Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members

Just found out my Nan passed away due to covid this morning. It's not quite hit yet, but to be honest - as bad as this may sound - she's suffered from dementia for the last 6/7 years and hasn't recognised me for a long time, so it was almost as though I'd lost her already. I feel for my Dad more than anything, as although I've drifted away from the family the rest of them are really close-knit. He probably spoke to her everyday when she was healthy so he's completely tore up about it.

86 though, pretty good innings.

Her favourite carer in the carehome sat with her and held her hand while she passed which has really touched me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been in the smaller of the two Tesco in Lincoln. Things were pretty much in stock apart from loo roll and pet food. Did see one guy at the till getting told by the checkout girl that he couldn't

I'll eventually work through all the messages but I'm safe. Thanks folks. I'm still an absolute mess but safe all the same. 

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Her favourite carer in the carehome sat with her and held her hand while she passed which has really touched me.

Sorry for your loss mate, the above is really lovely to read though and hopefully will provide some comfort to your family. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for your loss, Lorne. It’s comforting to know she wasn’t alone at the end. 
 

Just got a news notification about the prime minister will lead the clap for captain Tom tonight. Of course he fucking will, the opportunistic cunt. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Sorry for your loss, Lorne. It’s comforting to know she wasn’t alone at the end. 
 

Just got a news notification about the prime minister will lead the clap for captain Tom tonight. Of course he fucking will, the opportunistic cunt. 

Despite saying taking the knee was an "empty gesture". Shill.

This tickled me. I like the idea of him forgetting to take a watch or phone out with him and not knowing how long a minute is and having to stay there for ages to SALUTE BRAVE TOM.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Despite saying taking the knee was an "empty gesture". Shill.

This tickled me. I like the idea of him forgetting to take a watch or phone out with him and not knowing how long a minute is and having to stay there for ages to SALUTE BRAVE TOM.

 

Doesn't care what anyone thinks, yet is posting about it on twitter anyway

Edited by TomJones233
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry to hear of your news, Lorne

 

I see the 'Kneel Before Zod' sorry 'Kneel before Tom' posts have started on Facebook.  I give up with humanity some times as a complete lost cause. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I realise it maybe isn’t your typical job but is there any other job that’s seems to define a life than being in the armed forces? I was a fork lift driver for twice as long as Tom Moore was in the army but I’m not Kounterbalance Keith. I guess it’s more aimed at those gammons who bang on about being ex army but were in the army for the minimum time and have been a security guard for 20 years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...