2021 Moderators Posted May 5, 2021 What's going on with the vaccine rollout now out there? Have you had one yet? Quote
Steve Justice Posted May 6, 2021 Posted May 6, 2021 Had my first jab yesterday. Felt relatively OK throughout the day, but have woken this morning feeling utter shite. Very similar to a bad hangover. Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted May 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 6, 2021 Been quite fortunate I think. Had two jabs of AZ and no side effects (other than a tender arm in the spot I was jabbed for a day after). Wasn’t looking forward to the second one as I’d heard that people alright with the first can get a load of side effects after the second, but it’s been a few days and nothing. Quote
Paid Members choccy Posted May 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 6, 2021 My arm still feels like it’s been punched hard, it’s useable but been painful all week. No bruising though. I had side effects too. The day after was headache, cold/shivery then too hot, no appetite. I also got a nice cough which was slightly alarming and nothing mentions that specifically just “flu like symptoms” so I had a “shit! I have covid!” moment. Couldn’t sleep that night and I’m still struggling with that and feeling tired so not sure if it’s linked. The second day I just felt a bit rough and was tired. Lost my whole weekend to it but no regrets, just really hope the second one isn’t even worse! I hope the side effects don’t make people avoid boosters. I’ve seen comments where people don’t even want the initial vaccination through fear of needing time off or child care issues etc, though that was mostly in the States where sick leave is less common so it’s having a financial impact on workers. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted May 6, 2021 Paid Members Posted May 6, 2021 32 minutes ago, choccygirl said: My arm still feels like it’s been punched hard, it’s useable but been painful all week. No bruising though. Me too. Was fine (although had to sleep a chunk of the day), but now my shoulder's really sore, and I can't raise it above chest height. It's not really been a problem - more of a very dull ache than outright pain. Quote
Moderators neil Posted May 6, 2021 Moderators Posted May 6, 2021 19 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: What's going on with the vaccine rollout now out there? Have you had one yet? Yeah I had the first jab of Moderna myself a couple weeks ago. Each state in the US controlled their own rollout, but at this point you can get an appointment or even just walk-in to get a jab now. Problem now is that a lot of people aren't getting vaccinated so unlikely to reach herd immunity. Quote
Joe Blog Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 (edited) Just had my first vaccine, Pfizer crew. Edited May 7, 2021 by Joe Blog Wrong vaccine Quote
Retro Red Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 Had Pfizer yesterday afternoon and so far feeling fine. Arm is sore but it’s only when I move it and just feels like a bruise, nothing severe. Thank goodness as I’ve got 6 hours of zoom calls today and wasn’t looking forward to that if I got something more on the hard end of the side effects. Quote
deathrey Posted May 7, 2021 Posted May 7, 2021 Looks like AZ is being pulled for under 40's from now on in the UK. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57021738 Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.