Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
On 5/14/2021 at 11:15 PM, deathrey said:

Thanks @LaGoosh. We seem on the cusp of a positive breakthrough with all this so fingercrossed it isn't vaccine resistant and we aren't detailed.

Update: the Indian variant is not resistant to the current vaccines.

• Paid Members

Woke up this morning and feel terrible, lungs are like fire when I inhale, heads pounding and I've got no energy whatsoever. I've been taking tests for the last 4 days due to the little lads nursery closing on Wednesday due to a reported case and I honestly thought it would be positive this morning.

Had my first jab a couple of months ago, next one due on 12th June. Obviously it's not to say I don't have it, going to keep testing over the next few days, but it's definitely the worst I've felt in a good 10 years.

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, DCW said:

GP texted me out of the blue with the offer of a Pfizer hit next Friday. The health service here are only on the 50's age bracket on the national jab rollout so I assume it's some sort of mistake on my GP's part seeing as I'm 33 and have no underlying conditions. But will turn up and hope for the best I suppose. 

I know a few people that that has happened to. My mate, who is in his thirties got his really early, before they'd even started doing 65s. A guy at work, who is 20, told me he got his first dose during lockdown as well. Neither of them have health conditions so I'm assuming it's just down to how quickly your area is getting through things.

I got the AstraZeneca one on Friday. Bit of a headache and a really sore arm but other than I felt fine.

53 minutes ago, Nick James said:

Woke up this morning and feel terrible, lungs are like fire when I inhale, heads pounding and I've got no energy whatsoever. I've been taking tests for the last 4 days due to the little lads nursery closing on Wednesday due to a reported case and I honestly thought it would be positive this morning.

Had my first jab a couple of months ago, next one due on 12th June. Obviously it's not to say I don't have it, going to keep testing over the next few days, but it's definitely the worst I've felt in a good 10 years.

If you have any symptoms the lateral flow tests won't give you a positive result anyway mate. 

• Paid Members
52 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

If you have any symptoms the lateral flow tests won't give you a positive result anyway mate. 

That's not right. In fact they are more accurate on symptomatic people. LFT isn't used for people with symptoms for a few reasons, it's used to catch asymptomatic people and so is used as a safety net, so the test sites that started it needed to be as secure as possible, meaning the tests weren't used for people with symptoms. Plus if an LFT is positive you have to get a PCR test as that is sent to a lab to analyse for variants. 

2 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

That's not right. In fact they are more accurate on symptomatic people. LFT isn't used for people with symptoms for a few reasons, it's used to catch asymptomatic people and so is used as a safety net, so the test sites that started it needed to be as secure as possible, meaning the tests weren't used for people with symptoms. Plus if an LFT is positive you have to get a PCR test as that is sent to a lab to analyse for variants. 

Yeah I stand corrected, my mistake. 

• Paid Members

Just had my first vaccination. To live up to the cliché the likes of @tiger_rick have for us Southerners, I had a post-jab Costa coffee, where I met former Keffer Burchills Buddy- who had his jab an hour before me. 

Don't worry, I had a McDonald's straight afterwards. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

We've got a Tim Horton's now so I'm chugging a dozen donuts after the second jab.

Is it any good? Was going to try it out last weekend but the queue stretched back for ages